Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any trouble removing the glovebox to get to their aux wiring? I pushed the tabs to release the box, and the little strut that helps guide the box down slowly snapped right off of the inside of the compartment.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any trouble removing the glovebox to get to their aux wiring? I pushed the tabs to release the box, and the little strut that helps guide the box down slowly snapped right off of the inside of the compartment.
It has happened to several people on here, apparently it breaks very easily. I think someone on here knows how to order the replacement piece.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Warranty?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure the piece is only a couple bucks, not sure if it is worth trying to warranty it if you can order one pretty easily. @flip has the part number/diagram for the glovebox I am pretty sure. Do a search and you will probably find it, there is definitely another thread about this.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I thought mine broke, but it just slid right back into position upon further examination.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I thought mine broke, but it just slid right back into position upon further examination.
That's what I thought. I slid it back in and when I went to close it the whole unit popped off the side. Noticed some broken plastic and a metal mounting widget on the ground and gave up on it.

I'd order the part but I'm sure I'd snap it again. Plus I'm pretty sure it's only there to slow the descent of the box when opening right? It's a luxury I can live without but was shocked at how fragile that was.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I thought. I slid it back in and when I went to close it the whole unit popped off the side. Noticed some broken plastic and a metal mounting widget on the ground and gave up on it.

I'd order the part but I'm sure I'd snap it again. Plus I'm pretty sure it's only there to slow the descent of the box when opening right? It's a luxury I can live without but was shocked at how fragile that was.
Oh dang, now I need to check if mine is broken but installed! Haha, thanks and hope the part arrives quickly, those little luxuries are what help make the rig special!

OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Bronco because it was a vehicle I could break and it'd still work. Whether I want to or not, I will continue to test that theory.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update, as I know most of you were up all night last night worrying…
It is installed, but NOT broken! Really dodged a bullet there, now let’s rally around OP to get his piece shipped and replaced ASAP.
Dear sweet baby bronco god, please watch over us all as we wait for this glove compartment descender arm replacement. Gofundme link to donate to their family for time lost can be found below! 😘😂😂🤪
Sponsored