Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Peri

That's just horrible, people .. :(

Ford Perimeter seems to be standard on 2022+ models. In the Ford Pass app, i set my alarm to notify me when any door or gate is opened. I set this when I stay at hotels or am away from my vehicle. Then make sure my phone is not on do-not-disburb mode.

However sometimes the Ford Pass app can be a little delayed

It's also a good thing to turn on when your car is at the dealership... then you have an idea when it's actually being worked on as the tech typically opens door to get it from the lot and then again to park it when it's ready for pickup.
Ok - I see “Perimeter Alarm” on my window sticker, but don’t see anything about it in my Ford Pass App on my iPhone. Is there some setting in sync I need to set up?

Google reveals existence but not how to get it all connected.

(Vehicle rummaging is frequent in our area, and the only thing the PD seem to be concerned with is gun theft.)
Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my Ford Pass app
  • Vehicle Tab
    • Safety & Security
      • Security Alert <------ this is where i set it to alert me when doors open
Just like a few others on this thread, I have a very late 22MY build, it says "Perimeter Alarm" on my window sticker, but my Fordpass app only shows "Ford Insure" under the Safety & Security header.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, but a pocket knife along that top edge and anyone with some force could spin that lock open, as the whole lock assembly would just spin until it unlatched.

A quick spot weld from the inside would solve that though.

Yet a lightweight, handheld crowbar would just bent that metal and pop that case.

If a thief wants in, they will get in. Love the box though, first i've seen of it. Does it also double as a table? May I ask where you got it ?
Off Amazon. I understand that if someone wants to get in they will. It just makes more work for them. It's a handy storage box though too. You could use it as a table for sure.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have it, just open the Ford Pass app on your phone, go to Safety and Security
I only see "Ford Insure" under Safety & Security in my app for my Bronco Raptor

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sorry this happened. Some people seriously suck.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is from one of my exterior cameras, yet there is nothing I can do...
Having a camera won't prevent a theft, it will just record it. I keep my Jeep unlocked to avoid getting the top sliced, I only keep napkins inside the Jeep (the thief didn't even took those!), so he left empty handed.
My point is, don't leave shit inside your vehicle, you don't want stolen.

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally sucks
Sorry it happened

I've had it happen two times with other vehicles.

Police can't do much other than document it for you.

One night, my old roommate and I grabbed a case of beer, a golf club and a softball bat. We waited near the parking lot of our apartment building.
We did catch the guys. They stopped breaking into vehicles around us after that. 😆

Was about 30 years ago. Wouldn't recommend that approach today
Today a 9mm would be needed.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or get a Time Machine and go back to make people vote differently such that crime is punishable again.
This is likely the first time in history someone from LAX has told this to a resident of Texas! :ROFLMAO:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Perimeter seems to be standard on 2022+ models. In the Ford Pass app, i set my alarm to notify me when any door or gate is opened. I set this when I stay at hotels or am away from my vehicle. Then make sure my phone is not on do-not-disburb mode.

However sometimes the Ford Pass app can be a little delayed

It's also a good thing to turn on when your car is at the dealership... then you have an idea when it's actually being worked on as the tech typically opens door to get it from the lot and then again to park it when it's ready for pickup.
I have a 23 built dec. 21st and it doesn't have it on the app but it shows on the sticker. I planned on calling my dealership and seeing if they can "fix" it.
[/QUOTE]
I just checked on the window sticker of my 2023 base (on it's way to the dealer) and it's there. Let us know if the dealer was able to add it to the app.
Ford Bronco Broken into in a well lit public garage 1681760312454

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People suck. Unfortunately a sign of the times we live in.

I slept on it and woke up more frustrated. Anyone running a center console safe and/or a rear locking setup? I'm looking at the two offerings from Tuffy -

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...021-22-ford-bronco-4-door-black/?sku=755-CUST

https://tuffyproducts.com/products/ford-center-console-security-safe-2021-22-bronco/?sku=385-01
I've got one of these for my F-150. Is it insurmountable? Not in the slightest. The hope there is it slows them down long enough to move on to an easier target. 90% of the time if they do get in, they're going to be disappointed since I don't keep much in there when the truck will be unattended for a long period of time.

I don't have anything similar to this for my Bronco yet, but I do lock the console and glove box have the top off. Not misguided to think they're especially secure, but hopefully enough of a deterrent to keep curious minds from going any further.

Sorry this happened to you. That is super frustrating.

I have the Diabolical Inc. rear security enclosure. It is much better than the Tuffy version, but is more expensive. I thought the price was worth it.

Allen, the owner at Diabolical is a sponsor here and has been very helpful with any questions you may have. Here is the website link: https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/collections/bronco-collection

Best of luck.
I've been thinking about one of these. I don't think it provides much once they get the doors open as they can just unlock the 5th door, but I do like the idea for when I've got the top off. How's disassembly if you need to put something large in there. Probably will only ever be a golf bag or two since I've got the pickup for actual work needs, but I'd still need to take it down from time to time.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So my bronco was broken into in a public garage while visiting friends at their home. 50 dollars stolen, some of the tools from the toolkit, a battery jumper tool I keep, some medications I take that I keep a weeks worth in the car and some of the Baja designs lenses that I had stashed in the back waiting to decide what to run.

No broken window, no broken roof ( I have a hard top. ) but it seems like they popped a door somehow.

I am mad and feel helpless, the cops didn’t do anything and told me to submit a report, but my stuff is just gone. Now I’m looking at alarms and locking consoles and all kinds of stuff but that’s another 1k or so if I get nice stuff, plus I want to add a dash cam that’s always on inside and out so it can record.

I don’t have anyone else to talk to about this and it’s really got me rattled. Tips, ideas for what I can do, experiences, etc are all welcome.

I am starting to think this isn’t worth the money and stress. I’m really having a bad time with this.
So sorry to hear about this... unfortunately people get more and more creative with robbing cars. A solution I have considered is an entry alarm on each door to possibly deter thieves.
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...79397bH-AhVLnGoFHbxdDF4Qww8oAnoECAYQDA&adurl=