Sponsored

Broken Plastic Rear Bumper. Favorite Aftermarket Upgrades?

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this past Sunday I hit the trail and ripped off the end cap of the factory rear plastic bumper.

I was planning on going to my local dealer and buying a replacement end cap, but am also toying with the idea of replacing the entire thing. I never liked the idea of a plastic rear bumper to begin with.

I was looking for some feedback from you fine folk on your steel high clearance bumpers of choice.

The video is the moment if broke. Sounded like a snapped tree limb.
Ford Bronco Broken Plastic Rear Bumper.  Favorite Aftermarket Upgrades? DB53EE5E-43AE-4426-827C-F9776D4D4F06

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought the badlands came with a steel rear bumber?

OP
OP
Landin536

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the badlands came with a steel rear bumber?
Nope. Plastic on all models for the rear, though I’m not certain on the Raptor.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean I am not sure why it would be plastic when it clearly is advertised as a powered coated steel bumper on the ford website for the badlands up plus black diamond (unsure about OBX and for the 22 model year)

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the DV8 mainly because I have DV8 front bumper. I like the strength and build quality. I painted the honeycomb imagery’s blue. It is beefy and took 2 people to install.

DE51878C-7145-4B18-B0A8-A162DF9BD4CE.jpeg

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean I am not sure why it would be plastic when it clearly is advertised as a powered coated steel bumper on the ford website for the badlands up plus black diamond (unsure about OBX and for the 22 model year)
it's plastic. thought the same and was surprised (and not thrilled seeing they advertised pcs) when i picked it up. was hard to tell by the eye though.

doesn't bother me now and when i break it i will replace with something better.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it's plastic. thought the same and was surprised (and not thrilled seeing they advertised pcs) when i picked it up. was hard to tell by the eye though.

doesn't bother me now and when i break it i will replace with something better.
Well good to know was looking at aftermarket bumpers until I jumped up to BD guess I will fire that search back up. What a pain in the hindquarters Ford is.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the DV8 mainly because I have DV8 front bumper. I like the strength and build quality. I painted the honeycomb imagery’s blue. It is beefy and took 2 people to install.

Ford Bronco Broken Plastic Rear Bumper.  Favorite Aftermarket Upgrades? DE51878C-7145-4B18-B0A8-A162DF9BD4CE
This bumper obviously fit with your hitch which appears to be the factory hitch? Or did you need to modify something?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw, at least part of the bumper is metal because when I went to mount the housing for my hitch harness (aftermarket Curtis) I had to drill in to the metal underside of the bumper. I vividly remember it because I was trying not to swallow metal shards.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Broken Plastic Rear Bumper.  Favorite Aftermarket Upgrades? DE51878C-7145-4B18-B0A8-A162DF9BD4CE
I love that bumper except for the honeycomb part and not sure why it’s part of the design. Does it have any function?

Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love that bumper except for the honeycomb part and not sure why it’s part of the design. Does it have any function?
Just looks, after seeing the inner fender thread it must be a look theme. They have a version of the front bumper that has the same honey comb.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No
This bumper obviously fit with your hitch which appears to be the factory hitch? Or did you need to modify something?
Nope it went right on. Be careful making sure you plug the right things into the wiring harness….I had to take mine to the dealer only to find out I plugged the license plate light into a parking sensor. 😳 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored