Sponsored

Broncbuster Bronco flipped.. what happened?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone saw this video ?

too much modification or misjudgment???:unsure:

Lucky the person didn’t got hurt and he still managed to complete.
Watch this video .
Restart: can anyone speak to what is required to restart a Bronco after the air bag deployed? No lock-out system preventing restart?

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Restart: can anyone speak to what is required to restart a Bronco after the air bag deployed? No lock-out system preventing restart?
I was not personally involved, but after a Bronco rolled a few times with full airbag deployment they disconnected the battery while airing up the tires. Then fired it right up. It landed back on the wheels so no clearing oil out of the cylinders. I did not see them do anything more mechanical.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I recall correctly, all you have to do is try starting and shutting it down a few times. At that point it'll reset and let the engine start up. Something like three cycles? Don't know if a battery disconnect does the same thing, but it would be a logical thing to try if cycling the ignition doesn't work.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He said this week he has some portals coming from Germany you will be able to use on a daily driver. $20k about though.
Ill be interested to see if he files for a patent as im assuming he invented them

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ill be interested to see if he files for a patent as im assuming he invented them
It's probably the $14K Werewolf portals from Ukraine. If he ever sells them, they'll likely be marketed as a patent possibly pending product shipped from a 100% USA owned business, because buy american. Take some pics with a US flag sticker somewhere on it because patriotism and it covers up the made in Ukraine sticker, should sell like canned capitalism for $20K.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's probably the $14K Werewolf portals from Ukraine. If he ever sells them, they'll likely be marketed as a patent possibly pending product shipped from a 100% USA owned business, because buy american. Take some pics with a US flag sticker somewhere on it because patriotism and it covers up the made in Ukraine sticker, should sell like canned capitalism for $20K.
Note the german connection. Dont pull my heartstrings about ‘USA’ then hawk anything that isnt made IN USA, unless he meant Germany, Louisiana or some such place. I mean stock bronco wheels are ’gasp’ chinese.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I mentioned in the other threads, I mean look at the guy in the black jeep...beat on that rhing like crazy...it is not just Bronco Buster missing finesse.

And yeah, it's ironic how some of the more built up rigs have harder times... Immediately jumping to lift kits and larger tires can srew things up.
One thing to consider is vehicle weight. The curb weight on that 1999 Cherokee, having a nice showing in the video, is around 3,200lbs. Compared to the Bronco at around 5,000lbs. I like body on frame design as in the Bronco, but some of these newer vehicles could use a diet.

Trucking around nearly 2,000lbs extra is going to impact agility and stress on components. That Cherokee was able to rock a Dana 35 axle in part because it didn't have to support all those extra pounds.

Also regardless of any mods to the Bronco front suspension, the videos indicated the front end travel was lacking. There is only so much you can do with the IFS in that regard.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure how he could possibly patent something 74weld has been making and selling for years, not to mention all the factory applications on other vehicles.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have done that trail/obstacle several times. He didn't know the line and used way too much throttle. It is called rock crawling, not rock hopping. If he did it to show off, fine, if he did it because that is how he drives, he doesn't know how to drive an off road machine.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not hating here, but not only does he drive like an inexperienced wheeler, the MT contributes to the lack of smoothness. Combine on the fly learning with a MT and not giving a sh!t and this is the result. I love MTs, but give me an AT on the rocks...

ETA: not claiming to be anything, but the EB in my avatar is on this obstacle and walked it...many times.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well in the end, he has a channel, he has views, and I am sure he has enough to pay for the repairs. The way he rolled it on the soft top shows that the Bronco's are indeed Ford tuff! He could have gotten hurt easily in that roll. They flipped it over and he kept going! lol he kept doing the trail. I'll give him credit for that. using that Bronco, no matter the reason, he is pushing it way past what others may do.

All said, he could perhaps, tone it down. That flip was because he was trying to brute force that Bronco up.

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seriously will someone please tell me why the bronco front end always seems to bounce like a basketball when rock crawling is that just the way a ifs acts in that situation or is it just me thinking that I’ve seen multiple videos online and they seem to all do it
Keep it in manual mode so you are in 2nd or 3rd gear when climbing. I'm seeing a ton of folks just "sending it" and that gets the front end hopping. You don't need a lot of wheel spin to get traction, that's a sign someone is too heavy on the pedel or isn't in 4L......

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep it in manual mode so you are in 2nd or 3rd gear when climbing. I'm seeing a ton of folks just "sending it" and that gets the front end hopping. You don't need a lot of wheel spin to get traction, that's a sign someone is too heavy on the pedel or isn't in 4L......

Keep in mind BB is running a MT. So I suspect he is riding the clutch to get those big 40s moving and dumping it too aggressively. It is much harder to control a rig with a MT on rocks/ledges - been there, done that. Autos are superior for this type of terrain (IMO).

Dmag

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco /f250/lx450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ya he definitely sends it.
Sponsored