First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I really wish Ford had not created. This model concept as it is really making getting the perfect build impossible. All the models really are, are slightly different versions with a locked in color interior and 1-2 features that you may or may not be able to get in another modal. But it creates so many unnecessary limitations.

For me all I really want is:
2 Dr
auto
maybe sas
high pkg
rubber floors with wash out
vinyl seats
black interior
side steps.

I dont need under body armor or the disco or some color interior that doesn’t even match the exterior i want. As a result my build is somewhere between a badlands or a wild Tran but neither has the basics I want.

If they had just made 2 models. One with vinyl, rubber floor and one with carpet, cloth and both in black and maybe a brown or grey and build from there it would have made things easier.

Then have something like:

Cold weather package: heated seats, steering wheel

crawler package: bash plates, rock rails, stabilizer disco, rock crawl mode

tow package: front/rear steel bumpers, hitch

Tech package: 12” screen, wireless charging, extra usb ports

Convenience: garage door opener, 2-door intelligent access, remote start

advanced safety: co-pilot, BLISS, Pre collision assist, evasive steering, adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, auto high beams

LED package: signature headlights, taillights, side mirror ELD approach lamps, ambient lighting

SAS: same as current

keep the rest as stand alone, maybe add a couple things like backup camera as standard.

SOmething like this would have avoided a lot of problems and made more sense. Instead they created a problem for a lot of people where their didnt need to be one as it seems a lot of people are stuck between models due to a couple features or interior color issues.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes they created multiple trims to make more money.

Everything in your list of wants can be accomplished by BL with high package. Orange interior accents are easily remedied. You can add side steps likely as a dealer accessory or buy them later. I'm missing the problem here.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel you and this is my exact struggle. Right now my Badlands build comes in a $55k. It has several unwanted items and is missing a bunch of things I do want. Seems like an expensive series of concessions and why many have already killed their reservations.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for $55k I should also then swap my seats and buy running boards, cause I'm in the exact same situation? Let's not even start with where ford wants me to put my front License plate.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Everything in your list of wants can be accomplished by BL with high package. Orange interior accents are easily remedied. You can add side steps likely as a dealer accessory or buy them later. I'm missing the problem here.
No I cant. I can get a badlands and I have to get extra off road items, bash plates, stabilizer disco, steel bumpers, rock rails. All cost $$$ and aren’t needed. I cant get the side steps, sure i can get after market but then have to try and sell rock rails. Also what if I wanted a red exterior? That does not at all work with orange accent interior.

I could go with wildtracks which has many things standard that i want but then cant get washout interior and vinyl seats and have to get the horrible wildtacks color scheme.

Also just to get heated steering wheel need lux package.

I know why they did some of the packages, pure money grab, but the model levels add just another level that was not needed Especially with making them color coded.

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I understand your frustration, Ford is a “for profit” corporation. They need to maximize the profitability of each vehicle model. A perfect example is the BD not having signature LED headlights. Why? At a functional level, it is close to the BL model, and Ford needs to differentiate the two models. Their job is to tempt/convince you to move up in the model range, and add option packages. Your job is to assess your financial situation, your needs, your wants, and buy what you think is right for you.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, all the bullshit driving up the price beyond it's personal value point for me.
Base Sqautch and done.
Keep it simple. The way a Bronco is supposed to be.

Edit: to be clear, by bullshit I mean the jumping through hoops to get a few certain options that id like, Ford knows it and has split them into different "packages" .
I feel manipulated and have a strong aversion to that.
I'll go Base 2 door or Big Bend 4 door, manuals, and still have WAAY more stuff than I ever dreamed of putting on my 69 Bronco!

I don't mind tech.... I don't like how they intentionally bundle it.
I don't NEED it.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A cross between 4 dr 2.7L OBX/Badlands -- Badlands lift/wheel/tire (HOSS w 33s), steel bumper but no front locker and no front disco, tube steps, roast leather interior/dash, OBX grille, side steps, UNpainted fenders to tie in MIC top, but painted mirror caps and door handles...on AMB w lux package

The reality is - OBX w steel bumpers, higher gearing, lux 2.7 with $2,300 leftover (compared to BL build) for suspension/tire stuff. $2,300 doesnt get me much. 33 in C load on aftermarket 17s with no lift...or BL with MGV, swap rails and grille. Going with the latter. Get better resale, and better ride geometry. Frankly, it's more content, with the exception of manual seats.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While I understand your frustration, Ford is a “for profit” corporation. They need to maximize the profitability of each vehicle model. A perfect example is the BD not having signature LED headlights. Why? At a functional level, it is close to the BL model, and Ford needs to differentiate the two models. Their job is to tempt/convince you to move up in the model range, and add option packages. Your job is to assess your financial situation, your needs, your wants, and buy what you think is right for you.
I understand and am fine with Ford wanting to make money. From that standpoint lets start with tying the colors to the different models. That doesn’t make them any extra money and honestly is losing them money. I would consider wildtracks but not with that color interior. SO i am choosing a cheaper model because of color. Others seem to be doing the same.

Also they would still make money with organized packages. In your example if you want the LED headlights you buy an LED light package as I indicated above. They make their money and I get what I want. Many other companies do this. Hell I am sure Ford does this with other products. Even still having some level of mid/high/lux, maybe fine. But some of the other limitations I listed are problems they created for themselves by maybe trying to get too cute And greedy.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No I cant. I can get a badlands and I have to get extra off road items, bash plates, stabilizer disco, steel bumpers, rock rails. All cost $$$ and aren’t needed. I cant get the side steps, sure i can get after market but then have to try and sell rock rails. Also what if I wanted a red exterior? That does not at all work with orange accent interior.
This madness has got to stop. Orange and red most certainly work together. Red and blue go together. Orange and blue go together. Black and gray will go with any of the colors. Personal preference do not mean that Ford’s designers aren’t familiar with how colors work.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the end of the day, if you're not satisfying the customer and forcing them into things they don't think they need/want, sales will suffer. Maybe not now, but this is a losing strategy when delivering a product to market. We should have a neutral interior color option across each trim and also be able to choose vinyl/washout or cloth/leather interior across each trim. I am more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt on separating trims based on capability and off road features vs. comfort. The interior decisions make no sense as I am one of the customers that was on BL/WT train but now i am firmly in base squatch land. Ford in fact, forced me into a cheaper model due to their lack of options across trims.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rabid first year buyers will buy a Bronco regardless of these perceived limitations. A certain number of frustrated folks will wait and, magically, Ford will address some of the issues for MY22, then a few more for MY23 and so on....to keep the public interested and bolster sales. As was said earlier.....Ford is a "for profit" corporation. We're just pawns in the game for the next few years.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This madness has got to stop. Orange and red most certainly work together. Red and blue go together. Orange and blue go together. Black and gray will go with any of the colors. Personal preference do not mean that Ford’s designers aren’t familiar with how colors work.
Exactly!
Sponsored