Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol no. Orange and red are most certainly NOT complimentary colors. Orange is quite a polarizing color as is, so to force every badlands owner into a polarizing interior color choice is Fords interior design team doing a bad job and not knowing their customer.

Google complimentary primary colors to get a basic idea of primary and secondary color accents. You'll see obviously that red and orange are so close in color that they do in fact clash pretty hard. Rapid red exterior and orange interior is just bad design. Period.
The good thing for you then is that the Badlands orange is really yellow...which works great with red.
Sponsored

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol no. Orange and red are most certainly NOT complimentary colors. Orange is quite a polarizing color as is, so to force every badlands owner into a polarizing interior color choice is Fords interior design team doing a bad job and not knowing their customer.

Google complimentary primary colors to get a basic idea of primary and secondary color accents. You'll see obviously that red and orange are so close in color that they do in fact clash pretty hard. Rapid red exterior and orange interior is just bad design. Period.
Complementary colors are not the only colors that go together. Orange and red are analogous colors (next to each other/same family on the color wheel), and are a standard design choice.

Whether the colors “go together” is an entirely different question than whether people find a choice “polarizing.”

832F1827-7215-4294-B8D8-4FAF6B49B130.jpeg

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would your example not work? If you live in a cold area AND want to crawl in the mountains you buy both packages as they both meet your needs. you get what you need for the situation but nothing you dont. For me I would get the cold weather package but pass on the crawling package. Both would spend extra money bit only what they need. I could then use the money not spent on the crawler package for the tech package.
Well, let's assume for a moment, and as an example, that both the cold weather and the crawl package include rear locking differentials since that might be a preferred option in both instances. If your configuration included both of these options you'd be right back to what the prescribed issue is now.
Similarly, what about the person who generally wants the cold weather package but not one of the included features? That's kind of what some are complaining about now with the existing model choices.
The only way around that is to offer each "feature" as a self-standing option, but that would be very inefficient from an assembly line perspective and would be more difficult to streamline the build process. Hence the reason why there are limited models offered, and why all auto vendors employ similar tactics.
I am not disagreeing with the intent of your suggestions. I just don't know if its practical to implement given the number of people who all want something different.
Food for thought. ;)

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I really wish Ford had not created. This model concept as it is really making getting the perfect build impossible. All the models really are, are slightly different versions with a locked in color interior and 1-2 features that you may or may not be able to get in another modal. But it creates so many unnecessary limitations.

For me all I really want is:
2 Dr
auto
maybe sas
high pkg
rubber floors with wash out
vinyl seats
black interior
side steps.

I dont need under body armor or the disco or some color interior that doesn’t even match the exterior i want. As a result my build is somewhere between a badlands or a wild Tran but neither has the basics I want.

If they had just made 2 models. One with vinyl, rubber floor and one with carpet, cloth and both in black and maybe a brown or grey and build from there it would have made things easier.

Then have something like:

Cold weather package: heated seats, steering wheel

crawler package: bash plates, rock rails, stabilizer disco, rock crawl mode

tow package: front/rear steel bumpers, hitch

Tech package: 12” screen, wireless charging, extra usb ports

Convenience: garage door opener, 2-door intelligent access, remote start

advanced safety: co-pilot, BLISS, Pre collision assist, evasive steering, adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, auto high beams

LED package: signature headlights, taillights, side mirror ELD approach lamps, ambient lighting

SAS: same as current

keep the rest as stand alone, maybe add a couple things like backup camera as standard.

SOmething like this would have avoided a lot of problems and made more sense. Instead they created a problem for a lot of people where their didnt need to be one as it seems a lot of people are stuck between models due to a couple features or interior color issues.

I would be spending more money if this was possible ??

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..... Ford in fact, forced me into a cheaper model due to their lack of options across trims.
THISSSSS!!! ALL GODDDAMMNED DAY! I was all BD on day 1, then gradually was seduced into thinking I had to go up to BL to "get it all". Am now almost 100% going Base, both as a big F-You to Ford for doing this, and to be able to outfit it the way I want.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, but AMEN! Total frustration on my end. I keep bouncing back and forth between trim levels and options. I spend waaaaay too much of my day researching and vacilating.

My best bet is to just wait until order day and then throw a dart at some of my picks. All of which have something I'd rather change.

Help me out. Do I give a shit about the 12" screen?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, but AMEN! Total frustration on my end. I keep bouncing back and forth between trim levels and options. I spend waaaaay too much of my day researching and vacilating.

My best bet is to just wait until order day and then throw a dart at some of my picks. All of which have something I'd rather change.

Help me out. Do I give a shit about the 12" screen?
I don’t. There was only one feature in High, and a few in Lux that interest me. But it’s not worth it to me. I’m sticking with Mid package and use the money I save for accessories and mods that genuinely interest me.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THISSSSS!!! ALL GODDDAMMNED DAY! I was all BD on day 1, then gradually was seduced into thinking I had to go up to BL to "get it all". Am now almost 100% going Base, both as a big F-You to Ford for doing this, and to be able to outfit it the way I want.
Agree 100%....when my OB dream build exploded beyond $50K, the BB did also --- Back to the Base!

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

People shouldn’t have to spend that much money to get some of the mentioned features. That’s the problem.

Yes they created multiple trims to make more money.

Everything in your list of wants can be accomplished by BL with high package. Orange interior accents are easily remedied. You can add side steps likely as a dealer accessory or buy them later. I'm missing the problem here.

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I could get rear lockers on the 2dr base it would be perfect for me....the BB with option locker would be 5k more then the base

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could get rear lockers on the 2dr base it would be perfect for me....the BB with option locker would be 5k more then the base
Might as well squatch the base!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've done my share of complaining about some bronco stuff for sure, but reading alot of these posts sure makes it seem like a bunch of you haven't bought a new vehicle recently.

Everything is packaged together now its just the way it is, and yes Ford is really bad at it sometimes with options that make 0 sense.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s almost as if Ford is doing this just to make money.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could ask for two things it would be (in order):

1. A light gray vinyl interior (at least one light option for Badlands).

2. MIC to be black or really close to black. The concept (molded in color) is spot on, but it looks pre-faded which sucks.
Sponsored