Sponsored

Bronco 12 inch Infotainment Screen install?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49144
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 49144

I just had a quick, off the wall question, and I can’t seem to get a direct answer. So I’m hoping that someone here would know. I tried searching and couldn’t find out either. Does the 12 inch screen require any programming if you were going to change just the screen? Or does it still need to be programmed by Ford ?

thanks in advance
Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it needs to be coded to your VIN.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the fdim will need programing, make sure you have old part to download info from

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

the fdim will need programing, make sure you have old part to download info from
Okay, how exactly do I go about doing that? I’ll need to use ForScan ?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

we use FDRS to pmi the old module,not sure if can be done with forscan

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

okay, I can just have it with me correct? Doesn’t need to be hooked up or anything? I’m not sure exactly what they need from it?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they will need the old part still installed so pmi info can be retreved,and pushed to new module,if your screen is completly dead they should be able to use asbuilt data instead(will take longer)

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

they will need the old part still installed so pmi info can be retreved,and pushed to new module,if your screen is completly dead they should be able to use asbuilt data instead(will take longer)
Okay so will they need access to the back of it ? Like can I install it and they can go from there? Sorry for the stupid questions. Or do they plug it in through another port in the vehicle ?

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will use the obd port as there will probably be other modules that will need updating

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the screen itself is bad, that's one thing. If it's the module itself, yes it has to be programmed once installed in the vehicle via FDRS. My second 8" module came with basic programming, but either it updates over-the-air, or it will take the programming via FDRS which is ideal for speed, reliability, and module updates (which, by the way, solved my headlight coming on by themselves issue). My 12" module either came blank, or I got a bad screen out the box. In your case, a 12" screen swap like for like, you're fine

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

If the screen itself is bad, that's one thing. If it's the module itself, yes it has to be programmed once installed in the vehicle via FDRS. My second 8" module came with basic programming, but either it updates over-the-air, or it will take the programming via FDRS which is ideal for speed, reliability, and module updates (which, by the way, solved my headlight coming on by themselves issue). My 12" module either came blank, or I got a bad screen out the box. In your case, a 12" screen swap like for like, you're fine
Awesome! Thanks, that’s what I thought all along. It’s literally none of the “brains”, it’s screen only.
Sponsored