Sponsored

Bronco 12 inch Infotainment Screen install?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49144
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the screen itself is bad, that's one thing. If it's the module itself, yes it has to be programmed once installed in the vehicle via FDRS. My second 8" module came with basic programming, but either it updates over-the-air, or it will take the programming via FDRS which is ideal for speed, reliability, and module updates (which, by the way, solved my headlight coming on by themselves issue). My 12" module either came blank, or I got a bad screen out the box. In your case, a 12" screen swap like for like, you're fine
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

If the screen itself is bad, that's one thing. If it's the module itself, yes it has to be programmed once installed in the vehicle via FDRS. My second 8" module came with basic programming, but either it updates over-the-air, or it will take the programming via FDRS which is ideal for speed, reliability, and module updates (which, by the way, solved my headlight coming on by themselves issue). My 12" module either came blank, or I got a bad screen out the box. In your case, a 12" screen swap like for like, you're fine
Awesome! Thanks, that’s what I thought all along. It’s literally none of the “brains”, it’s screen only.