First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
gen 1 was based on the f100 that was later discontinued. Ford even tried the "unibody" (bed and cab NOT seperated) on the p/u, unsuccessfully, before using the platform on the 1G.
Not sure I believe that, but even if it were true they dropped that deal in '63(?) and Bronco wasn't out till '66...it's own animal at the time, and that way till '77. Even though current 6G and Ranger come from the same factory they are different enough to me to call it it's own animal...and I'm way glad about that! Not the usual rebadged products I'm used to!
Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's exactly what I did on my second gen, that 351M/400 was effectively a boat anchor. Dropped in a 429 thunder jet and any power issues or struggles that Bronco had were resolved instantly with that power plant. The only drawback I had to run premium in it.
It is a good and easy swap I also did it for a couple of f150's back in the day

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Modern F series is waay too freaking massive. Glad the 6G is sized with the Rangers.

Although I kinda wish they waited to bring back the ranger as the Bronco Ranger, that'd been a pretty sweet way to expand the Bronco family.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't have known my Bronco was 6th generation if it weren't for this group and its name. I've been roaming our planet since the 60s and personally recall some of the different versions. I was following the story that Ford was planning to relaunch the Bronco for what seemed like 8 years or so.... Anyway, I was curious to see a summary of the generations... production dates, specs, photos... I figured someone here must have done this or have seen it somewhere.

Admin update: here's a great infographic posted by @redone17

View attachment 487833
One thing this graphic misses is the relative size differences from Gen 1 to Gen 6. Here's something that might do it more justice.

Ford Bronco Bronco 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G -- Generations Compared 1680006959174

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My $0.02.!!
Ford Bronco Bronco 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G -- Generations Compared 1680006959174
You have to take the Gen2+ in context with competing with the K5 Blazer and it makes sense. The long wheel base Blazer became the Suburban and the Bronco evolved to the Expedition? (someone can correct me).

Just like Gen2 had to adapt to a Blazer, Gen6 was made in consideration of the 4dr Wrangler. We can call it the Wrangler Station Wagon but it definitively won in the market.

I like to think of the 2dr's like a Miata. Great for empty nesters and weekend drivers.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to take the Gen2+ in context with competing with the K5 Blazer and it makes sense. The long wheel base Blazer became the Suburban and the Bronco evolved to the Expedition? (someone can correct me).

Just like Gen2 had to adapt to a Blazer, Gen6 was made in consideration of the 4dr Wrangler. We can call it the Wrangler Station Wagon but it definitively won in the market.

I like to think of the 2dr's like a Miata. Great for empty nesters and weekend drivers.
I agree with everything said here except the suburban was around 30 some years before the Blazer came along so it is more like the short wheelbase suburban turned into the blazer and got a removeable top

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, it's:

Bronco.

Soccer Mom Bronco Limo.

Flex with a slightly different body.
OOOh OOOOh pick me I know

Bronco 2dr

Bronco 4dr

Bronco sport

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OOOh OOOOh pick me I know

Bronco 2dr

Bronco 4dr

Bronco sport
Wait maybe it's:

Bronco

Bronco Unlimited

Bronco Colt

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wouldn't have known my Bronco was 6th generation if it weren't for this group and its name. I've been roaming our planet since the 60s and personally recall some of the different versions. I was following the story that Ford was planning to relaunch the Bronco for what seemed like 8 years or so.... Anyway, I was curious to see a summary of the generations... production dates, specs, photos... I figured someone here must have done this or have seen it somewhere.

Admin update: here's a great infographic posted by @redone17

View attachment 487833

^^^^^ 2023 thread: Fail.

https://www.bronco6g.com/6-generati...n-styling-performance-size-price/#post-408273

^^^^^^ 2021 thread, WIN!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern F series is waay too freaking massive. Glad the 6G is sized with the Rangers.
I wholeheartedly agree. I actually wish they'd shrunk it a little more. 5-10% smaller would be perfect.

OP
OP
JohnnyX

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

However the original Gen 1 was designed to compete with the Jeep CJ and IH Scout . The Blazer was introduced 2-3 years after the Bronco. So clearly Ford shifted their focus and morphed the Bronco into an F-150 (which led to it's demise). And now Ford reintroduced the Bronco to compete with the Jeep for the second time. Hopefully they won't repeat the mistake they made in 78.
Sponsored