BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I brought home a demo unit to test fit in my garage and to look over real good. When we were ready to start it up and take it back it failed to start. Would not turn over, could only hear the throttle change position and nothing else. Dealership came out and had no luck starting it. It was sad to see it getting towed back. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue? The dealer is going to report back when they figure it out. I also replied to another thread about condensation in the rear storage compartment.
Sponsored

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I brought home a demo unit to test fit in my garage and to look over real good. When we were ready to start it up and take it back it failed to start. Would not turn over, could only hear the throttle change position and nothing else. Dealership came out and had no luck starting it. It was sad to see it getting towed back. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue? The dealer is going to report back when they figure it out. I also replied to another thread about condensation in the rear storage compartment.
2 door or 4 door? Auto or Manual?

chipstar

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leave a dome light on?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ahhh.... that's nothing, it is designed to be an offroader, not a Lexus. Starting on demand is a luxary.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wifes uncle works at a ford dealership as a sr master and he was working on their demo model badlands. Had a no start issue. If I recall it was something the dealership added that caused the issue. Want to say it was like a transponder/low jack tracker type thing or something they added. They got it resolved but took a bit to sort it out with him calling ford and running it down with them.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you had the stick version, you could started it by rolling down a hill and dumping the clutch :)

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what's more frustrating, not having your Bronco or finally getting it and having it break down and have quality issues?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dead batteries are very much a thing with units that have sat for extended periods. Who knows how long it sat before being railed over to your dealership to sit some more.

By any chance did you at least hook up a multi-meter to the battery to see what charge it had, or the draw when trying to crank?

Anyone with a garage to test-fit their vehicle should have a multi-meter (basic toolkit stuff here) to diagnose some of the basics.

FWIW: when you get your Bronco, you should also grab a trickle charger. I'd suggest something that can dump more than 2 amps in. 4 amps will actually get you to work before lunch.

This Duracell unit has served me well for both my 12v and 6v cars for over 5 years now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MW39STH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I gave up on "Battery Tender" and "NOCO genius" brand chargers a long time ago. Batteries + Bulb won't even carry NOCO locally any longer due to their insane warranty replacement rates (I went through 3 NOCO units in 6 months which were just keeping a few 12v run in series topped off).

NOCO are the darlings of Amazon, but don't say I didn't warn you if it craps out on you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoBarn

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seemed like a safety was holding it out, and keeping it from starting. The “hood open” warning seemed to come up even when the hood was secured (intermittently) and there was another message about the auxiliary power popping up as well.
Sponsored