coolewie54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeez... Does ANYONE pay attention?

They’re running an “Outer Banks” Bronco with aftermarket 35s. It doesn’t have the proper gearing for those larger tires. Of course it’s going to be slow.

Had they ran the Bronco with it’s stock tires, it would have easily beaten the Jeep. The 2.3L only makes 30 HP less than the 2.7L.
The engine is not the issue here.
Are you paying attention yourself? The Jeep in the video is a Sahara that comes stock with 3.45 gears and 32 inch tires. The Bronco ironically was better suited for larger tires in this example due to torque and still came up short. The Bronco's engines, while more than adequate, feel like a disappointment due to all the hype boards like this gave.
Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you paying attention yourself? The Jeep in the video is a Sahara that comes stock with 3.45 gears and 32 inch tires. The Bronco ironically was better suited for larger tires in this example due to torque and still came up short. The Bronco's engines, while more than adequate, feel like a disappointment due to all the hype boards like this gave.
You’re just proving my point. Assuming the Jeep hasn’t been regeared, neither vehicle is geared correctly for larger tires. If they’re doing a drag race to compare speed, they should be using stock vehicles with factory tires. If they wanted to use 35s, they should have gotten a Bronco with Sasquatch package. The entire drag test is incredibly flawed otherwise.

Edit: Yup, I was right.

Ford Bronco Bronco 2.3L versus Wrangler 3.6L then faces up against a Ram 257CFD2A-27A2-42CD-A7EA-1F458014C540

Last edited:

coolewie54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You’re just proving my point. Assuming the Jeep hasn’t been regeared, neither vehicle is geared correctly for larger tires. If they’re doing a drag race to compare speed, they should be using stock vehicles with factory tires. If they wanted to use 35s, they should have gotten a Bronco with Sasquatch package. The entire drag test is incredibly flawed otherwise.
Your point would be valid if one vehicle was stock and the other wasn't. That's not the case. The flaw in this comparison actually benefited the Bronco because of torque and you're still complaining about it.

Had they ran the Bronco with it’s stock tires, it would have easily beaten the Jeep.
The 2.3 "barely" beat the Jeep. In this example the Bronco is 2 door, Wrangler 4 door. The crappy Pentastar wins in a fair matchup. Unfiltered hype like this is exactly why there's a lot of disappointment over these engines despite being great.

broncowranglercompared-1-final-1626886710-png.png

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice edit. If you think you're right, you should probably consider reading the image you shared. The 3.6 barely lost to the 2.3 despite being a 4 Door.
You realize the FE 2 door weighs 4,997 pounds right? A 4 door Sahara weighs like 600 pounds less, that’s not insignificant.

Sponsored

coolewie54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You realize the FE 2 door weighs 4,997 pounds right? A 4 door Sahara weighs like 600 pounds less, that’s not insignificant.
Yes, I'm aware. That's on Ford and their design for making the Bronco so heavy. It doesn't change the fact that a 2 door is comparable to a 2 door and vice versa.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice edit. If you think you're right, you should probably consider reading the image you shared. The 3.6 barely lost to the 2.3 despite being a 4 Door.
We get it... You think Jeeps are better. You’re gonna think that, no matter which facts are presented. But unfortunately for you, facts don’t care about your feelings. So yes, I was right.

A 2-Door Black Diamond weighs more than a 4-Door Sahara. So your door argument makes absolutely no sense.

A stock 2.3L Bronco will beat a stock V6 Wrangler every time (given the weight is roughly the same). 🙂

Ford Bronco Bronco 2.3L versus Wrangler 3.6L then faces up against a Ram 7E125129-ABB8-45B7-8947-6F003FB7941A

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I'm aware. That's on Ford and their design for making the Bronco so heavy. It doesn't change the fact that a 2 door is comparable to a 2 door and vice versa.
Okay, I don’t really get what you’re so disappointed in. I drove a 4 door, Sasquatch, 2.3L last night and it was an absolute blast to drive 0-60, off road on road etc. 0-60 in 6 seconds in a 5 thousand pound 4X4 suv is outstanding.

coolewie54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We get it... You think Jeeps are better. You’re gonna think that, no matter which facts are presented. But unfortunately for you, facts don’t care about your feelings. So yes, I was right.

A 2-Door Black Diamond weighs more than a 4-Door Sahara. So your door argument makes absolutely no sense.

A stock 2.3L Bronco will beat a stock V6 Wrangler every time. 🙂
I'm looking to buy a Bronco, not a Jeep. I think objectively and so far you have shown zero objectiveness. The Bronco weighing more is not a positive. A Two Door vehicle compares to a Two Door and Four Door to a Four Door. The Bronco weighing more is a negative and on Ford for designing it that way. It makes absolutely zero sense to compare the power of a Two Door Bronco to a Four Door Wrangler. If you suggest differently, you're not thinking rationally or are blinded by bias.

A 2.3 stock will beat the V6 every time... As long it's got two less doors on it! How hilarious for you to try and suggest I'm the fanboy in this discussion.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this last night...Jeep’s 2.0 is quick:

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It makes absolutely zero sense to compare the power of a Two Door Bronco to a Four Door Wrangler. If you suggest differently, you're not thinking rationally or are blinded by bias.

A 2.3 stock will beat the V6 every time... As long it's got two less doors on it! How hilarious for you to try and suggest I'm the fanboy in this discussion.
This alone shows you haven’t done much research on the Bronco. There’s no point in arguing with you, because you don’t even know the basics.

There’s only a 150lb difference between a 2-Door Bronco, and a 4-Door Bronco of the same trim. Here’s the weights that you obviously haven’t read yet:
Ford Bronco Bronco 2.3L versus Wrangler 3.6L then faces up against a Ram ACCA3D29-FA00-4317-AC96-E3CABB5504C7

So yes, a stock 4-Door Bronco with the 2.3L, will always beat a stock 4-Door wrangler with the V6, as long as they’re around the same weight. And that weight has more to do with trim levels an options, rather than number of doors. Not sure how much clearer it can get than this.

coolewie54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The entire drag test is incredibly flawed otherwise.
You started off by complaining about a flawed test.. Now you're suggesting comparing a Two Door Bronco to a Four Door Wrangler is fair :ROFLMAO:

So yes, a stock 4-Door Bronco with the 2.3L, will always beat a stock 4-Door wrangler with the V6, as long as they’re around the same weight. Not sure how much clearer it can get than this.
That's the key. You talk about facts but ignore the fact the vehicles are not around the same weight. I could beat Usain Bolt as long as his legs are chopped off. What moronic logic you have circling in your head.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That little 2.3L presented itself very well.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking to buy a Bronco, not a Jeep. I think objectively and so far you have shown zero objectiveness. If you suggest differently, you're not thinking rationally or are blinded by bias.
Ford Bronco Bronco 2.3L versus Wrangler 3.6L then faces up against a Ram 757D7207-8932-4A15-BC08-BF47F76A5FA1

This all makes perfect sense now!🤣

You’re a Jeep Troll who joined Bronco6G this morning, just to talk sh*t about the new Bronco. Even when multiple people lay out evidence and prove you wrong, you continue to deny the facts.

Just another Jeeper who’s scared of the new Bronco. @Administrator, you know what to do!

coolewie54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
757D7207-8932-4A15-BC08-BF47F76A5FA1.jpeg

This all makes perfect sense now!🤣

You’re a Jeep Troll who joined Bronco6G this morning, just to talk sh*t about the new Bronco. Even when multiple people lay out evidence and prove you wrong, you continue to deny the facts.

Just another Jeeper who’s scared of the new Bronco. @Administrator, you know what to do!
Someone's awfully defensive for having his bubble shattered. Honestly that's pathetic. You're suggesting I get banned because I rightfully said a 2 door isn't a fair comparison to a 4 door between comparable vehicles?.. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored