Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s really not.
I'm not sure why you say that. I test drove a Rubicon last weekend and that motor is super impressive. I don't care if it's Ford Chevy or Chrysler. That little 2.0 with a turbo will get with it. I find it interesting how much better the 4 performs over the 6 in the Jeep.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not sure why you say that. I test drove a Rubicon last weekend and that motor is super impressive. I don't care if it's Ford Chevy or Chrysler. That little 2.0 with a turbo will get with it. I find it interesting how much better the 4 performs over the 6 in the Jeep.
agree.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know when my wife and I test drove the 2.7 in Sport Mode it threw us against the back of our seats much more than the 2.3 did… a lot funny engine to drive in my opinion.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why's that? Because it's not made by Ford? Lol.. 🙄

200w-2.gif
Because I drive one way more than I want to, and I find it sluggish. Not impressive that it beats the Bronco.

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s really not.
I drive a 4cyl Jeep with 33s and it is faster than the the 2.7 v6 bronco that I have driven (and ordered). But it sounds absolutely awful. Either way it doesn’t really matter. We are buying these for drag racing.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video is fake I’ve been told premium wouldn’t make any difference.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I drive a 4cyl Jeep with 33s and it is faster than the the 2.7 v6 bronco that I have driven (and ordered). But it sounds absolutely awful. Either way it doesn’t really matter. We are buying these for drag racing.
Agree. The Jeep 2.0 is faster than both Broncos. And I would never say the Jeep is fast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The_Axeman

The_Axeman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I mentioned on the YouTube platform - I’m sure that if the two 4 cyl. motors were compared with similar wheel/tire sizes, the result would’ve been different.
I’m also of the opinion that drag racing off road vehicles is a little silly but to each their own. I gave up my Dodge Challenger to get my Bronco. I need it to go where the Challenger obviously couldn’t and to enjoy that open air experience. I couldn’t care less if I don’t win a drag race - I just want to be able to have adequate power to merge, pass, etc.
Just my 2 cents. I’m sure I’ll get change back. Lol

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me know when you get your piece of junk in 3 years.
Are you just on here to troll people, what’s your point? By the way, my Bronco is ready for shipping, 3 weeks is not 3 years, but you already know that.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because I drive one way more than I want to, and I find it sluggish. Not impressive that it beats the Bronco.
I was impressed with the 2.0 Engine itself not the actual speed of the Jeep. These Jeeps and Broncos are giant bricks in the wind and not built for drag racing but for Off-roading. But when you get multiple engines to the test in giant bricks in the wind and one comes out on top and far as acceleration goes that's the one I'm impressed with. Especially with all the talk around Fords Ecoboosts being so powerful on paper with numbers into the 300s.

Take Jeeps 2.0 Turbo and stick it in a small light weight sports car and retune it and I bet it's a quick fun engine. It's also the main staple of their 4Xe their flag ship EV Jeep hybrid. I've always been impressed with turbo 4 cylinders outperforming V6s and old V8s. And when one shines above the rest like in this case it gets my nod.
Sponsored

Last edited: