First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad to hear Ford is at least taking care of those with blown engines, I sure hope mine holds together, going on a 500 mile trip down South tomorrow.

By the way, not to take this thread off track, but if your vehicle has problems I guess the closest dealer will fix it? What if it takes weeks to get parts? I only have 10 days down South and sure would not want to have to drive back down there in a month to pick up a repaired truck. Would they ship it up here to me? Never had to get towed, so no idea how that works. Glad to hear they at least give you a rental.
So this is what I have experienced.....am still experiencing. Sunday will be 5 weeks since mine took a dump. I happened to be out of town, and yes, it was taken to the nearest dealer. They have been waiting on parts. Last week I was told they received all the parts and it would be done this week. Ford rep called me on Tuesday and said it would be finished by end of week. Today she called and said "maybe next week".
I asked about having it shipped to me when it's finished, and I was told that's something I would have to arrange with dealer fixing the Bronco. The dealer has not been cooperative with me since I didn't buy it there, and undoubtedly will not drive 150 miles to their dealership for service in the future.
Plus, the more I thought about it, I kind of want to see the Bronco before I agree to take it back home. If there's scratches, dings, misalignments, scuffs, or stains that weren't there when I dropped it off......they gonna fix those before I agree to take it.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No…. Just started sputtering on the freeway. The dead. Up to this point I’ve only heard of one other person with the same problem. On the bright side, I got a month reimbursed
What do you mean, you got a month reimbursed?

SPK4102

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey to OP, I think I was at same rest stop on I81 when you had your issue. Where you on the right at first parking stop at rest stop? I remember seeing a red bronco being looked at then a tow truck park near it.
Sorry for your misfortune!

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey to OP, I think I was at same rest stop on I81 when you had your issue. Where you on the right at first parking stop at rest stop? I remember seeing a red bronco being looked at then a tow truck park near it.
Sorry for your misfortune!
LOL.....that was me! You should have stopped.....I could have used a ride! :ROFLMAO:

SPK4102

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL.....that was me! You should have stopped.....I could have used a ride! :ROFLMAO:
Haha, I thought about coming and checking it out but didn’t. Probably good cause you might not have been very friendly that day! Which I don’t blame ya!

I was on my way to NJ on business but remember seeing your bronco and thought how bad it sucked for you having a new Bronco and already needing a tow. Hopefully you get it back soon!

Sponsored

yogi_stvl

Base
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you mean, you got a month reimbursed?
Yes, I got one monthly payment reimbursed and a rental car for about a month and half. I had to push for the rental pretty hard and that took about 2 weeks to get. As for the check, the dealership sent me a check and not Ford. Most likely they had to file a warranty claim and were reimbursed. They blew through another 2.7L while trying to fix my rig, so it took a lot longer. I think the fact that I was probably one of the first to have the new Bronco in the greater Sacramento area might have something to do with it. Didn't really seem like they knew what to do at first.

What I've learned is that you just have to push....then push some more..... then finally push some more. They're not going to offer you anything unless you push

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I got one monthly payment reimbursed and a rental car for about a month and half. I had to push for the rental pretty hard and that took about 2 weeks to get. As for the check, the dealership sent me a check and not Ford. Most likely they had to file a warranty claim and were reimbursed. They blew through another 2.7L while trying to fix my rig, so it took a lot longer. I think the fact that I was probably one of the first to have the new Bronco in the greater Sacramento area might have something to do with it. Didn't really seem like they knew what to do at first.

What I've learned is that you just have to push....then push some more..... then finally push some more. They're not going to offer you anything unless you push
Who did you negotiate with to get the rental?

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Haha, I thought about coming and checking it out but didn’t. Probably good cause you might not have been very friendly that day! Which I don’t blame ya!

I was on my way to NJ on business but remember seeing your bronco and thought how bad it sucked for you having a new Bronco and already needing a tow. Hopefully you get it back soon!
Yeah, you're right......was NOT in the best state of mind at that point....probably would have made you one heck of deal to buy it! I got it back a few weeks ago. The dealer had it for 6 1/2 weeks. 400 miles on the replacement engine and no problems. 🤞

yogi_stvl

Base
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who did you negotiate with to get the rental?
I dealt with the service manager. They set up a rental in my name and I just threw down my CC for any damages. You just need to tell them that "it's your only car now and that you'll have to expense taking an uber everywhere" They won't give you a car off the lot anymore because they're in such high demand. I was driving around a 2016 Ford Escape for a month and a half:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are you all good now? Do you have your Bronco back and how does it feel with replacement motor?

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are you all good now? Do you have your Bronco back and how does it feel with replacement motor?
I got it back a few weeks ago. The dealer had it for 6 1/2 weeks. 400 miles on the replacement engine and no problems. 🤞
1 post above yours
Sponsored

Reactions: jon