First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know where your heads at but no brand is immune to this kind of thing.. I had a brand new Jaguar with 23 miles on it towed from my driveway the day I got it. Definitely embarrassing but it happens to all brands.
Ford owned Jag.....

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely sucks, but it happens.

One of my best friends growing up recently bought a new Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. Sent me a bunch of pictures back in September and was making fun of me "Haha you've been waiting for over a year and still don't have a truck!!".

Got a text from him 2 weeks ago, and it was his Colorado being towed out of the woods by a pair of older Tacomas. Said it was the most embarrassing moment he has had in a long time.

Apparently his engine dropped a valve, less than 800 miles. But at least it's under warranty.
The new Chevy's are horrendous. I will not be buying a bow tie any time soon.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know where your heads at but no brand is immune to this kind of thing.. I had a brand new Jaguar with 23 miles on it towed from my driveway the day I got it. Definitely embarrassing but it happens to all brands.
That's not surprising though. sorry, no offense intended but Jag isn't exactly a brand known for reliability

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

One of my best friends growing up recently bought a new Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. Sent me a bunch of pictures back in September and was making fun of me "Haha you've been waiting for over a year and still don't have a truck!!".

Got a text from him 2 weeks ago, and it was his Colorado being towed out of the woods by a pair of older Tacomas. Said it was the most embarrassing moment he has had in a long time.

Apparently his engine dropped a valve, less than 800 miles. But at least it's under warranty.
If I break down in a new rig, on the way to my cabin, at night, in the middle of no where and tell my wife, "at least it's under warranty." She has every reason to slap me.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've lost count...is it 12 stranded with the 2.7; zero with the 2.3???
There is one B6G member with a 2.3 MT that had problems. Originally thought it was a clutch issue but last I saw Ford was replacing the 2.3. I think maybe a problem with a balancer.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He said Jaguar

70D68E71-B7B2-41FC-A7F1-439522F96452.jpeg

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not surprising though. sorry, no offense intended but Jag isn't exactly a brand known for reliability
My mother just ditched her Jag XJ convertible after, by her count (meaning the real number is higher), it had to be flat bedded 7 times.

Jaguar is one of the most poorly designed brands, but a tow after only 23 miles sure takes the cake. But hey, I hear their service centers are very comfortable LOL

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My mother just ditched her Jag XJ convertible after, by her count (meaning the real number is higher), it had to be flat bedded 7 times.

Jaguar is one of the most poorly designed brands, but a tow after only 23 miles sure takes the cake. But hey, I hear their service centers are very comfortable LOL

"I was really tired of the reliability on my Honda Accord. so I bought a 70's-era British roadster."

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Our 2006 Honda Odyssey opened it's powered rear sliding door 3 days after delivery. One our three kids was in the child seat next to it when it opened! He thought it was cool, me and especially the wife, weren't so thrilled! Try to enjoy the trip!

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"I was really tired of the reliability on my Honda Accord. so I bought a 70's-era British roadster."
Haha she bought a BMW whatever-series (I couldn't care less about sports cars) and it's already been in the shop for a month.

I'm coming from my fifth 4x4 Toyota (will always have a Tacoma) and my standard for reliability is set quite high. Having bought an 08 JKU to tide me over while waiting for the Bronco, I'll be satisfied with reliability north of the mid-point between these two extremes.

On the upside, the Jeep has introduced me to all the best mechanics in town!

To OP, very sorry to hear your new ride let you down. Hopefully it's a quick repair. I'd @fomoco here and on Twitter, linking to this post, to apply some pressure. Sounds like you might have an engine that was part of the bad batch mentioned by another member; it'd have been among the very first built, no?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Know a guy who just bought a new Silverado with the 3.0L diesel. Less than one tank of fuel through it and it drops into safety mode due to an overheat. Gets it back to the dealer and one radiator hose clamp is missing, hose worked itself off and lost most of the coolant. A second clamp wasn't tightened.
The electronics shut it down in time to save the motor. Dealer told him they are hearing this a re-occurring issue!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine left me stranded in the middle of the road today for about 10 minutes while coming down Palomar Mountain. It just completely shut down, no lights on the dash, no power anything. Just suddenly dead while driving about 20 mph.

We were coming up on a stop sign so I coasted to it and shifted into park to try to start the engine again. Bad decision. Now I’m in the middle of the road, blocking everyone behind me, and the electronic brake is engaged with no power to disengage it. I think there’s an override but instead I looked under the hood to see if anything obvious was disconnected. The negative terminal looked slightly loose but it was snug. Then right when I closed the hood , all the electronics turned back on. Hopped in the Bronco and it started right up like nothing ever happened. Again, the solution was slamming the hood closed, apparently.

No codes thrown, no other issues the rest of the 100+ miles home. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Negative terminal couldn’t cause this?

UPDATE 11/15: Pretty sure it was just the loose negative terminal. Using a socket wrench at home, it was actually looser than I thought. No codes, just sudden loss of power/electronics at the bottom of the mountain. Reading other forums suggests this is what happens when the negative terminal comes loose on newer cars; it’ll keep running until the RPM drops too low.

Last edited:

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Dirt Mtn Sasquatch had a mostly-dead battery…. Maybe that’s it. I was able to jump it and get it to the dealer… they charged and diagnosed and the battery would only half charge … they replaced it (battery not the Bronco)
Sponsored