Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope the two door 2.7L I ordered that was built on 7/1 and have yet to receive already had an engine failure and is the cause of my delay. Would suck to wait so many months to have a stalled engine within a few thousand miles.
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was on a day trip out of town today and my Bronco let me down. We were on the interstate travelling around 78 mph, and the engine just turned off! The engine light came on and luckily I had could still steer and had brakes. Fortunately....very fortunately, I was less than 1/4 mile from exit ramp to a rest area, and going down a hill. I was able to coast it into the rest area into a parking spot.

I first tried to restart the engine. The engine would crank, but not start. I then got a message that stated something to the affect of "accessories are on". My next step was to disconnect the battery to reboot the computers. As luck would have it, one of the sockets in the included tool kit fits the nut holding the battery cable to the battery. I removed the cable for several minutes then tightened back onto the battery....no luck! My next step was to pull the cover off the fuse box. I checked all the fuses and they were tight.....no luck! I then tried to start the Bronco from the Ford app....no luck!

Stranded at the rest area, I then called Ford Road Side Service. I got someone right away who stated they would get a wrecker service to me and have it towed to the nearest Ford dealer. I then asked if they were going to arrange for a rental car for me. Of course they stated "they don't do that". After that I lost my cool and I'm sure I said some things I shouldn't have! My girlfriend then took the phone from me at that point!

Within a few minutes the wrecker driver called me and assured me he was on the way and would be there within 40 minutes. The driver was super nice and helpful. He was even kind enough to drop off my girlfriend at the rental car business on the way to the Ford dealer. We then proceeded to drop off my Bronco at the closed Ford dealer. Within minutes my girlfriend showed up with the rental car, and we continued our day.

I will be curious to hear what the dealership finds out with the Bronco and will update this post. I am also hoping that I get reimbursed for the rental car and I don't have to driver 1.5 hours back to the dealership to pick up the Bronco....will fight to have it delivered back to my dealership.

roll back 2.jpg
roll back.jpg
That sucks!

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My used Ford Diesel has left me stranded a few times just fine...the whole reason I've waited for a new Bronco is so I am not left stranded. Concerning.........
My first car was a Toyota pickup that died on side of road back in 70's and I had to walk about 10 miles to get help. Anything can break down, when fixing it sometimes its better to go after market depending on the part and history.

Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

these stories make me extremely nervous about taking the bronco anywhere even slightly remote, i.e. anywhere we're supposed to be able to take it

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha she bought a BMW whatever-series (I couldn't care less about sports cars) and it's already been in the shop for a month.

I'm coming from my fifth 4x4 Toyota (will always have a Tacoma) and my standard for reliability is set quite high. Having bought an 08 JKU to tide me over while waiting for the Bronco, I'll be satisfied with reliability north of the mid-point between these two extremes.

On the upside, the Jeep has introduced me to all the best mechanics in town!

To OP, very sorry to hear your new ride let you down. Hopefully it's a quick repair. I'd @fomoco here and on Twitter, linking to this post, to apply some pressure. Sounds like you might have an engine that was part of the bad batch mentioned by another member; it'd have been among the very first built, no?
Had a '74 Toyota pickup. 2 issues. Nobody could ever figure out for longest time why I had to double pump brakes to have stopping power. Eventually found that auto adjust tang on front right was broken and that set of pads (drum all around) kept getting put of adjustment.

Then I had to install annual choke cable to override the automatic choke to get it run decent. Traded for a Olds diesel powered Chevy which even though purchsed used, Chevy replaced the long block when it went south

Sponsored

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it's a minor issue. Definitely keep us posted. I feel your pain, I'm on day 15 of my car just sitting in the shop needing brake booster and vacuum pump, they think they can get it by the 18th of December but not 100% sure.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine left me stranded in the middle of the road today for about 10 minutes while coming down Palomar Mountain. It just completely shut down, no lights on the dash, no power anything. Just suddenly dead while driving about 20 mph.

We were coming up on a stop sign so I coasted to it and shifted into park to try to start the engine again. Bad decision. Now I’m in the middle of the road, blocking everyone behind me, and the electronic brake is engaged with no power to disengage it. I think there’s an override but instead I looked under the hood to see if anything obvious was disconnected. The negative terminal looked slightly loose but it was snug. Then right when I closed the hood , all the electronics turned back on. Hopped in the Bronco and it started right up like nothing ever happened. Again, the solution was slamming the hood closed, apparently.

No codes thrown, no other issues the rest of the 100+ miles home. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Negative terminal couldn’t cause this?
Look at the negative connection under the fuse compartment cover.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on a day trip out of town today and my Bronco let me down. We were on the interstate travelling around 78 mph, and the engine just turned off! The engine light came on and luckily I had could still steer and had brakes. Fortunately....very fortunately, I was less than 1/4 mile from exit ramp to a rest area, and going down a hill. I was able to coast it into the rest area into a parking spot.

I first tried to restart the engine. The engine would crank, but not start. I then got a message that stated something to the affect of "accessories are on". My next step was to disconnect the battery to reboot the computers. As luck would have it, one of the sockets in the included tool kit fits the nut holding the battery cable to the battery. I removed the cable for several minutes then tightened back onto the battery....no luck! My next step was to pull the cover off the fuse box. I checked all the fuses and they were tight.....no luck! I then tried to start the Bronco from the Ford app....no luck!

Stranded at the rest area, I then called Ford Road Side Service. I got someone right away who stated they would get a wrecker service to me and have it towed to the nearest Ford dealer. I then asked if they were going to arrange for a rental car for me. Of course they stated "they don't do that". After that I lost my cool and I'm sure I said some things I shouldn't have! My girlfriend then took the phone from me at that point!

Within a few minutes the wrecker driver called me and assured me he was on the way and would be there within 40 minutes. The driver was super nice and helpful. He was even kind enough to drop off my girlfriend at the rental car business on the way to the Ford dealer. We then proceeded to drop off my Bronco at the closed Ford dealer. Within minutes my girlfriend showed up with the rental car, and we continued our day.

I will be curious to hear what the dealership finds out with the Bronco and will update this post. I am also hoping that I get reimbursed for the rental car and I don't have to driver 1.5 hours back to the dealership to pick up the Bronco....will fight to have it delivered back to my dealership.

roll back 2.jpg
roll back.jpg
That really sucks man.

Please update us when you find out what the problem was.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

roll back 2.jpg
roll back.jpg
Bummer. That sucks. There was a similar story during the Summer on 6g, don't remember the outcome. My 2.7 OBX is near 1500 milea, will keep an eye on it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Ford Motor Company tell us, is there a problem with the 2.7 engines? (maybe he used the wrong wax)

Or are you going to tell the OP that they should quietly DM you behind the scenes? This may not be the experience that Ford wants us to have, but it seems like more and more often that it's the experience that many people are having.

I can't wait to take delivery of my Dirt Mountain Edition 2 door with the 2.7 Grenade Spec motor this week. I anticipate mine will leave me stranded in the first 3000 miles.
Sponsored