Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Damn, yeah please post when you find out what the problem was. I plan on doing a lot of the in the back woods remote driving. This would be a nightmare. Especially in places you cant get cell phone reception. Guess I wont go solo camping until you reply back. !!!
when you have to use your back country Garmin Inreach to go anywhere in the Bronco.
Sponsored

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In simple math, 13,500 2.7L made with 30 reported (as per a post) with a valve problem =0.0022%....

Probability of one of the below:
  • Heart disease: 1 in 6
  • Cancer: 1 in 7
  • All preventable causes of death: 1 in 24
  • Chronic lower respiratory disease: 1 in 27
  • Suicide: 1 in 88
  • Opioid overdose: 1 in 92
  • Falls: 1 in 106
  • Dying in a car accident: 107 to one
  • Bad Bronco 2.7L 450 to one

Life is chances....chances not taken are opportunities lost

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can deliver my 2.7L ASAP, I'm not worried, it has a warranty, the odds are in our favor that the engine WON'T fail.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine left me stranded in the middle of the road today for about 10 minutes while coming down Palomar Mountain. It just completely shut down, no lights on the dash, no power anything. Just suddenly dead while driving about 20 mph.

We were coming up on a stop sign so I coasted to it and shifted into park to try to start the engine again. Bad decision. Now Iā€™m in the middle of the road, blocking everyone behind me, and the electronic brake is engaged with no power to disengage it. I think thereā€™s an override but instead I looked under the hood to see if anything obvious was disconnected. The negative terminal looked slightly loose but it was snug. Then right when I closed the hood , all the electronics turned back on. Hopped in the Bronco and it started right up like nothing ever happened. Again, the solution was slamming the hood closed, apparently.

No codes thrown, no other issues the rest of the 100+ miles home. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Negative terminal couldnā€™t cause this?

UPDATE 11/15: Pretty sure it was just the loose negative terminal. Using a socket wrench at home, it was actually looser than I thought. No codes, just sudden loss of power/electronics at the bottom of the mountain. Reading other forums suggests this is what happens when the negative terminal comes loose on newer cars; itā€™ll keep running until the RPM drops too low.
i had this exact issue with mine. It was Day 8 with the car and at a light I experienced a full power loss. Smack in the middle of a very busy intersection in central Phoenix.

I popped the hood and looked at the battery but everything looked fine. After about 30 minutes the DRLs clicked on. I jumped in and started it then drove to the dealership.

the negative terminal was basically unconnected (not sure how I missed that but I did). The techs apparently missed it during the PDI too.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
i had this exact issue with mine. It was Day 8 with the car and at a light I experienced a full power loss. Smack in the middle of a very busy intersection in central Phoenix.

I popped the hood and looked at the battery but everything looked fine. After about 30 minutes the DRLs clicked on. I jumped in and started it then drove to the dealership.

the negative terminal was basically unconnected (not sure how I missed that but I did). The techs apparently missed it during the PDI too.
Good to know!

Sponsored

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Number one issue communicated is that the tow truck driver broke protocol by transport g the stranded passenger/driver, which last time I was towed was against the rules as modified since a year and a half ago. Feel lucky you did not have to call Uber just to follow the car
Every time I've ever had to be towed, the driver took it as a given that he (never met a woman tow truck driver in that circumstance) would need to transport the driver as well. I'm also acquainted with a tow truck driver on another forum who takes that as a matter of course if he's collecting a breakdown. He's commented on problems if the broken-down car has more occupants than he has truck space for.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My mother just ditched her Jag XJ convertible after, by her count (meaning the real number is higher), it had to be flat bedded 7 times.

Jaguar is one of the most poorly designed brands, but a tow after only 23 miles sure takes the cake. But hey, I hear their service centers are very comfortable LOL
Jaguar may take the cake but aren't ALL BRITISH cars unreliable?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have stated previously, the motor options for the Bronco are the one area that concerns me. I would have rather had the naturally aspirated 3.7 V6 used in the Mustang prior to the Eco boost since four and six cylinders were the only choices. The V6 produced a few more HP,s then the 2.7 does, and there isnā€™t turbos to worry about. I guess it weighed more, but it couldnā€™t be by much. It isnā€™t like these turbo motors create stellar fuel mileage. It really boils down to longevity. As a geezer I keep vehicles for ever. I have my doubts about the life span of these two motors. Hopefully, I am concerned over nothing.
You are. I have had two 2.7s. Way more power than the old B6G and better mileage. No problems with 100k miles between the two. My son has the 2.3 in his Ranger, makes more power than our 2016 Explorer 3.5 and gets better mileage. Anything can break. Sucks for sure, but it happens. My only real problem vehicle was a Tahoe 5.3. Mine seems to have been an odd ball, most are trouble free. Mine ate oil, a transmission and two AC compressors by 90k miles.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone that is concerned that the 2.7 is faulty then just don't buy one. Cancel your reservation so the folks inline can move up a few spots.

:)
For those concerned about those of us who are concerned about the 2.7, cancel your reservation so we can blow our engines sooner.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sucks but it sounds like you have a competent girlfriend that has your back thats always a plus,did you happen to wax it?
Have not had a chance to wax it yet, but did have PPF put on hood and fenders on Friday.....maybe they were adding to much drag for the engine to take! LOL
Thanks for the girlfriend comment.....she does pretty good.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This whole thread is non-news. There is:
-zero actionable information.
-Zero knowledge is shared or able to be learned.
-no "problem/solution

What we have is click-bait content. A headline that fits a narrative, a story with nothing to be learned and no actual point, other than to get get likes and comments.

We should share information we have, especially about possible failures or maintenance issues, but this post has none of that. No knowledge transfer occured in this post or thread.
Not sure what your attitude is about because it certainly has nothing to do with "click bait" as you say. It is to inform others, those that have taken delivery and those who are awaiting delivery, what is going on with the vehicles we have waited on for so long. This is not "fake news", Sir....it is fact. It is me telling my story and informing others. If you don't like it, then move along. But I think most people would appreciate knowing that this could....this DID happen.
Sponsored