Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And this is why the toyota has a strong following, its bulletproof. Kind of like the inline 6 4.0 in my wrangler.

i love my ‘17 f150 loaded & w/ the 3.5 but its been back to the dealership I want to say 4 times in 3yrs for a list of 17-20 issues (mainly electronic gremlins outside of the cam phasers). Whereas my wife's ‘18 GC loaded w/ the 3.6 has been to the dealership 0 times over that same period.
And I’d probably still be driving a Toyota except they just got……… boring. No power increases to the motor. No tech upgrades inside. Of course maybe that’s why they’re bulletproof!
I’m in a Jeep Gladiator now and I love it! It’s fun and has some power (compared to my previous 4Runner) and the removable tops/doors makes it really fun in the summer. The Bronco is a huge win for Ford as it’s even cooler and more fun than the Jeep and now Jeep has competition in this market.
But despite the Ford fanboys defending every single issue that pops up, it’s having some problems that need addressing. The fanboys should want these addressed now because if it turns out to be a major issue on a vehicle of this hype and popularity? It’s going to play horribly for Ford and these new and potentially new customers will flee back to their old brands. I’m betting Ford is getting a lot of new customers to the brand due to the bronco (myself included). If I drive it 2k miles and the engine blows? It’ll be my one and only Ford in my lifetime.
Sponsored

WildernessMan

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the Bronco 2.7 is not the same 2.7 that is in the F150's.
I found this on YouTube a little while ago and he really explains the 2.7 to help us understand the motor. He also has a video on the 2.3 engine as well. I can’t remember which video he made which explained a deeper history of the 2.7, but he did talk about the fact this 2.7 is different than other vehicles Ford has produced as far as it’s designed specifically for a Bronco setup. Each of his videos I find quite informative.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

then why are you here posting on this nonsense thread?
Exactly. There must be a Ford fanboy signal, much like the Batman signal. “Someone is posting a negative issue with Ford! Must step in and call nonsense since it’s not MY bronco!!!!!!!”

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You realize this is the standard engine with the F150? A lot more of them are driving around than Broncos.
You realize that they have a Bronco specific build of the 2.7 right? It has its own unique part number, at least near as I can tell.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A guys car breaks down on the weekend, it is towed to a dealership that is probably closed. That leaves just enough time for the Nervous Nellie's of the forum to spin conspiracy theories about mysterious bad valves and other phantom tales before the shop opens on Monday morning. But sure, let's cause a tweet storm, see how many times we can tag Ford on this thread...that will surely help. 😂

I think some of you enjoy the bad news way too much.
Right, it's a conspiracy theory.... That continues to grow because Ford hasn't figured out how to communicate with the customer.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man I had to check a few of these posts to see how long these people have belonged to B6G... Because the statements they're making suggest they just joined, or apparently haven't read any post.

Yes, there is confirmed issues with 2.7 dropping valves. Ford has not released anything official, but we have had multiple instances on this board alone, and we are such a small fraction of Ford Bronco owners. And no, this engine is not the one that they've been putting in the F-150 for years. It may be close to the one they've been using for the last couple years in the F-150 (2018+?) But this is a new generation of the 2.7.

Correct, we have not been able to confirm if the OPs engine dropped a valve or not. But to claim there's rumored problem with the 2.7 is just ignorant. THERE IS A PROBLEM with the 2.7... it's just that nobody, Ford included, has been able to definitively narrow down the batch.

It is one of the reasons why I'm not upset that my Bronco hasn't been scheduled yet. I want the bad batch sorted out before mine gets built.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh- you drove your bronco 3 hours without issue? Well yippeekaya! I’m glad to hear a brand new vehicle got you to the beach and back as that’s pretty unheard of. Heavy sarcasm intended.
If there are issues they need to be known and addressed by Ford. You Ford fanboys can sneak to the dealership undercover in the dead of night hoping no one knows your precious brand had an issue.
Right, it's a conspiracy theory.... That continues to grow because Ford hasn't figured out how to communicate with the customer.
What issues were communicated in this thread. Zero, zero is the answer.

I am all for sharing information, but this thread is a bitch session for those seeking to confirm their bias.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree.….
so far this thread:
- my Bronco broke down, cause unknown, Roadside Assistance did their thing,

- then five pages of Brand X did or didn’t break down.

Suggest closing this thread until something further is known re OP’s Bronco.
Exactly.

It sucks that he was stranded, that is not fun. Bad shit happens sometimes, which is why there are warranties and insurance programs.

The thread is a pile-on of anecdotes that are pretty meaningless.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You forgot to add that Toyota still uses rear drum brakes on the current Tacomas. I have owned several Toyotas and I will never buy another one. They are just BORING cars .. like you said .. no tech whatsoever.

And I’d probably still be driving a Toyota except they just got……… boring. No power increases to the motor. No tech upgrades inside. Of course maybe that’s why they’re bulletproof!
I’m in a Jeep Gladiator now and I love it! It’s fun and has some power (compared to my previous 4Runner) and the removable tops/doors makes it really fun in the summer. The Bronco is a huge win for Ford as it’s even cooler and more fun than the Jeep and now Jeep has competition in this market.
But despite the Ford fanboys defending every single issue that pops up, it’s having some problems that need addressing. The fanboys should want these addressed now because if it turns out to be a major issue on a vehicle of this hype and popularity? It’s going to play horribly for Ford and these new and potentially new customers will flee back to their old brands. I’m betting Ford is getting a lot of new customers to the brand due to the bronco (myself included). If I drive it 2k miles and the engine blows? It’ll be my one and only Ford in my lifetime.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some people need to stop watching the news, you might need to step away from the forum. There is a strong bias towards the negative, and you shouldn't let that color your opinion.

If so, maybe don't buy the Bronco. I drove mine, day two, 3 hours, to the beach and back. No regrets.
Every time I try to step away they keep pulling me back in. Maybe I'll leave the canoli this time

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly.

It sucks that he was stranded, that is not fun. Bad shit happens sometimes, which is why there are warranties and insurance programs.

The thread is a pile-on of anecdotes that are pretty meaningless.
Well, I don't want to get stranded, but as long as Ford replaces the motor in a reasonable amount of time, then it's all good. It would be helpful to know whether or not I was in a suspect batch, not to bitch or complain, but so I could plan accordingly.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep seeing the whole “we’re a small fraction of bronco owners”, etc and somehow that’s supposed to mean there are probably very few issues in the wild with non forum buyers. And maybe it does! Or maybe there are a lot more 2.7 issues out there we aren’t hearing about since they’re not on the forum. Who knows what percent of released Broncos with 2.7’s are having issues. We’ll find out someday. The owner shared his experience on here. He’s mad as I would be too. You can’t just immediately discredit him because he hasn’t given you the data YOU think you need. I’m sure we’ll find out more

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What issues were communicated in this thread. Zero, zero is the answer.

I am all for sharing information, but this thread is a bitch session for those seeking to confirm their bias.
Number one issue communicated is that the tow truck driver broke protocol by transport g the stranded passenger/driver, which last time I was towed was against the rules as modified since a year and a half ago. Feel lucky you did not have to call Uber just to follow the car

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's not surprising though. sorry, no offense intended but Jag isn't exactly a brand known for reliability
My dad bought new an 89 Jaguar XJ Vanden Plas
and after a year back and forth for service mainly electrical system problems but with only 92 miles on it he sold it. LOL
Sponsored