First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That really sucks. Were there any warning signs we should look out for prior to the engine taking a crap (sounds, shakes, etc)? So far so good with my FE but I only have like 700 miles. Good thing I kept my 2009 Armada with 180k miles (never left me stranded since day one).
Not with it dropping a valve, that's a sudden catastrophic failure from what I have seen, shears from the valve stem... one minute it's working and the next it's separated and running amok in a cylinder (short of disassembling the motor and measuring the stems for lengthening/hardness).
Sponsored

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350, 2010 F150, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it's not a 2.7. curious what the heck is wrong with it.

yogi_stvl

Base
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That really sucks. Were there any warning signs we should look out for prior to the engine taking a crap (sounds, shakes, etc)? So far so good with my FE but I only have like 700 miles. Good thing I kept my 2009 Armada with 180k miles (never left me stranded since day one).
No…. Just started sputtering on the freeway. The dead. Up to this point I’ve only heard of one other person with the same problem. On the bright side, I got a month reimbursed

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jag itself is fine, it's the Lord of Darkness, Lucas that usually does in British marquees
I have a supercharged 5.0 Jaguar XF, a 1970 Triumph TR6 and a 1982 Fiat Spider. I'm ready for anything.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So less than 30 (+/- between here and the other forums) of the how many thousands of Broncos that have been produced this year, have had this issue, and everyone is getting all wound up? I saw a comment in one of the posts a few weeks ago that it was supposedly narrowed down to a bad batch of parts in a group of engines built in April. Shortly after, the member was muted, assuming Ford stepped in and had Doug silence them since there has been no formal verification. (i'd post a screen shot, but I don't want the boot)
Lets say there were 10 thousand built so far, at a 50% take rate, even though the 2.7L is probably higher than that compared to the 2.3L, that's 5,000. Raise the dropped valve number to 50 units, and its still only a 1% issue. Everyone remain calm, there hasn't been an instance yet that i've heard of where Ford didn't fix the issue under warranty.
Go buy a clapped out SFA Fiat :poop: box if you're that up in arms about it. I'm sure the OP will have his engine replaced and back on the road before too long.
Good post was just thinking there are a lot of 2.7 broncos that have no engine issues at all everything is just magnified on a forum

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good post was just thinking there are a lot of 2.7 broncos that have no engine issues at all everything is just magnified on a forum
It's fair to say that this could be nothing, it could be a batch of bad valves affecting less than 100 motors, or it could be something affecting several thousand motors. In my case, I know that my motor is within 181 units of a known failed motor for a bad valve. That certainly doesn't give me much initial confidence.

One thing that we do know is that we cannot count on Ford to be open and transparent on the issue. They continue to get flogged because they pretend that it hasn't happened and that no one came forth saying something; rather than be the adults in the room and discuss the potential issue.

How long did they avoid the MIC top issue? It was too late when they finally attempted to engage in damage control. You might think that they would have learned something from the anger that provoked and still does provoke.

So until Ford can actually speak intelligently about the matter to us, I have to err on the side of caution... Because the last thing I want to have happen is to be 1/2 through Black Bear Pass and throw a valve... do you think "Roadside Assistance" is coming to get you there anytime soon?

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's fair to say that this could be nothing, it could be a batch of bad valves affecting less than 100 motors, or it could be something affecting several thousand motors. In my case, I know that my motor is within 181 units of a known failed motor for a bad valve. That certainly doesn't give me much initial confidence.

One thing that we do know is that we cannot count on Ford to be open and transparent on the issue. They continue to get flogged because they pretend that it hasn't happened and that no one came forth saying something; rather than be the adults in the room and discuss the potential issue.

How long did they avoid the MIC top issue? It was too late when they finally attempted to engage in damage control. You might think that they would have learned something from the anger that provoked and still does provoke.

So until Ford can actually speak intelligently about the matter to us, I have to err on the side of caution... Because the last thing I want to have happen is to be 1/2 through Black Bear Pass and throw a valve... do you think "Roadside Assistance" is coming to get you there anytime soon?
Agree with what you said I think ford not saying shit cause there scared it will hurt sales but they need to tell us what’s going on I see a class action lawsuit in there future.!I know member on hear been blowing up mike Levine’s Twitter about the shitty mic 2.0 top and he hasent awnsered 1 person if anything he blocks you. The truth will come out eventually

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind, only about 18,000 Broncos delivered/sold so far - including 2.3L -
So only about 13,500 2.7L Broncos on the road -
THIS. And we actually have no
Idea how many are affected because lots of buyers are not active on forums. That gets used to minimize the issue to some, but it can actually magnify. I’m hoping the issue is minimal. But no one knows.

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

THIS. And we actually have no
Idea how many are affected because lots of buyers are not active on forums. That gets used to minimize the issue to some, but it can actually magnify. I’m hoping the issue is minimal. But no one knows.

Yeah, this is why I re-posted the Oct 28 msg from Ford Service Technician reporting "about thirty in the last month . . in the Ford Technicians Forum page" -

To determine the overall scope of the problem, this Ford Svc Tech msg is the only evidence I've seen which gives us some idea of the nation-wide frequency of the 2.7L mechanical failures -

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have stated previously, the motor options for the Bronco are the one area that concerns me. I would have rather had the naturally aspirated 3.7 V6 used in the Mustang prior to the Eco boost since four and six cylinders were the only choices. The V6 produced a few more HP,s then the 2.7 does, and there isn’t turbos to worry about. I guess it weighed more, but it couldn’t be by much. It isn’t like these turbo motors create stellar fuel mileage. It really boils down to longevity. As a geezer I keep vehicles for ever. I have my doubts about the life span of these two motors. Hopefully, I am concerned over nothing.