Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see your point to an extent. To me, as long as the OP comes back with updates to the issue as they come in, I’m good with it. I’m hopeful it’s not/won’t be a widespread issue- I have the 2.7 on order myself. I have no interest in the 2.3.
But these reports do make me hesitant to take the bronco on a long family trip, at least for the first 5/8k miles. I’ve never had any hesitation in hopping in any of my past Toyota’s right after purchase and driving long distances. Right now, with just the confirmed dropped valve reports- I’m a little hesitant with the Bronco.

Think about the hundreds of thousands of trips taken in the Bronco...and the vast, vast majority that end without incident. You are statistically more likely to get into an auto accident than have the engine failure.

Live free and enjoy the Bronco my man...you will be fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
VIN? Would like to look at your VHR data.
[/Q
Your post isn't actually about any of the things you THINK it is about, and it certainly doesn't accomplish any of the goals you articulated above.

10 pages in...can you tell us what happened to your car? "What is going on"? Do you have any actual information other than " I was stranded on the side of the road and it was towed"?

I hope actual information is forthcoming that provides knowledge sharing for people here. Until then, this is a popcorn thread.

Healthier-Stovetop-Popcorn-Recipe-CleanFoodCrush-2.jpg
Well Sir, If you go to my very first post, I did post an UPDATE from the information I received from the dealership today. This update was posted prior to me answering or commenting to any other posts. My intent is to inform other Bronco owners, or soon to be owners, of what could possibly to happen to them, and hopefully keep them out of harms way. It certainly isn't to downgrade the Bronco or Ford......I love my Bronco and own/have owned other Fords. My intent certainly isn't to talk anyone out of buying a Bronco....they are awesome vehicles.

Yes, you are right there are 10 pages of comments....I had no control over that! I had no control over what comments other members posted. I certainly have no control if the comments other members make are even remotely related to the subject of the thread.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the entire purpose of any forum was to share information and talk about experiences related to the forum subject. If I am incorrect about that, someone please let me know. I know my original post was lengthy (much like this post), and I apologize for that.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well Sir, If you go to my very first post, I did post an UPDATE from the information I received from the dealership today. This update was posted prior to me answering or commenting to any other posts. My intent is to inform other Bronco owners, or soon to be owners, of what could possibly to happen to them, and hopefully keep them out of harms way. It certainly isn't to downgrade the Bronco or Ford......I love my Bronco and own/have owned other Fords. My intent certainly isn't to talk anyone out of buying a Bronco....they are awesome vehicles.

Yes, you are right there are 10 pages of comments....I had no control over that! I had no control over what comments other members posted. I certainly have no control if the comments other members make are even remotely related to the subject of the thread.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the entire purpose of any forum was to share information and talk about experiences related to the forum subject. If I am incorrect about that, someone please let me know. I know my original post was lengthy (much like this post), and I apologize for that.
I don't want to repeat myself, but I am glad they are taking care of you and have a resolution.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@69 Mach I Do you use regular or premium gas? Have you done an oil change(if so…6qrts or 7 qrts)?

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You did nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@69 Mach I Do you use regular or premium gas? Have you done an oil change(if so…6qrts or 7 qrts)?
I use top tier Regular gas. The Bronco has 2700 miles on it, so the first oil change had not been done. I know that there is some debate about when to make the first oil change. I consulted with the service manager at the dealership on purchase day about changing the factory oil early, and he said it's not necessary with modern day vehicles. I believe the owner's manual also does not mention changing the initial oil early.

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never had an issue either, previously, but during Covid was told they were supposed to sit and wait while passenger transport showed up. However the driver said "hop in but don't tell anyone" .now things are back to a relative normal
Okay, fair point. I haven't needed a tow since well pre-Covid, so forgot that might have changed the procedure.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well Sir, If you go to my very first post, I did post an UPDATE from the information I received from the dealership today.
Well thankfully it's just a bad engine.... I was worrying that you were going to tell us that it was a dropped valve.

Did you happen to get the engine part number and serial number by chance? If not see if you can contact @flip to have him pull that for you. They have replacing blown engines with slightly different part numbers (I might add that in one case it was an older number that listed for $500 less that the motor they pulled).

MB3Z-6007-A or AA has typically be the production part number.
MB3Z-6006-? Appears to potentially be pre-production parts or other earlier revision.
MB3Z-6007-B or C appear to both exist.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never should have bought red!!
I won’t make that mistake twice!!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use top tier Regular gas. The Bronco has 2700 miles on it, so the first oil change had not been done. I know that there is some debate about when to make the first oil change. I consulted with the service manager at the dealership on purchase day about changing the factory oil early, and he said it's not necessary with modern day vehicles. I believe the owner's manual also does not mention changing the initial oil early.
The lack of an oil change didn't cause this.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess my takeaway from this whole thread is that information shared is good, but maybe give Ford a chance to respond to the situation and you before creating a thread that only has the Bronco is broken bit in it. You got some actual information now about what is going to happen to your Bronco and your update seems to be less than 24 hrs after the initial thread creation. I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes things take a bit of time and with nothing to go on, B6G will inevitably turn to wild speculation (not like it won't continue anyways now). 🤷‍♂️

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess my takeaway from this whole thread is that information shared is good, but maybe give Ford a chance to respond to the situation and you before creating a thread that only has the Bronco is broken bit in it. You got some actual information now about what is going to happen to your Bronco and your update seems to be less than 24 hrs after the initial thread creation. I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes things take a bit of time and with nothing to go on, B6G will inevitably turn to wild speculation (not like it won't continue anyways now). 🤷‍♂️
In my decades of experience, that happens on web forums and similar no matter what the topic started out as.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well thankfully it's just a bad engine.... I was worrying that you were going to tell us that it was a dropped valve.

Did you happen to get the engine part number and serial number by chance? If not see if you can contact @flip to have him pull that for you. They have replacing blown engines with slightly different part numbers (I might add that in one case it was an older number that listed for $500 less that the motor they pulled).

MB3Z-6007-A or AA has typically be the production part number.
MB3Z-6006-? Appears to potentially be pre-production parts or other earlier revision.
MB3Z-6007-B or C appear to both exist.
Good one....I appreciate sarcasm.....not everyone gets it.
No, it did not occur to me to climb into my engine compartment to look for a part number or serial number! Can this be determined by the VIN number or window sticker?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, this is why I re-posted the Oct 28 msg from Ford Service Technician reporting "about thirty in the last month . . in the Ford Technicians Forum page" -

To determine the overall scope of the problem, this Ford Svc Tech msg is the only evidence I've seen which gives us some idea of the nation-wide frequency of the 2.7L mechanical failures -
Oh the apologists are not going to like posting info from Mama Ford’s techs that isn’t a cool-aid drinking love fest.
Sponsored