Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, and there was no serial number or VIN that I could research on that one. I looked for it. I have another one that I am looking up too.

0. No Serial Number - FAILED
1. #EF06A21160120068 MB3E 6007 AA FAILED
2. #EF06A21180120249 MB3E 6007 AA NOT DELIVERED
3. #EF06A21161120300 MB3E 6007 AA FAILED
4. #Unknown FAILED
5. # Unknown FAILED

#0 mmcq's No date
#1 Broncoshrimp's 2021 160st day; June 9th.
#2 mpeugeot's 2021, 180th day; June 29.
#3 69 Mach I's 2021 161st day; June 10th.
#4 estone's 2021 209th day; July 28
#5 nicole's Still researching.
Here is the sticker off mine

5CD956EF-E95F-4C4B-B8BF-1910C020DE37.jpeg
Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm confused on these engine numbers. My sequence number is right in the affected range, but my build date is well after these.

EF06A21228120184

slohatch's was built 17 days before mine and his sequence # is 10000 higher

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused on these engine numbers. My sequence number is right in the affected range, but my build date is well after these.

EF06A21228120184

slohatch's was built 17 days before mine and his sequence # is 10000 higher

Exactly the question that I have been trying to answer with no clear resolution. To make it even more odd, the 6006-A engines seem to share the scheme. I have not found 2 engines with different dates but the same sequence number in this family. It is very odd... guess who could, but hasn't answered any questions about this???

@Ford Motor Company and I don't expect them to provide anything other than a trouble ticket number and a hammock!!! "Hang in there".

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh is it different from the f150 2.7 ecoboost? Had no idea my bad.
Yeah there's a video out there where a guy talks about everything you want to know about the 2.7 for the Bronco.

I don't recall, but it's possible that the F-150 has been using this engine since 2018 but Not sure.

I do know that this newest generation of the 2.7 is just that....new. So it hasn't been as proven.

I'm trying to recall some of the key differences, and I thought it was some things like oil passages, a belt driven variable oil pump, possibly some differences in block material, etc.

I don't know who that guy was who did the video, but if he actually is legit, he knew a whole lot of stuff and it was a great video to watch.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah there's a video out there where a guy talks about everything you want to know about the 2.7 for the Bronco.

I don't recall, but it's possible that the F-150 has been using this engine since 2018 but Not sure.

I do know that this newest generation of the 2.7 is just that....new. So it hasn't been as proven.

I'm trying to recall some of the key differences, and I thought it was some things like oil passages, a belt driven variable oil pump, possibly some differences in block material, etc.

I don't know who that guy was who did the video, but if he actually is legit, he knew a whole lot of stuff and it was a great video to watch.
There are enough of the Nano-2.7 EB motors out there that I generally do believe it to be a well designed motor. I think the problem that we have been seeing is fairly narrow in scope, it's more of a question of which units are potentially at risk vs an inherent design flaw or something much more serious that would affect all 2.7 production. I still think that overall the 2.7 is a solid choice and a solid motor, I just wish that Ford would say something, anything remotely useful to us plebes.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is EF06A21175131382 - which I assume is June 24th....right dab in the middle of the failing engines. Awesome.
I'm right next to you built on 23rd. Whew?! Maybe we're ok on the engine if we ever get our trucks.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least the engine 'build date' is understood - no question there -
The remaining six digits ? - who knows -

We hope the blow-ups are confined to a small date-range of 'bad parts' - but no guarantee - could be continuing problem -

The total number of blow-ups looks bad. Ford Svc Tech mentioned 30 in last month. That means the total # of blow-ups or about to blow-ups could easily be more than 150, which is well over 1% of the 2.7 Broncos on the road -

If the problem continues, will Ford be able to diagnose it ? You really wonder. Their record w MIC fiasco is not encouraging, and the engines are more complicated than MIC -

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, none of the motors have been 131XXX sequence numbers yet, so I wouldn't get excited until we see evidence of one of them popping.

The last six digits are the actual serial number of the engine.... Think of it being like your VIN or possibly blend sequence number.

There are two possible interpretations:
Like your VIN number has 0 correlation to your build date., the engine sequence number has 0 correlation with the build date.

Like your blend sequence number is 100% connected to your build date, the sequence number is unique to the build date for the motor.

Maybe the engines are incremental from 000000-999999, or perhaps not. It's possible that 131 and 120 are two different lines in the same factory and that the "sequence numbers go from 000-999" (upto 2000 engines per day).

I think that the later scenario is more likely.

Add to that the different engine model numbers that I have seen (6006-A, 6007-A, 6007-AA) in broncos or installed after an engine failure. The only engine failures that I have seen are 6007-AA engines.

Last edited:

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The total number of blow-ups looks bad. Ford Svc Tech mentioned 30 in last month. That means the total # of blow-ups or about to blow-ups could easily be more than 150, which is well over 1% of the 2.7 Broncos on the road -
Or it could be 3, or 10, or 50. The tech you're referring to may not even be a tech for all we know. It was a Jeep guy on a Jeep forum that claims he's a Ford tech. The "30 or so in the tech forums" might be the same 5 engines being discussed by 6 different techs. It's just not a valid data point to start any real analysis.

Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those saying a warranty engine replacement devalues the Bronco, I'll help.

Anyone want to sell me their blown up 2.7L squatched 4dr MIC below MSRP?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But it's all we have since Ford continues stone-walling -
I understand, but it's just not real info. The only thing we really have is the list mpeugeot has above with the failures posted here. We can try to extrapolate from those failures based on the percentage of the total Bronco population that's on B6G, but that's about it.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Real info ??
If you claim Ford Svc Tech post is fabricated, then why not claim every blow-up post in B6G also fabricated -

The only 'real info' you have is whether your engine in your Bronco blows-up -
Everything else is just hearsay -
I originally posted that exchange here. It came from my for sale ad for my Jeep Gladiator in a Jeep group on fb where I mentioned the Bronco as the reason for selling. The self-proclaimed tech is a die hard Jeep guy. There's a very good chance he's just a salty Jeep troll with zero skin in the game, unlike those posting here.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look, even if he had personally replaced 30 engines, without any serial numbers and build dates, we learn nearly nothing. It is very likely a narrow window of bad engines. I am tracking as if it's going to be dirt mountain, but hoping for the ant hill.
Sponsored