Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those saying a warranty engine replacement devalues the Bronco, I'll help.

Anyone want to sell me their blown up 2.7L squatched 4dr MIC below MSRP?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
If I ever get a bronco and it blows the engine, I’ll sell it to you at MSRP. Technically that’s undervalued in this market.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many here have accused supposed 'Jeep guys' of making phony posts in B6G too . . . many times . . .

So there's really no engine problem . . . it's all made-up . . .

Good, now we can stop wasting time with it -
Yep, I love this site- there’s tons of info about the bronco, user reviews, after market discussions, etc, etc. But there is an element on here that just gets majorly butt hurt if you bring up any issue or concern about the bronco. It’s like Ford is their mom and if you talk about their mom they get all defensive and throw insults. It’s like there needs to be a separate forum or subforum for fanboys only where they can have a circle jerk about Ford and the bronco.
They just don’t get that we are all excited about the bronco but some of us will discuss it both pros and cons. The MIC top issue is the most obvious one- although some of the fanboys have gone quiet in that thread as the issues and number of tops keep piling up.
I don’t get it but I’m not a brand fanboy.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Jesus. I'm not a fan boy, not defending the Bronco. I believe the failures posted here are real. I believe there's an issue with engines that Ford needs to be more forthcoming with info on. 6, 8 however many we have here is statistically significant given the small population. I just hate seeing that 30 number get thrown around without qualifying where it came from.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus. I'm not a fan boy, not defending the Bronco. I believe the failures posted here are real. I believe there's an issue with engines that Ford needs to be more forthcoming with info on. 6, 8 however many we have here is statistically significant given the small population. I just hate seeing that 30 number get thrown around without qualifying where it came from.
I don’t even think about the 30 number. I’m watching what mpheogot is putting together based on experiences on here.

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And I’d probably still be driving a Toyota except they just got……… boring. No power increases to the motor. No tech upgrades inside. Of course maybe that’s why they’re bulletproof!
I’m in a Jeep Gladiator now and I love it! It’s fun and has some power (compared to my previous 4Runner) and the removable tops/doors makes it really fun in the summer. The Bronco is a huge win for Ford as it’s even cooler and more fun than the Jeep and now Jeep has competition in this market.
But despite the Ford fanboys defending every single issue that pops up, it’s having some problems that need addressing. The fanboys should want these addressed now because if it turns out to be a major issue on a vehicle of this hype and popularity? It’s going to play horribly for Ford and these new and potentially new customers will flee back to their old brands. I’m betting Ford is getting a lot of new customers to the brand due to the bronco (myself included). If I drive it 2k miles and the engine blows? It’ll be my one and only Ford in my lifetime.
Amen. I don’t get the fawning fanboys willing to turn a blind eye to major trending issues

Sponsored

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So less than 30 (+/- between here and the other forums) of the how many thousands of Broncos that have been produced this year, have had this issue, and everyone is getting all wound up? I saw a comment in one of the posts a few weeks ago that it was supposedly narrowed down to a bad batch of parts in a group of engines built in April. Shortly after, the member was muted, assuming Ford stepped in and had Doug silence them since there has been no formal verification. (i'd post a screen shot, but I don't want the boot)
Lets say there were 10 thousand built so far, at a 50% take rate, even though the 2.7L is probably higher than that compared to the 2.3L, that's 5,000. Raise the dropped valve number to 50 units, and its still only a 1% issue. Everyone remain calm, there hasn't been an instance yet that i've heard of where Ford didn't fix the issue under warranty.
Go buy a clapped out SFA Fiat :poop: box if you're that up in arms about it. I'm sure the OP will have his engine replaced and back on the road before too long.
You’re Delusional.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re Delusional.
What part of that post hurt your feelings? Or did you just decide to continue your streak of being a condescending hater? Math isn't very difficult, if any of the numbers I used aren't realistic, let's see your proof. This isn't some major issue, its a manufacturing defect in a batch of parts. And there are several posts trying to narrow down the issue.
Glad to see you're being a beneficial part of this forum.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What part of that post hurt your feelings? Or did you just decide to continue your streak of being a condescending hater? Math isn't very difficult, if any of the numbers I used aren't realistic, let's see your proof. This isn't some major issue, its a manufacturing defect in a batch of parts. And there are several posts trying to narrow down the issue.

Please point to the place on the Bronco where

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road Squat

93_SVT_3503 touched you.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, and there was no serial number or VIN that I could research on that one. I looked for it. I have another one that I am looking up too.

0. No Serial Number - FAILED
1. #EF06A21160120068 MB3E 6007 AA FAILED
2. #EF06A21180120249 MB3E 6007 AA NOT DELIVERED
3. #EF06A21161120300 MB3E 6007 AA FAILED
4. #Unknown FAILED
5. # Unknown FAILED

#0 mmcq's No date
#1 Broncoshrimp's 2021 160st day; June 9th.
#2 mpeugeot's 2021, 180th day; June 29.
#3 69 Mach I's 2021 161st day; June 10th.
#4 estone's 2021 209th day; July 28
#5 nicole's Still researching.
Add @Broncitis to the list. I saw him post that his dropped a valve on facebook. Had a june engine build date.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should know this by now.

Not going ape shit over every problem = Ford fanboi:rolleyes:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Except with my Acuras and Toyotas, both companies were very transparent about the issues and extended warranties to add customer confidence. Going back to the 2000s is a different story since the internet and chat groups weren't prevalent, trends were likely harder to uncover among consumers.

I got a factory 150K transmission warranty on an Acura CL and a frame warranty on a Tundra. Doing the right thing is why Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura have perceived reliability. They may or may not be more reliable, but they are considered that way by consumers and JD Power. That's what matters if you want to sell products.

If I can offer any advice to @FordMotorCompany:
Honesty, transparency, and doing the right thing are the ethical foundations of any company that a customer interacts with. Crisis management is best handled by being empathetic and not burying your head in the sand and hoping it blows over. There are countless business case studies on this.

When you only post to thumbs up for what you like and ignore the rest, That is surely an interesting marketing and communication strategy with your customers.
Tylenol comes to mind and a success story along these lines!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couple days ago over in BN, I asked one of their local 'experts' why the different engine Part#'s for F150 vs Bronco - 2.7L Eco (Nano 2nd Gen)

His response :

"I don't know the part number on the F-150 engine, but Ford has been known to use different heads/valves/turbos/manifolds combined with different tuning to achieve different results (Think Mustang 5.0L has 460hp, F-150 has only 400hp, same block, different heads/tuning)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the valves (& other parts) used in F150 engine could be different than Bronco -

In this case, we wouldn't be surprised if the Dropped Valve failures are seen in Bronco, but not F150 -
Well, I have looked up the F-150 part number and they are different, with looking at specific sub-assemblies it would be hard to say for sure what is unique to Bronco.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, if our Bronco is suspect, what, if any, can we do to prevent or rectify the problem before it occurs?
Sponsored