Sponsored

BRONCO 2.7 Stalled and left me Stranded!!!!

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The scanner wouldnt give us a correct code and I had just filled up with 91 octane, Bronco is down right now with a full $120 worth of gas.
What do you mean it wouldn't give a "correct" code? Was it throwing any codes at all? If so, what were they?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What do you mean it wouldn't give a "correct" code? Was it throwing any codes at all? If so, what were they?
It gave us a weird code sequence, we tried looking it up and nothing. Once we took off the check engine light, we ran the scanner again and it gave no codes. Tried turning it back On, nothing.. few tries later and then check engine light came on again. It feels like it was not getting gas. We put it in a flat surface, nothing. I just woke up right now and tried to turn it on, Nothing. Cranks but wont turn. I just unplugged the battery completely and waiting for the “30 mins” and see what it does.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It gave us a weird code sequence, we tried looking it up and nothing. Once we took off the check engine light, we ran the scanner again and it gave no codes. Tried turning it back On, nothing.. few tries later and then check engine light came on again. It feels like it was not getting gas. We put it in a flat surface, nothing. I just woke up right now and tried to turn it on, Nothing. Cranks but wont turn. I just unplugged the battery completely and waiting for the “30 mins” and see what it does.
Try the scanner again and post whatever it is showing.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WOW! That never happens in any other vehicle ever made it only happens in 2.7 V6 Ford Broncos...

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cam sensor failure could cause that. Did you try restarting multiple times? Ford often uses a cam sensor fault start strategy of "guessing" when cylinder 1 is on top dead center. It gets 6 chances, so if you try to start, try it at least 6 times. If a crankshaft sensor dies, the engine will not start.

Other "it just stalled" things to always check.
Fuel pump cut off - There is always a fuel pump sensor that is supposed to trip when you are in an accident. If you experience a large bump that sensor can get tripped and cut power to the fuel pump. There is a button on the sensor/switch to reset it. I am uncertain where it is on the bronco.

Ground Connection - A ground connection could get pulled off the bottom of the vehicle, resulting in the engine shutting down.

Loose Connections - check all connectors under the hood. A new vehicle can always have connector issues when new.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW! That never happens in any other vehicle ever made it only happens in 2.7 V6 Ford Broncos...
Well- this is a bronco forum so…..

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cam sensor failure could cause that. Did you try restarting multiple times? Ford often uses a cam sensor fault start strategy of "guessing" when cylinder 1 is on top dead center. It gets 6 chances, so if you try to start, try it at least 6 times. If a crankshaft sensor dies, the engine will not start.

Other "it just stalled" things to always check.
Fuel pump cut off - There is always a fuel pump sensor that is supposed to trip when you are in an accident. If you experience a large bump that sensor can get tripped and cut power to the fuel pump. There is a button on the sensor/switch to reset it. I am uncertain where it is on the bronco.

Ground Connection - A ground connection could get pulled off the bottom of the vehicle, resulting in the engine shutting down.

Loose Connections - check all connectors under the hood. A new vehicle can always have connector issues when new.
Yeah, I tried cranking it over and over, even when being pulled and Nothing. It does feel like it shut off the fuel. I looked at all the connections, I looked under the truck, everything is in place. I just disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and nothing. Engine light came right back on and got the Service Soon lights on now. I give up, have to wait until Monday and take it to the dealer. Bbooooo!!!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I tried cranking it over and over, even when being pulled and Nothing. It does feel like it shut off the fuel. I looked at all the connections, I looked under the truck, everything is in place. I just disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and nothing. Engine light came right back on and got the Service Soon lights on now. I give up, have to wait until Monday and take it to the dealer. Bbooooo!!!
The fuel shutdown switch/sensor doesn't get reset with power. It's like a circuit breaker with a button you need to push it. In most cars it is in the trunk behind a panel.

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The fuel shutdown switch/sensor doesn't get reset with power. It's like a circuit breaker with a button you need to push it. In most cars it is in the trunk behind a panel.
Any idea where the Bronco might have it at?

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any idea where the Bronco might have it at?
I looked through the owners manual but couldn't find a reference to it. The reference I did find was the AUTOMATIC CRASH SHUTOFF section and seems to indicate they have a new system they are using. Normally, a roadside emergency section talks about where the switch is located. Feels like you may need to have it towed to the dealer.

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked through the owners manual but couldn't find a reference to it. The reference I did find was the AUTOMATIC CRASH SHUTOFF section and seems to indicate they have a new system they are using. Normally, a roadside emergency section talks about where the switch is located. Feels like you may need to have it towed to the dealer.
Yup, I tried looking everywhere and cant find it. I had a Baja trip today until Tuesday, now have to go in wifeys car. I had trails mapped out and everything. Well good thing it happened near home and not somewhere deep in Baja. Just bummed out.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I said It ain’t got no gas in it it I was serious. Same exact issue for another poster a couple months ago…try searching and you should be able to find along with their resolution . I was a faulty fuel pump or fuel pump module, something to that effect, can’t recall the full details.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I was having a few problems, mine is a 21 though, all my problems were fixed with a factory reset. Might be that simple, ford's customer care can help you troubleshoot it
Sponsored