First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a bit concerned about the 2.7 engine issue. This will be our only gas vehicle our other vehicle is a 21 Mustang Mach E. We love the Mustang but the normal 330+ summer milage dropped to 150 in the Minnesota cold. Fingers crossed if the Bronco does die we don't have any road trips planned.
Sponsored

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel pretty confident that the people who live in fear of the 2.7 breaking down also wear a mask in their car when driving alone. It is quite possible they are also wearing a condom too :).
Well, the first time I dropped my 2 door 2.7 into sport mode, I almost needed one.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It'll be my only vehicle when it arrives, but I'm getting a 2.3 manual so no option in the poll for me.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Given the nature of the reported 2.7L failures, the engines will generally fail under warranty so right now I'm not worried about it. It's my only vehicle these days because the used market is so strong that I sold my other vehicles. My concern isn't the engine, it's the windshields. I cracked my first one at 300 miles and it took 2 months to get replaced. They're upright and I get the feeling I'm going to be replacing the at least once every 2 years.
On dealership I was at that had a Bronco offered me below KBB FAIR value by over $1000. I have a 2018 XLT with the majority of the options available and my truck is in excellent condition. I take great care of my things. They told me that KBB is over inflated for pricing. Otherwise Iā€™d have a Wildtrak right now. $7k difference between KBB and what they offered. My understanding is that it sold today for MSRP. Unfortunate, but Iā€™m not going to give thousands away for the opportunity to drive a Bronco. Iā€™d rather go without and keep driving my truck.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco isn't my only vehicle but if it was I wouldn't worry about it being my only vehicle.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is my only vehicle. Badlands 2.7L sasquatch. 8,000 miles so far and running strong. I don't really worry about it. My last vehicle was a 2018 mustang GT. That was the first year of the gen 3 coyote and everyone on forums were freaking out about the engine tick mess. It was similar to the 2.7 issues where a hand full of people actually had some kind of catastrophic failure. My car had around 40k miles when I sold it and never had a single issue.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First oil Change Today at 3100 milesšŸ˜Ž

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you have concerns about needing a reliable vehicle and are going as far as debating if the 2.7 is reliable enough, go buy a corolla or civic. but beware, the theft rate on them is high.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's my daily and I have zero concerns. We also have my fiancƩe's vehicle, but we need two vehicles so that's moot.
Sponsored