Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gap between Honda and Toyota is the craziest thing there, IMO. Double failure rate from #1 to #2?

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The gap between Honda and Toyota is the craziest thing there, IMO. Double failure rate from #1 to #2?
I always figured Toyota was the standard bearer….Now I’m thinking Honda should design and build a badass off roader 🤣

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They've sold 10s of thousands of the things and we have like 33 documented failures on the 2.7... do people actually worry about this?
Go visit the failed engine thread. It's 6 people who've actually had their 2.7 grenade and 106 people giving all of their headspace to worrying about it.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always figured Toyota was the standard bearer….Now I’m thinking Honda should design and build a badass off roader 🤣
I rode Honda dirt bikes growing up and am amazed they have such a powersports brand with such little to show for full size vehicles.

The Ridgeline redesign was a huge step back IMO and the Passport is lipstick on a crossover. I'd love to see them put their expertise to use on a truck that excites people.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2.7k Is my only vehicle and my daily ride. My wife does have a car but being we both work so it’s not like I can use it at a moments notice. Am I concerned yup! But only because my engine date code is within 10 days of the engines that are failing. But in every case ford has repaired the vehicle. Will it suck yup. My worry is what about after the warranty do I pony up for extended coverage before its too late? Or will ford offer some kind of extended coverage for those of us in the date range that has been failing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They've sold 10s of thousands of the things and we have like 33 documented failures on the 2.7... do people actually worry about this?
The number was updated to 37 today. Would be cool to know how many in the forum have their 2.7 in order to figure out projected failure rates.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here is a question for everyone......Is the Bronco your only vehicle? With the report of failures and issues, does anyone NOT trust the Bronco as an only vehicle? I'm thinking of trading in my current vehicle which is low mileage and only a few years old, but hesitant because of fear of getting left on the side of the road with a six year old because of reliability issues.
My only concerns are with the MPG and the noise for longer drives. I have a JK wrangler on 35's and wear earplugs or ipods when driving more than 20-30 min to avoid ear ringing. Of course, it's not going to be Mercedes S class quiet, but it is still something I'm not going to like.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bottom 10 manufacturers – least reliable engines
ManufacturerFailure Rate
1MG Rover1 in 13
2Audi1 in 27
3MINI1 in 40
4Saab1 in 40
5Vauxhall1 in 41
6Peugeot1 in 44
7BMW1 in 45
8Renault1 in 46
9Volkswagen1 in 52
10Mitsubishi1 in 59
Needs more information. What years, what engines to start. One manufacturer can have boith a crap engine as well as a reliable one.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the reported number of failures reported on this site were 50 times greater, I still wouldn't be concerned. Remember, we are ONLY talking Broncos. This engine I believe is the second generation of the 2.7 and has been going into Ford's bread and butter - the F150 - for 7 years or so. There are a lot more things to lose sleep on than a couple dozen 'reported' issues. I would guess this is related to a supplier issue more than anything else and I am sure they have done their best to eliminate those parts the best they can.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could not vote. I could not have the Bronco as my only vehicle. My work commute is too long and too many miles. The fuel consumption is too much. The Bronco would have to be a weekend or fun vehicle with limited use.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the reported number of failures reported on this site were 50 times greater, I still wouldn't be concerned. Remember, we are ONLY talking Broncos. This engine I believe is the second generation of the 2.7 and has been going into Ford's bread and butter - the F150 - for 7 years or so. There are a lot more things to lose sleep on than a couple dozen 'reported' issues. I would guess this is related to a supplier issue more than anything else and I am sure they have done their best to eliminate those parts the best they can.
Sorry, but you are incorrect, based on my understanding. This 2.7 is only in the Bronco. Not the same 2.7 that is in the F-150. If it were then people like myself would have no worries.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could not vote. I could not have the Bronco as my only vehicle. My work commute is too long and too many miles. The fuel consumption is too much. The Bronco would have to be a weekend or fun vehicle with limited use.
I wonder why you couldn’t vote. I didn’t change anything on the thread.

weshamm

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado Crew Cab Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had any, even remote, concerns about a vehicle I’m going to spend $50-$60k on there is no way I would consider purchasing it. Only vehicle or 10th vehicle doesn’t matter to me. I’m not buying one if I don’t have confidence in it.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs