MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could not vote. I could not have the Bronco as my only vehicle. My work commute is too long and too many miles. The fuel consumption is too much. The Bronco would have to be a weekend or fun vehicle with limited use.
I'm guessing 90% of the poll voters, should not have voted.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bottom 10 manufacturers – least reliable engines
ManufacturerFailure Rate
1MG Rover1 in 13
2Audi1 in 27
3MINI1 in 40
4Saab1 in 40
5Vauxhall1 in 41
6Peugeot1 in 44
7BMW1 in 45
8Renault1 in 46
9Volkswagen1 in 52
10Mitsubishi1 in 59
Yeah, if I can put 256k miles and counting fast on a VW with only wear and tear shop visits and DIY general maintenance, I feel pretty confident in a Ford proudct.

Where I do have concerns is the new age of gas prices. With OPEC not being able to keep up with current demand, high gasoline prices are here to stay for a while, long road trips will become quite pricy at $5/gallon at 17 mpg... $3-$4/gallon is fine, but higher than that will cut into my financial freedom of movement (at least at my current income level). Thank my lucky stars I live in the land of cheap gas in the us (TX).

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top 10 manufacturers – most reliable engines
ManufacturerFailure Rate
1Honda1 in 344
2Toyota1 in 171
3Mercedes-Benz1 in 119
4Volvo1 in 111
5Jaguar1 in 103
6Lexus1 in 101
7Fiat1 in 85
8Ford1 in 80
9Nissan1 in 76
10Land Rover1 in 72
I bought my Honda fit 12 years ago after graduating college. I babied it for the first 5-7 years but have just abused it for the last 5 or so. It has 138k miles and the only engine issues I've had is a clicking sound and I had to replace a coil pack. Other than that it's never given me any issues

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, my wife’s vehicle was in an accident a couple of months ago and I’m still waiting on parts. So, the 2.7 bronco is all we have. I’m nervous everyday. I’d feel better if I wasn’t directly in the middle of the failure dates.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Traded in our car for the Bronco, it's our only car and I have no issues. We only put on about 7-9k miles a year.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think a Bronco would be a terrible “only”...but not because of the 2.7...big, tall, noisy, heavy... = poor handling, poor stopping, terrible gas mileage, uncomfortable...but if those things are ok with ya (I daily drove a cj2, cj7, and many trucks) Ford has no worse reliability than most other manufacturer...

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco won't be my only vehicle, but will likely be my most practical one.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a very short commute, if I’m not riding my bike to work, so I have no concerns on gas mileage. Road trips with my Bronco are going to cost more in gas than I’m used to though.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's my only vehicle

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a helicopter pilot, so by nature I live with the idea that something mechanical is going to fail on me and leave me stranded. The question is….Is the probability higher than what I have right now. F150 with 5.0L, no issues, still under 50k miles on it.

I do not live in fear, but live in probabilities of risk…..Is the juice worth the squeeze. If the probability of having a catastrophic failure of the 2.7 is higher than my 5.0 and the ability to get it fixed afterwards is an issue with long delays, then I wait for my base model and keep my truck. If it is less likely to have issues, then I trade my truck for a higher trim that is available.

The hesitation comes from reliability issues such as engines failing, electrical gremlins, etc….Of course you never hear the good on these forums, only the bad….So it is hard to wade thru these waters sometimes….
Given the nature of the reported 2.7L failures, the engines will generally fail under warranty so right now I'm not worried about it. It's my only vehicle these days because the used market is so strong that I sold my other vehicles. My concern isn't the engine, it's the windshields. I cracked my first one at 300 miles and it took 2 months to get replaced. They're upright and I get the feeling I'm going to be replacing the at least once every 2 years.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a Bronco would be a terrible “only”...but not because of the 2.7...big, tall, noisy, heavy... = poor handling, poor stopping, terrible gas mileage, uncomfortable...but if those things are ok with ya (I daily drove a cj2, cj7, and many trucks) Ford has no worse reliability than most other manufacturer...
Not sure what you're talking about. The handling is good on my bronco, it's not noisy at all, the stopping is good and the comfort is fantastic. The only issue is the terrible gas mileage (17mpg at 4,300 miles).
Sponsored