srack

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was driving my bronco and all of a sudden the gas pedal had no power, and an alert came up on the screen to restart the vehicle. I was luckily able to pull over safely and get it on the side of the road. As I turned off the car and tried restarting it, all it did was crank but not start. It's been in the shop for a few days now and I was notified by the dealer that I have to wait a few more days for them to look more in depth of what the problem is. I will update this thread when I get a response as to what happened.
Sponsored

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was driving my bronco and all of a sudden the gas pedal had no power, and an alert came up on the screen to restart the vehicle. I was luckily able to pull over safely and get it on the side of the road. As I turned off the car and tried restarting it, all it did was crank but not start. It's been in the shop for a few days now and I was notified by the dealer that I have to wait a few more days for them to look more in depth of what the problem is. I will update this thread when I get a response as to what happened.
What’s your build date?

Ford Bronco Bronco 2.7L Broke Down 1637463541482

Last edited:

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this happening more with the 2.7’s?? It seems like it from the posts

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🍿

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Once you hear back from the dealer, if it turns out to be something wrong with the actual engine, let @mpeugeot know So he can add it to his investigative research.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why does it seem all the issues with the 2.7 are from July builds which is disconcerting since I have a late July build. 3.5k miles in and just counting the days till I'm left at the side of the road

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why does it seem all the issues with the 2.7 are from July builds which is disconcerting since I have a late July build. 3.5k miles in and just counting the days till I'm left at the side of the road
There was one from the 9/6 build week as well.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 10/19 build and the engine date is 21214. Is this in the range to worry about?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I'll take flack for this but I am seriously considering just keeping my Mustang. Don't get me wrong I want a Bronco very badly but needing to have zip ties to pick it up, and it possibly shitting the bed after delivery, among other things are making me nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

I just know I'll kick myself when I'm down if I trade in a perfectly good car, for something that craps out on me before it's been driven for a month. Or at the very least has a bunch of little issues that bug the shit out of me.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I'll take flack for this but I am seriously considering just keeping my Mustang. Don't get me wrong I want a Bronco very badly but needing to have zip ties to pick it up, and it possibly shitting the bed after delivery, among other things are making me nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

I just know I'll kick myself when I'm down if I trade in a perfectly good car, for something that craps out on me before it's been driven for a month. Or at the very least has a bunch of little issues that bug the shit out of me.
Imagine being the guy that pays $50k over sticker to get a 2.7L that drops a valve and a leaky MIC top :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored