Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

waste of money, made my own with a spare funnel and some clear line. With a Fumoto valve you can regulate the oil flow.
I use this on multiple vehicles so definitely not a waste.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was doing 2.7 BadLands Sasquatch and the second I mentioned squatch and 2.7 the dealer said my order would be "probably be built sometime in summer 2022". There was no hesitation on his behalf at all even when I pressed as to how he would know that until all orders were in and ford made that notification. He was absolute in his response. That was part of the reason I decided to cancel and just wait to see how this may work out in future years.
What's your Reservation date? That makes a difference. I definitely think Sasquatch and 2.7 will cause a delay but I doubt it will be that long. If so I would wait as well. I'm a July 29th Reservation.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

-Tiny turbos for quick response, but likely no top end.
They're sized right, 2.7 was never lacking top end in my two F150s equipped with them (one 6spd the other 10spd). The 2.3 in my Ranger OTOH lacks top end, you're best to short shift at around 5000-5500. The 10 spd makes up for a lot with the 2.3L

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They're sized right, 2.7 was never lacking top end in my two F150s equipped with them (one 6spd the other 10spd). The 2.3 in my Ranger OTOH lacks top end, you're best to short shift at around 5000-5500. The 10 spd makes up for a lot with the 2.3L
Looks decent enough stock, but start making more power and power falls off after 5500 RPM. Notice how there's almost no gain around 6000 RPM. Sure as hell is a torque monster, though.

Ford Bronco Bronco 2.7L Engine Pictures From Moab 1617625243716

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is that black plastic device attached to the turbocharger? Is that an electronic boost control?

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of strange it has aluminum heads, cast iron "block" for pistons, and aluminum lower block for crankshaft.

Jette

Black Diamond
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a very interesting motor. The block is two-piece, where the cylinders are iron and the bottom block is aluminum. Also, a top side filter access, european style. There is a lot packed and stacked on that engine plus the oil coolers. I can't wait to see the potential with upgraded turbos, but even a task as simple as removing the valve covers may not be easy.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Four Flusher

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How has the 2.7 been for reliability? If you plan to off road your New Bronco, that's the number on consideration.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-Some fear/apprehension of turbos and turbo engine maintenance here. That's fine, just take it to your dealer. My turbos have been no less reliable or difficult to work on that the easy maintenance Toyota engines of the 80-90's.

-No worries about a composite oil pan. I'll have plenty of armor down there to protect it.

-Love the top mounted oil filter design. I may just pump my oil out during changes through the dip stick.

-The 2.7L was specifically designed for turbo usage and I thought I read where the 2.3L was not. Typically that means that beefing up turbos, intercoolers, computer mapping will help the 2.7L more than the 2.3L... at least that was the case on the 90's MR2 engines (3sGTE vs 5sFE). Not 100% about the 2.3L info. Adding turbos tot he 5sFE was not nearly as productive.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

-The 2.7L was specifically designed for turbo usage and I thought I read where the 2.3L was not. Typically that means that beefing up turbos, intercoolers, computer mapping will help the 2.7L more than the 2.3L... at least that was the case on the 90's MR2 engines (3sGTE vs 5sFE). Not 100% about the 2.3L info. Adding turbos tot he 5sFE was not nearly as productive.
The 2.3 can trace it roots back to Mazda. The cylinder block is the same block as the Mazda L3-VDT that was designed for turbo'd applications. The head, turbo, and VVT is a Ford design though.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I long for the days I could rebuild the top end in my garage in a weekend, I will be lucky to change the oil on this bitch!
I did rod bearings on my '66 Bronco 6 cyl, in an afternoon. Actually did it twice as I put standard bearings on a machined crank the first time (oops, funny noises). Even faster on second go.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are tuners deleting EGR and their coolers on 2.7s and reprogramming the spark and fuel to compensate for the lack of inert gas under low load?
Sponsored