First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry, dude. Hopefully they'll get it worked out quickly.

I have owned two inaugural Ford products, a '97 Expedition and an '05 Mustang GT, and never had these kinds of errors. However, they weren't rolling super computers like today's autos! ;)

I did have a woman who worked for me with a 2000-something Mercury Mariner. Car just died. Wouldn't start, accessories wouldn't come on. Nothing. Turns out the the "smart" junction box croaked. And guess what... the manufacturer of the SJB went out of business. Ford had nothing to replace it with. I don't recall if the car was still under warranty, but suffice to say that she wasn't happy to have to junk a car with ~30K miles on it. She now drives Hondas. 🤦‍♂️

I tell this story to reinforce that this is a new vehicle that's gonna have bugs, and that we will certainly have parts available for it... sooner or later... unlike my former employee!

Last edited:

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dude, sorry to hear this. Hope my 3 hour drive home from the dealer is uneventful!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a first year model that was built on a Monday. All kidding aside hope they get yah back and running. Don’t want the kids having to ride around in that Escape.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Matthew

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well our last new car was a 2015 Expedition EL XLT 4x4. The first year they put the 3.5 ecoboost in it, and we have had no problems with it at all, but that was just a new engine in an old bodied Expy. Regardless, I know one way or another it will get worked out, just bummed to have to give the Bronco back even for a day!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, this sucks. These are the little things that I didn't want to deal with, so "99'ing my order" was a perfect scenario for me. Good luck to you, hope this is the end of your trips to Ford Service, well... at least until routine maintenance is needed.

OP
OP
Matthew

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a first year model that was built on a Monday. All kidding aside hope they get yah back and running. Don’t want the kids having to ride around in that Escape.
My personal opinion is that no one should have to ride around in an Escape.

Kidding aside, I don't know what year it is, not brand new, but it just isn't comfortable to me. I am 6'1 and 240lbs and just wish it had more room.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My personal opinion is that no one should have to ride around in an Escape.

Kidding aside, I don't know what year it is, not brand new, but it just isn't comfortable to me. I am 6'1 and 240lbs and just wish it had more room.
Wife used to lease those on the regular. Used to not mind them with the boxy frame but they got ugly and useless over the last generation.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was going to drive my Bronco back from Horsham, Pennsylvania to south Mississippi. Not so sure about that now !

Sponsored

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I had my Bronco for a week, now Ford has it back and I should get it back next week.

So Tuesday 7/27 on my 35 mile drive home the check engine light comes on. I am nearly home but the low fuel light is also on, so I stop and add 20 gallons of 91. Start it back up and drive the 15 minutes home. I pulled the codes get this:

P2096 : Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean bank1
P2098 : Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean bank2

I called my dealer, they tell me everyone that can look at it is gone for the day and to be there when they open the next day. I am there when they unlock the doors at 7am and they take it right back to the service bay and after about 90 minutes they tell me the computer got a bad value, but that all of their tests are coming back clean, so they clear the code, and tell me they are keeping the ticket open and that I should just drive it and bring it back if it comes back on. So I get in and drive off the lot, and the airbag warning light comes on.

I turn around, and pull right back into the service bay, and when I told the tech the light was on he laughed and said that he already had the part, because it was on when my Bronco was delivered so he ordered the part ford suggested, but the light went off before I got it so they didn't say anything. He said he would replace the part, but the service manually instructed him to remove both front seats and the center console. So they gave me a loaner Escape for the day. Then I call them about 4pm and they tell me that the part didn't fix it, and that they had called in the regional ford engineer and he wanted them to replace the harness going to the part they just replaced, which they don't have, and which they said they might get today, more than likely will be tomorrow, so most likely I won't get my Bronco back until Monday.

But hey at least I have an Escape. My children were not impressed when I left the house in a Cyber Orange Bronco, and returned in an Escape. Also, they noted that I had the top and doors off the bronco, and requested I not remove the top or doors from the Escape.

Hopefully everyone else is having better luck with their Bronco!
Your candidness and light heartedness about your entirordeal is refreshing. Your so much more a positive person than I am. And I admire that 😂

This is a good read and very informative! I hope you get things resolved and if all else fails you’ll get a new bronco …eventually…..again.

Just glad those codes and lights were easily seen/replicated by the dealer AND early on. Curious to what they eventually do. My friend has a complete ECU failure in his low mileage 2018 Subaru ascent which caused him to be in a loaner for over a month. In the end it was all covered while they got the part….and he received a gracious check from Subaru and and an extension on his pre existing warranty for his woes. (After he wrote a letter to Subaru North America)

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had exact same issue in a new 2021 Explorer we sold here at the dealership. One of the wires going into the connector was loose. The wires and connectors are so small we couldn't just fix that one pin and replaced the harness. My tech's ( taken with giant grain of salt lol ) say they keep making the connectors smaller and smaller and tough to re-pin so they have to replace the section.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, sorry to hear, but hopefully it comes back better and with no more issues.

As a general note to the negatives in the thread, but all the talk about electronics being bad and unreliable, etc is just tiring to hear. old cars weren't that great when it came to reliability either.

sorry, but it's 9:30am and i've had to deal with a lot of negativity today and i'm tired of it.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it me, or are the majority of these major issues all on the 2.7L? It may simply be %'s being it is the more common engine selection?
Sponsored