ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly, this is just the beginning of these type of threads. The Bronco is a laptop with wheels. I don't recall hearing of any problems with the Bronco's that did any of the testing. Like KOH and all the other off road tests. I don't remember my '70 Bronco ever having a CEL and I beat the crap out of it.
if i am not mistaken the CEL is a part of the OBD2 system... the old engine light would only come on for overheating or loss of oil pressure... there weren't oxygen sensors or MAF or MAP sensors. these tell you if you have a problem with your engine the old engine light meant you need a new engine.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know the part, but from the looks of what the tech was doing it lived under the center console storage area.
Sounds like the RCM then.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a first year build so random new problems are to be expected and wondering what that percent is when comparing in hand customer Broncos with the few we are seeing here with issues. Anyone have any information related to that?
It’s much lower than you’d think being a forum member. Not many people are inclined to post “well another day with no problems on my ride.” We only hear the nightmares on here which might make you think there’s more going on than there actually is. For sure these reports are obviously legitimate issues, but more often than not they’re the exception, not the rule.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford service advisor here. Regarding the lean codes, sounds like you may have run it low on fuel. Owners manual directs to fill at a quarter tank, if your light comes on you’re lower than you want to be. Just my .02
Post catalyst lean codes mean the o2 sensors picked up more oxygen in the system than what would be expected to see after a complete ignition event. A large majority of the times, lean codes for both banks is more indicative of a vacuum leak.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly, this is just the beginning of these type of threads. The Bronco is a laptop with wheels. I don't recall hearing of any problems with the Bronco's that did any of the testing. Like KOH and all the other off road tests. I don't remember my '70 Bronco ever having a CEL and I beat the crap out of it.
That would be because your 70 had a carburetor and no electronics or federal emissions equipment.

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s much lower than you’d think being a forum member.
Of course you'll have the alarmist who are overly worried because everyone jumps on to post their issues (rightfully so) while not everyone continues to post about how good everything is going. I would like to know if there are actual numbers out there on how many Broncos are in customers hands at this point and then figure 3-5 serious issues we know about to calculate some sort of percent of these failures.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Post catalyst lean codes mean the o2 sensors picked up more oxygen in the system than what would be expected to see after a complete ignition event. A large majority of the times, lean codes for both banks is more indicative of a vacuum leak.
unlikely that you’d have a vacuum leak on the 2.7, not much many vacuum lines on these guys as most functions that would have been vacuum operated in the past are electrically actuated. Vacuum leaks on the 2.7 would be like a warped or cracked intake
 unlikely for the mileage. A momentary loss of fuel pressure can cause lean codes also.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I checked through the manual here and maybe I missed it but where dies it say to fill at a quarter tank? I saw this but doesn't think it relates to what you are saying: Note: If your vehicle runs out of fuel add a minimum of 1.3 gal (5 L) of fuel to restart the engine
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/uploads/2021-Ford-Bronco-Owners-Manual.pdf
I haven’t read the bronco manual, but I e seen the quarter tank refill instruction in multiple other Ford vehicles. I also recently had a 20 explorer that would crank no start if parked nose down on a slope with a quarter tank of fuel or less. Coast it onto the flat and it starts fine.

Deleted member 5064

At this point the whole 2021 model year Bronco should have been one color, lemon yellow.
Can’t wait for my dealer to call and tell me I’m bumped to ‘22 and ask “Would you like to your color the same (Oxford White) spec or change yours to this years special edition color Sh*tshow Brown ?”

Sponsored

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sadly, this is just the beginning of these type of threads. The Bronco is a laptop with wheels.
My laptop runs pretty much all day. If my Bronco is half as reliable as my laptop, the thing will be unstoppable.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I fell ya Vince. Ours will be picked up in Iowa, and the plans are to head further west before returning in North Carolina. But what the heck, what is life without a little adventure. :)
Had the very same thoughts on my trip from Iowa back to South Carolina.! đŸ€”

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t read the bronco manual, but I e seen the quarter tank refill instruction in multiple other Ford vehicles. I also recently had a 20 explorer that would crank no start if parked nose down on a slope with a quarter tank of fuel or less. Coast it onto the flat and it starts fine.
Well I've provided the link so probably best to read through the manual and see if it says anything related to your previous post. Not sure its a great idea to say "I'm a service advisor", quote the Bronco manual and throw out false information.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My laptop runs pretty much all day. If my Bronco is half as reliable as my laptop, the thing will be unstoppable.
Some people on this forum equate new technology and more of it to just being bad. I've never heard anything more "boomer". :ROFLMAO:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, thereabouts. As a 2door future owner I realllly wish it had the bigger tank. Guess I’ll start figuring out a way to carry additional fuel.

you can run it further down if you want, it’s your vehicle, but it’s not good for the long term health of the vehicle and if you’re on a steep slope especially nose down you may pull the pickup out of the fuel and stall.
That’s ridiculous. If the damn pick up is so poorly designed that you reduce the usable fuel capacity by 25% then they need to re-engineer the design.
Sponsored