Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had my Bronco for a week, now Ford has it back and I should get it back next week.

So Tuesday 7/27 on my 35 mile drive home the check engine light comes on. I am nearly home but the low fuel light is also on, so I stop and add 20 gallons of 91. Start it back up and drive the 15 minutes home. I pulled the codes get this:

P2096 : Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean bank1
P2098 : Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean bank2

I called my dealer, they tell me everyone that can look at it is gone for the day and to be there when they open the next day. I am there when they unlock the doors at 7am and they take it right back to the service bay and after about 90 minutes they tell me the computer got a bad value, but that all of their tests are coming back clean, so they clear the code, and tell me they are keeping the ticket open and that I should just drive it and bring it back if it comes back on. So I get in and drive off the lot, and the airbag warning light comes on.

I turn around, and pull right back into the service bay, and when I told the tech the light was on he laughed and said that he already had the part, because it was on when my Bronco was delivered so he ordered the part ford suggested, but the light went off before I got it so they didn't say anything. He said he would replace the part, but the service manually instructed him to remove both front seats and the center console. So they gave me a loaner Escape for the day. Then I call them about 4pm and they tell me that the part didn't fix it, and that they had called in the regional ford engineer and he wanted them to replace the harness going to the part they just replaced, which they don't have, and which they said they might get today, more than likely will be tomorrow, so most likely I won't get my Bronco back until Monday.

But hey at least I have an Escape. My children were not impressed when I left the house in a Cyber Orange Bronco, and returned in an Escape. Also, they noted that I had the top and doors off the bronco, and requested I not remove the top or doors from the Escape.

Hopefully everyone else is having better luck with their Bronco!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Matthew

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What part for the air bag system? Pretensioner? RCM? Please keep this updated.
I don't know the part, but from the looks of what the tech was doing it lived under the center console storage area.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh. Sorry to hear this dude. I hope I have your patience and positive attitude if/when it happens to mine. But then again I still haven’t gotten a build date so I guess I don’t have to worry about that. Good luck!!! Now go beat the hell out of that Escape and get your frustration out! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
when I told the tech the light was on he laughed and said that he already had the part, because it was on when my Bronco was delivered
This famous Ford QC we keep hearing about.....is that just the aerial photos of the MAP parking lot we see posted - or is the inspection more detailed than that?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least they gave you a Bronco Sport as a loaner...

Sorry to hear about the issue though. Very frustrating!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At this point the whole 2021 model year Bronco should have been one color, lemon yellow.

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

CZYHORSVA

Black Diamond
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I had my Bronco for a week, now Ford has it back and I should get it back next week.

So Tuesday 7/27 on my 35 mile drive home the check engine light comes on. I am nearly home but the low fuel light is also on, so I stop and add 20 gallons of 91. Start it back up and drive the 15 minutes home. I pulled the codes get this:

P2096 : Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean bank1
P2098 : Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean bank2

I called my dealer, they tell me everyone that can look at it is gone for the day and to be there when they open the next day. I am there when they unlock the doors at 7am and they take it right back to the service bay and after about 90 minutes they tell me the computer got a bad value, but that all of their tests are coming back clean, so they clear the code, and tell me they are keeping the ticket open and that I should just drive it and bring it back if it comes back on. So I get in and drive off the lot, and the airbag warning light comes on.

I turn around, and pull right back into the service bay, and when I told the tech the light was on he laughed and said that he already had the part, because it was on when my Bronco was delivered so he ordered the part ford suggested, but the light went off before I got it so they didn't say anything. He said he would replace the part, but the service manually instructed him to remove both front seats and the center console. So they gave me a loaner Escape for the day. Then I call them about 4pm and they tell me that the part didn't fix it, and that they had called in the regional ford engineer and he wanted them to replace the harness going to the part they just replaced, which they don't have, and which they said they might get today, more than likely will be tomorrow, so most likely I won't get my Bronco back until Monday.

But hey at least I have an Escape. My children were not impressed when I left the house in a Cyber Orange Bronco, and returned in an Escape. Also, they noted that I had the top and doors off the bronco, and requested I not remove the top or doors from the Escape.

Hopefully everyone else is having better luck with their Bronco!
Growing pains man, but you have the right attitude. They will get it all worked out.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man this is worse then the guy that broke his axel, or the guy that got sand in his engine and it seized. At least they got to live it up a little before it died.

I hope you get your bronco back in tip top shape and your able to crush some boulders!!!!!
I hope I don't have any of the problems all you guys are having! Fingers crossed and praying!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
the appeal of a 1971 Buick Riviera GS 455 boat-tail always leaps to mind when I read about sensors and electronics going on vacation.
The modern electronics and sensors provide nice efficient control of combustion and management with low maintenance - when they work.

I loved my old 1970 CJ-5 because as long as I did some basic maintenance, it was ultra reliable. Never any lights or sensors flash. With carburetor I could basically swap the fuel deliver system if needed in 20 minutes.

Miss that old rig. Currently dealing with a damn trouble code light on my later model TJ. :(

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Bronco 2.7L issues - CEL codes and airbag warning light 1627562791184
Sponsored