jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've shared a couple posts with all the rationale. And it seems like through various scaling, i keep coming up within an inch or so of all my dimensions, so this seems fairly accurate. It also corroborates the fact that the rear volume (rear depth) of the 4 door is 50% larger than the 2 door based on FoMoCos official volume figures. Ive spot checked rear hip room, shoulder room, etc, and again, everything keep penciling out to these exact dimensions. This also solves the mystery that the Q&A dimensions were rounding to the half foot, and likely rounding up the 2 door depth, and rounding down the 4 door depth.

So here it is -

4 Door -
33" deep
44-45" wide (depending on where you measure the side walls, but tailgate entry seems closer to 44")
23" tall (to edge of body) and 25" (edge of glass)

2 Door -
22" deep
same width and height

Keep in mind the depth is at the load floor, and you have to factor in the slant of the rear seat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice! I think atleast one of my dogs can fit with the seats up.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2 dr is impressive in this regard as well especially given that it has practically the same rear legroom as the 4 dr. ?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
oh, and not to burst anyone's bubble, but Ford's rear legroom is incorrect. The 2 door and 4 door are not identical at 36.3". I've been mentioning this for the past month.

Here is why:

The difference of volume of behind the front row and second row imply rear seat volume of:
2 dr - 28.7 cubic feet
4 dr - 42.0 cubic feet

So thats a 32% loss over the 4dr.

Given the legroom is suspect, lets look at the width difference to back into the length -

Comparing rear hip - 43.3" vs 54.8" = 21% loss
or comparing rear shoulder - 51.8" vs 56.5" = 8% loss

So figure as a midpoint between hip and shoulder, is a 15% loss in width. The rest of the 32% loss in volume MUST come from legroom. The 4 door legroom should definitely be longer than the 2 dr. Not identical at 36.3"

And if you want to make the argument that the loss in volume is from the 2 dr rear seats sitting higher over the axle with less headroom, we could probably throw that out - 2 dr headroom is listed at 39.8 vs 40.1.

And based on the cargo dimensions listed above, we've estimated that the cargo is 11" deeper than on the 4 door. The total length of the 4 door is 15.7" longer. So where is the rest of that length coming from? Is the 2 door really 36.3" and the 4 door is a few inches more? Not sure. But the 36.3" could be an average of the two. Guess we will find out the real facts. At the moment, no one at ford wants to contradict the posted dimensions on FoMoCo.

ohohsteven

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
48" width is nice. Hopefully aftermarket will come up with some nice locking steel storage drawers.

Sponsored

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the estimate is that the 4dr only has about 6" more cargo space in the back - with the same legroom in the 2nd row? I find that pretty hard to believe given the extra 16" of wheelbase.
I think it is 16". Also there is sheet metal up to the rear of your heels and in the 4 door the seats are sitting on posts. This is a gain in space beyond just legg room. The floor appears to be virtually flat upon seat remove!

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah, just use a milk crate. You can put more custom items in it.
They're like a molle box too. You can attach all your crap to the outside.

If they made milk crates out of laser-cut powder-coated aluminum dudes would spend $100 on one for sure.

acemics

Base
First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t tell you guys how much I appreciate all the information and analysis you all provide on this forum is. I will be getting the 2 door for sure, decision for me will be between an accessorized base or a stock black diamond. I will also be deciding if I will keep my ‘04 Chevy Silverado or sell/ trade it for more down payment cash. If I keep the Silverado (which is highly likely) then I will be much less concerned with the space constraints. Regardless I will be getting one of those hitch basket carriers for a cooler and beach chairs for when we drive out on the beach here on Cape Cod. Looking forward to that at some point next summer.

Sponsored

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it's safe to assume you won't be using this to take 3 people to the airport with luggage, or any extended stay trip. Stuff takes up space. I feel sorry for the kids forced into using this as a family car

Just have to embrace this for what it is. which is mostly a 2 person thing, regardless of 4 doors or a backseat on 2 doors

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it's safe to assume you won't be using this to take 3 people to the airport with luggage, or any extended stay trip. Stuff takes up space. I feel sorry for the kids forced into using this as a family car

Just have to embrace this for what it is. which is mostly a 2 person thing, regardless of 4 doors or a backseat on 2 doors
You can feel sorry for the kids and I'll feel sorry for the people with kids ?

klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
those back seats are GONE.....period!

klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's 22"

We (I and a couple others) did all the math and dimensions on the Q&A thread. We determined that the depth of the 4 door was 33". 4 door is 50.8% more cargo volume, and given the shape of the cargo hold is identical, that pick up in volume must come from depth. So 33" is 50% more than 22". So we backed into 22" for the 2 door.

The oil holder is 8.75" deep (as advertised), and after scaling the photo, you could fit 2.5 oil holders. Guess what that comes out to? 21.875"

And that makes further sense because the reviewer in the Q&A must have been rounding up the 2 door to go from 22" to "2 feet", and rounding down the 4 door from 33" to "2 and a half feet". To play devil's advocate, if the 2dr was in fact 24", then the 4dr would be 36", and they would have said 3 feet depth, not 2 and half. So the only conclusion is that the 2 door depth was rounded up and the 4 door was rounded down.

So 22" deep at load floor, and figure a couple inches less at the mid height point of the seat.
so.....what would be the length(from back of front seats to the back) of the total cargo space if the 2 seats(2 door) were removed?

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so.....what would be the length(from back of front seats to the back) of the total cargo space if the 2 seats(2 door) were removed?
The answer is the # of MT Sasquatch posts/# of MT 2.7 posts x Pi
Sponsored