Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it was a square inch I’d buy a 2 door Bronco. I’ve been waiting for this since I sold my 72 20 years ago
Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I've shared a couple posts with all the rationale. And it seems like through various scaling, i keep coming up within an inch or so of all my dimensions, so this seems fairly accurate. It also corroborates the fact that the rear volume (rear depth) of the 4 door is 50% larger than the 2 door based on FoMoCos official volume figures. Ive spot checked rear hip room, shoulder room, etc, and again, everything keep penciling out to these exact dimensions. This also solves the mystery that the Q&A dimensions were rounding to the half foot, and likely rounding up the 2 door depth, and rounding down the 4 door depth.

So here it is -

4 Door -
33" deep
44-45" wide (depending on where you measure the side walls, but tailgate entry seems closer to 44")
23" tall (to edge of body) and 25" (edge of glass)

2 Door -
22" deep
same width and height
I can go with those estimates. We know the width of a door? so, its as wide as the door at least for stowing while off-hinge. (y)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can go with those estimates. We know the width of a door? so, its as wide as the door at least for stowing while off-hinge. (y)
I had it at 7-8” over the 44”

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd probably chose the option that suited my needs over the one I suspect may be worth more eventually

I buy my cars for me not for the next guy and I keep them a long time

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've shared a couple posts with all the rationale. And it seems like through various scaling, i keep coming up within an inch or so of all my dimensions, so this seems fairly accurate. It also corroborates the fact that the rear volume (rear depth) of the 4 door is 50% larger than the 2 door based on FoMoCos official volume figures. Ive spot checked rear hip room, shoulder room, etc, and again, everything keep penciling out to these exact dimensions. This also solves the mystery that the Q&A dimensions were rounding to the half foot, and likely rounding up the 2 door depth, and rounding down the 4 door depth.

So here it is -

4 Door -
33" deep
44-45" wide (depending on where you measure the side walls, but tailgate entry seems closer to 44")
23" tall (to edge of body) and 25" (edge of glass)

2 Door -
22" deep
same width and height

Keep in mind the depth is at the load floor, and you have to factor in the slant of the rear seat.
Bro. This is much cleaner than your other post showing a bunch of yellow vectors on a completely different vehicle.

I'm still partial to the 2 door. I'd see how flat I can get the seats on the second row or delete them so my future dog can roam a little.

16706312_web1_DogGuide.jpg

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My big question is; can I sleep in the back of it at an angle if I had to? I’m guessing no since I’m 6’ and the FB could barely fit me.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
it's safe to assume you won't be using this to take 3 people to the airport with luggage, or any extended stay trip. Stuff takes up space. I feel sorry for the kids forced into using this as a family car
Kids used to grow up in the back of all kinds of small 2 dr cars - like VW Bugs, Pintos and Gremlins. Nobody felt sorry for them and they grew up just fine.

vikingdoc

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There appears to be a cut-out on the passenger side behind that crate. Is this the location for the subwoofer on the Lux package?

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting the 2 door Bronco all I need room for is a couple of coolers and this space will do fine.
Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 1597508860696

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's safe to assume you won't be using this to take 3 people to the airport with luggage, or any extended stay trip. Stuff takes up space. I feel sorry for the kids forced into using this as a family car
Nonsense! There’s plenty of room for luggage with the seats down on a quick trip to the airport, and the visitors can be secured to the roof rack with bungee cords. I’m guessing they’re family, right? So you’re probably sending ‘em back for a reason!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Supposedly Wranglers sell 20% 2 door, 80% 4 door so for resale figure 4 times as many people will be looking at 4 doors. Look them up on edmunds.com to see how the used prices compare for a four year old Wrangler.