First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(6) 79 bronco's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys for all the "new" rendering with nice colors/combo's, BUT I need to see the iconic colors like orange with the white top...sooo many old classic colors to choose from!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ok don;t judge my skills - can someone do this better than I did ? I used paint

Ford Bronco Bronco 2 Door preview renderings (with white top) 1584550284966
I wasn't sure how to resolve the end of the colored roof - there's a character line in the body work there that doesn't line up with the window (seen in the second image). The first one I put the white down to the top of the window. The third one was black with body color pillars just for fun.
Ford Bronco Bronco 2 Door preview renderings (with white top) 1584558152470

Ford Bronco Bronco 2 Door preview renderings (with white top) 1584558178633
Ford Bronco Bronco 2 Door preview renderings (with white top) 1584558130462

Sponsored

Scott79

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(6) 79 bronco's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is very cool...a modern day Freewheeling Bronco!! That would be awesome if FoMoCo would do a freewheeling package! Gotta love the stripes!!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than sound insulation and a more aerodynamic windshield, I am not sure what engineers can do to mitigate the sound of big mud tires at 70mph and wind hitting a fairly vertical flat windscreen and curling up and around to hit a soft top just behind the driver’s ears. Factor in the weight limits of a removable hard top, and there you go.

It is somewhat self-induced if you want soft top and big tires. If you want a nice quiet ride there are plenty of SUVs to choose from which would be less cool looking but more practical.
to start with , a properly radiused curve at the top of the windshield,and properly supported and cushioned windshield will reduce windshield noise.

as for the hard top, having negatively overlapping panels (where the panel at the front overlaps the one behind it slight) will reduce the noise there greatly, would require that the top be taken off in a specific order though, hence lowest common denominator, because idiots will try to pull the back ones off first...

noone is talking about tire noise, thats a given in large diameter large lug off road tires..I rather like the sound of my 38 TSLs on my bronco.

for the soft top, again, a stronger mechanical lever and motor to pull a tighter top helps, there is almost no wind noise in the drop top t-bird im driving right now, except when I have the top down which is almost always.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

to start with , a properly radiused curve at the top of the windshield,and properly supported and cushioned windshield will reduce windshield noise.

as for the hard top, having negatively overlapping panels (where the panel at the front overlaps the one behind it slight) will reduce the noise there greatly, would require that the top be taken off in a specific order though, hence lowest common denominator, because idiots will try to pull the back ones off first...

noone is talking about tire noise, thats a given in large diameter large lug off road tires..I rather like the sound of my 38 TSLs on my bronco.

for the soft top, again, a stronger mechanical lever and motor to pull a tighter top helps, there is almost no wind noise in the drop top t-bird im driving right now, except when I have the top down which is almost always.
Rounded windshield header: check
Back of freedom panel overlays on top of leading edge of hard top: check
Top stretched tight? It is 7-8 feet long, so even if it is, there is a lot of top that can stretch. It doesn’t flap or vibrate unless I have the congo cage on though.

One thing I am trying is replacing the door hinge bushings as the factory ones have splintered out taking the doors on and off over time.

Mud tires are loud and bricks aren’t aerodynamic - it’s part of the lifestyle.

Maybe Ford can improve with the more rounded over top and extended header. It would be nice.

Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone do a side by side comparison of this render and a 94-95/97 Defender 90?
Ford Bronco Bronco 2 Door preview renderings (with white top) 1585081797828

Last edited:

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the best either but.... Eddie Bauer

269165CE-9DC9-4C7D-829F-3D5F62B0E0DB.jpeg
This.... is sexy

I'm partial to this color because of my dad's '77 F150 though. Gorgeous truck.

And I'd definitely drive this Bronco. I'd love to have a 2 door with rear opening half doors though. This color and trim, the cargo space of a "supercab" Bronco with access to it in a 2 door wheelbase... quasi perfection.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That baby blue with white top and white flares......:oops:. That's my personal ordered Bronco. It has to have a white top here in TN. Black top in the summertime would be egg frying hot up there.
Sponsored