First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my "new" used 2021 Bronco Sport – Badlands with 2.0L Ecoboost Engine from a ford dealer with a Ford Blue Advantage Gold Certified Limited Warranty, with 20K miles on the odometer.

A lot to get familiar with, especially when compared to my last Ford (Expedition 2003).

The ride and comfort is great for this kind of a car but I need to know to whether the loud sound of the turbo pump (?) winding up at start up and down followed by a rattling sound at shut down, is as I was told by the dealer: “is normal”.

I am attaching a short file that includes a recording of “start”, “Idle” and shut down sounds.

I will appreciate any comments,

Thanks
Sponsored

Attachments

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably more efficient to ask this on the Bronco Sport forum? 💁🏻‍♂️

OP
OP

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks - As you can tell I am a little lost between all the different forums.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got my "new" used 2021 Bronco Sport – Badlands with 2.0L Ecoboost Engine from a ford dealer with a Ford Blue Advantage Gold Certified Limited Warranty, with 20K miles on the odometer.

A lot to get familiar with, especially when compared to my last Ford (Expedition 2003).

The ride and comfort is great for this kind of a car but I need to know to whether the loud sound of the turbo pump (?) winding up at start up and down followed by a rattling sound at shut down, is as I was told by the dealer: “is normal”.

I am attaching a short file that includes a recording of “start”, “Idle” and shut down sounds.

I will appreciate any comments,

Thanks
Had a Badlands bronco sport for about 10 months and it would make some subtle noises (while on and off) that I never experienced in vehicles before with but nothing that sounded like what you posted. You could hear maybe more like that while driving it up a steep hill but not just turning on or off.

OP
OP

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the feedback, Kimberley.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a Badlands bronco sport for about 10 months and it would make some subtle noises (while on and off) that I never experienced in vehicles before with but nothing that sounded like what you posted. You could hear maybe more like that while driving it up a steep hill but not just turning on or off.

OP
OP

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The engine fan assembly was replaced by the dealer’s service department that appears to have solved the problem.

Thank you for affirming my concern about the claimed “normal” sound.
Sponsored