Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Top looks like it does what it's supposed to do. I do feel that the cool rear popup feature is what's causing the rear window waves. It has to be loose in order for that feature to not bind up the bottom.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the solid bimini with a hard top would be a nice compromise, but it looks like they only have the mesh one now. Will have to wait for the aftermarket options.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the video! I just switched from a MIC top to soft top hoping for an earlier delivery. Based on what I saw, I am okay with the noise and rain. I am out in CA, so I think the soft top will meet our needs. The best thing about the Bronco is that you can add a different top later. Yeah, it may cost more, but I am willing to wait.
I'm struggling so hard with deciding to inevitably wait for a 2022 or going with a soft top. With all the headache going on, I'd try and talk the dealership into including the Trektop - looks 10x better than stock soft.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every time I get to feeling unsure about switching my order from the body color painted modular roof to the soft top (to expedite the order), I see stuff like this that makes me feel better about it. It just proves that I shouldn't be worried about the soft top... I drive a Mustang GT Convertible, so I'm used to the sound and any other minor annoyances. Frankly, now I'm more concerned about the cost of buying the modular roof I want whenever it becomes available.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm struggling so hard with deciding to inevitably wait for a 2022 or going with a soft top. With all the headache going on, I'd try and talk the dealership into including the Trektop - looks 10x better than stock soft.
I have settled with the soft top. I know it’s not my preference, but I am okay with it. Also, if it gets me my Bronco earlier, I and oaky with it. When I take ownership of my Bronco, I will have enough points to put a large dent in a hard top later down the line.

Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have settled with the soft top. I know it’s not my preference, but I am okay with it. Also, if it gets me my Bronco earlier, I and oaky with it. When I take ownership of my Bronco, I will have enough points to put a large dent in a hard top later down the line.
Very true - plus the bonus points.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was a great example of the tradeoff of convertibles. I've had a few over the years, and they do have tradeoffs. The hard top convertibles are quieter, but you have to drive home to get your top if the rain comes. THAT will be a hassle. And no, I'm not going to drive all over with roof panels rattling around in the back taking up room. So the joy of a soft top is you pull over, close it, get back on the road. The less than ideal part is they have a little more noise, they can leak in hard rain, and they may get hotter. But remember - any top you get, you still have a convertible.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all, great to see a real world video... influencer or not. thanks for posting!

Next... I wonder if that whistling the 'mirror whistle' we've been hearing about, or different whistling from the soft top.

i think i have finally settled on just getting a soft top for now and paying the premium for a hard top later on. i don't have a car right now, so $3,000 to potentially save a few months of ubers and rental cars is a bit easier to justify.

I wish i came to this conclusion earlier since i was originally a soft top, but was on the fence. Once that free sound deadening headliner offer came out and the MIC tops stopped looking like they were weathered light gray, i was firmly back in team hard top. As a day 1 res holder, that probably cost me a couple of months.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dont talk about sport mode or badlands people will start blocking you

i drove it , i want it , mad i cant have it
Did you post your impressions about the sport mode vs normal? If not, I'm curious to hear your thoughts as that's definitely something I wish the BL offered. Thanks.

Sponsored

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great personal video. Everybody is going to have their noise level tolerance experience. Most you ladies and guys on here already experienced what road noises we'll all hear. I'm looking forward to having my own hair pulling, teeth grinding and cursing moments about noise levels.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thanks for posting,,,,, 2 questions:
1. where did you get the gizmo holder mounted on top of you dash?
2. have you found a way to store the 3 back removable windows inside the car while running around town and still be able to place groceries and stuff back there? can they be rolled up some how without damaging them?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd never drive with the doors off with kids in the back. No Florida jokes shall be made.
So you don't trust seatbelts.....? My only concern with doors off is some knucklehead smashing into me...makes the skeleton door thingies appealing.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I lived in Arizona, I would only have the soft top.
Sponsored