First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to say that your daughter face during the rain made my day. That was hilarious!

I have to confess that I was more worried about your finger during the soft operation than the rain!!

I saw this video on youtube few days ago but I couldn't make it in high definition, I think you reloaded and make it HD! thank you!
Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A child struggled with the soft top latch!! This is unacceptable and FOrD sHoULd redesign the whole thing!!! :ROFLMAO:

J/K, somebody will say that sooner or later.

Thanks for the vid OP, answers lots of questions around here!

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to confess that I was more worried about your finger during the soft operation than the rain!!
This was my first reaction watching her put the soft top up -- that looks like it is begging for fingers to get pinched in the mechanism or between the top and the roof.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you don't trust seatbelts.....? My only concern with doors off is some knucklehead smashing into me...makes the skeleton door thingies appealing.
Seatbelts alone won’t do anything for side impact , kids arms and legs kicking out, anything flying in from the side. There’s a lot to potentially go wrong- big and small. My work centers around consumer child safety and I see real world situations often enough to know how those rare situations can actually happen. It’s just not worth the risk. I’m the most extreme situations such as a rollover, the kids are going to face horrific injury or death.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
thanks for posting,,,,, 2 questions:
1. where did you get the gizmo holder mounted on top of you dash?
2. have you found a way to store the 3 back removable windows inside the car while running around town and still be able to place groceries and stuff back there? can they be rolled up some how without damaging them?
Question #2. I have wondered about this! We should have this as a topic.

Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i dunno cloth is mildew heaven
Yes!!! I live in the South where it rains a lot and always high humidity. I constantly fought mildew from small leaks in the hard top of my 2002 Wrangler. This is the exact reason why I'm dumbfounded that the rubber floors and MGV interior are not optional on ALL trims? I want a Wildtrak but I know I will have to deal with the same issues as this Bronco will be parked in my driveway all the time and will see plenty of rain. It's sad that my only option is to downgrade to a Badlands or Black Diamond JUST to get the interior I want.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still not sure I'd be happy with a soft top, but this does make me think maybe. Still not wild about the waviness of the windows, but the rest isn't ba.d

I noticed the warning? lights illuminated near the rear view mirror after you put everything back on, but didn't get a good look at them. What are they?

First video I've watched where you can actually hear the whistling sound others have mentioned. Got to say, I hope the cause of that gets figured out and and a fix is devised. That would drive me absolutely insane. Wind and road noise don't both me at all, but rattling, rustling, whistling, and the like get on my nerves. Plenty of time before I get mine, but I'm really hoping the community figures out something before then.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes!!! I live in the South where it rains a lot and always high humidity. I constantly fought mildew from small leaks in the hard top of my 2002 Wrangler. This is the exact reason why I'm dumbfounded that the rubber floors and MGV interior are not optional on ALL trims? I want a Wildtrak but I know I will have to deal with the same issues as this Bronco will be parked in my driveway all the time and will see plenty of rain. It's sad that my only option is to downgrade to a Badlands or Black Diamond JUST to get the interior I want.
Additionally, it sucks that BD is the lowest trim with the washout floors and vinyl seats. That is the perfect interior for a fun weekender like the Bronco will be for a lot of us, sucks it's not available with the base.

BoomerBarnes

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the video! I just switched from a MIC top to soft top hoping for an earlier delivery. Based on what I saw, I am okay with the noise and rain. I am out in CA, so I think the soft top will meet our needs. The best thing about the Bronco is that you can add a different top later. Yeah, it may cost more, but I am willing to wait.
Has there been an official word on an aftermarket hard top, or a factory one for purchase later? I'm sure it will come out, just curious about pricing.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has there been an official word on an aftermarket hard top, or a factory one for purchase later? I'm sure it will come out, just curious about pricing.
I have no clue.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never wanted a soft top in Michigan the winter would kill it and you can't go through the car wash with one in the winter.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never wanted a soft top in Michigan the winter would kill it and you can't go through the car wash with one in the winter.
Awful lot of soft tops running around Chicago all year, most of them Jeeps, of course. Don't know about car washes yet...but with MGV I can just drop the top, right? Lol.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered a soft top without fear in Chicagoland. Let it snow and rain. It will live outside for me, and I'm fine with that. I neVAr use any other than hand wash in the driveway.

Bunk M

Outer Banks
First Name
Bunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 15 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First of all, great to see a real world video... influencer or not. thanks for posting!

Next... I wonder if that whistling the 'mirror whistle' we've been hearing about, or different whistling from the soft top.

i think i have finally settled on just getting a soft top for now and paying the premium for a hard top later on. i don't have a car right now, so $3,000 to potentially save a few months of ubers and rental cars is a bit easier to justify.

I wish i came to this conclusion earlier since i was originally a soft top, but was on the fence. Once that free sound deadening headliner offer came out and the MIC tops stopped looking like they were weathered light gray, i was firmly back in team hard top. As a day 1 res holder, that probably cost me a couple of months.
I have a soft top OBX and the whistle starts right around 70mph. I don't think it's the mirrors, it comes from the passenger side in the front about 8 inches in from the door.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granted these arent jeeps and times have changed in build and quality, but hard top CJs used to be louder than soft top ones because it trapped the drivetrain noise insede more and reverberated it. I dont know if that applies. I want a hard top and a aftermarket soft top myself. Aftermarket hardtops will be too expensive later.
Sponsored