Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else miss the zip out windows they used to have on the jeeps? Seemed so much easier. On those you could roll the windows up and latch them so you basically had a bikini top
As a current soft top Jeep owner, I can wholeheartedly say no. That soft top looks 1000x easier than the Jeep. I pay my kids to do the top.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anybody else miss the zip out windows they used to have on the jeeps? Seemed so much easier. On those you could roll the windows up and latch them so you basically had a bikini top

Yah the only thing that kept me from buying last week and saying screw the wait, was the soft top velcro. Anyone that has kids with velcro shoes knows that after a few months that velcro doesn't stick as much and with a top on a bronco, I can see this causing problems down the line. I'd prefer a hardcore zipper for sure or even a double layer of seal, velcro and snaps, or velcro and zipper. Something that will last a while in the snow and rain.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone ID'ed the source of the whistle sound?

Sponsored

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That video made my appreciate my JLUR's Sky 1-Touch top that much more, as it can be fully opened or closed in seconds going up to 50 or 60 mph. I wish Ford could offer something similar, but given the challenges they're having with much simpler tops, I'm not holding my breath.

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just sold rubicon with sky touch top...just took delivery of soft top badlands....the only thing the jeep did better was convience of the top..but this top will go all the way down..and it's pretty easy to take completely off..but the on road driving is way better in the bronco...I drove it back home over 120 miles...the jeep was tiresome at 120 miles.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a current soft top Jeep owner, I can wholeheartedly say no. That soft top looks 1000x easier than the Jeep. I pay my kids to do the top.
The JL soft tops are incredibly easy. Apparently Miles ahead of the JK and earlier models.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No soft top for me. The road noise from passing vehicles is bad. It's also black and absorbs heat which is passed through to the inside
On top of that I figure brush on the trail will rip the vinyl windows

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love all your videos. The one on the soft top was one of the reasons that I switch and I am glad I did at this point. Keep up the great work!

We need a soft top thread!

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool thanks for the video. I’m in central Alabama and I’ve been 100% on board with soft top from day one. I will certainly be hunting that whistle. My roof rack did whistle badly before but found and fixed most of it but certainly still noisy. That is probably quieter than my current moded Tiguan.

R&D development vehicle at my old job but only one I’d drive regularly since I live for dirt.

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, have you had any long term issues with rain water and the speakers in the back? I am guessing that some water has to come in when riding with the back and sides out. thoughts?
Sponsored