Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New this morning, the Bronco being tested on rollers for how well the 4wd system works. More for entertainment but though some might find it enlightening.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I learned a lot! I don't have front lockers, so using the Hill Descent!!!! might just be the lucky card to get you out of trouble.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did pretty good!

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
New this morning, the Bronco being tested on rollers for how well the 4wd system works. More for entertainment but though some might find it enlightening.

Very interesting g.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just watched that video myself, and I'm a little so-so on the results. A while back when they first got the Bronco they put it up against two other vehicles in real world climbing, and the Bronco did not do very well with the traction control.

He puts it on those rollers and it doesn't even slip a tire until he gets all three wheels off... Maybe I misunderstand traction control, but I'm pretty sure a wheel has to slip in order for the computer to know that it needs to adjust.

So I take it with a grain of salt... At the end we actually is climbing some mud, now we're talking :)

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good info.

Would have like to seen 4a on the three rollers.

Him trying to sell his used pos car in the middle of the vid was unneeded.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't trust the vehicle's configuration not having an impact. I'd love to see a Base Bronco do that test to show the capability of the traction control system.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good info.

Would have like to seen 4a on the three rollers.

Him trying to sell his used pos car in the middle of the vid was unneeded.
He did use 4a mode once, the bronco just rolled off the rollers like they weren't even there.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He did use 4a mode once, the bronco just rolled off the rollers like they weren't even there.
He just used 4a on the single pad. Wanted to see what it did on the 3 pad setup.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Page 202 of the Owners Manual (and other spots) specifically states that when in 4L the traction control disengages, yet he claims it's engaging. I think he just gets more vigorous with the throttle and the Bronco walks of the ramps. When he's in the mud the 'traction control' doesn't seem to help, same thing when he uses Trail Control, the vehicle applying more throttle trying to maintain speed pulls it off the ramps not some Trail Control or traction control voodoo.

I actually would like to figure out a way for traction control to remain active in 4L, I've been wondering about using Slippery Mode and shifting to $L.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Page 202 of the Owners Manual (and other spots) specifically states that when in 4L the traction control disengages, yet he claims it's engaging. I think he just gets more vigorous with the throttle and the Bronco walks of the ramps. When he's in the mud the 'traction control' doesn't seem to help, same thing when he uses Trail Control, the vehicle applying more throttle trying to maintain speed pulls it off the ramps not some Trail Control or traction control voodoo.

I actually would like to figure out a way for traction control to remain active in 4L, I've been wondering about using Slippery Mode and shifting to $L.
I think it’s way to much torque for the drive train in 4 low. I know everything in a gm turns off once you go 4 low.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I learned a lot! I don't have front lockers, so using the Hill Descent!!!! might just be the lucky card to get you out of trouble.
We used the Hill descent/trail cruise control quite a bit at Texas Off-Rodeo. Never used before. Quite a nice feature once you get used to it, and experiment, for going both up and down.
Sponsored