First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I did watch the video about the upgraded 10-speaker system and it actually sounded awesome, but I went ahead and instead of getting the outer banks with the lux package, stuck with the BB and thought I may just upgrade it on my own eventually. I have read mixed reviews about the quality, and I cannot seem to find a video reviewing the 6 speaker system the same way there's one for the 10 (unless someone can point me to one). For those that already own a Bronco, how is the system? Is it going to be a downgrade from a 6 speaker system in a Fusion?

Note: I have driven a Jeep Sahara (2018 model I believe), and did not have an issue with the system and I believe it was the standard one that the Jeep had come with. I am assuming the Bronco will sound close to, or almost the same.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I did watch the video about the upgraded 10-speaker system and it actually sounded awesome, but I went ahead and instead of getting the outer banks with the lux package, stuck with the BB and thought I may just upgrade it on my own eventually. I have read mixed reviews about the quality, and I cannot seem to find a video reviewing the 6 speaker system the same way there's one for the 10 (unless someone can point me to one). For those that already own a Bronco, how is the system? Is it going to be a downgrade from a 6 speaker system in a Fusion?

Note: I have driven a Jeep Sahara (2018 model I believe), and did not have an issue with the system and I believe it was the standard one that the Jeep had come with. I am assuming the Bronco will sound close to, or almost the same.

I believe even the stock speakers in the Jeep are still alpines and sound much better than most stock speakers. To answer your question simply, you're going to want to replace the 6 speakers, no question about it. Fords stock base speakers are some of the industries worst.

OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe even the stock speakers in the Jeep are still alpines and sound much better than most stock speakers. To answer your question simply, you're going to want to replace the 6 speakers, no question about it. Fords stock base speakers are some of the industries worst.
Darn it šŸ˜‚ Im huge on listening to music on my weekend commutes so decent quality is a must, although I am pretty happy with my base Fusion speaker system. I have found a video by PickensFamilyof5 upgrading their speakers, saying the quality is far better on the $30 4 inch speakers that they bought from Best Buy vs stock. I may look into that.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The base Jeep system is pretty trash with the top off. The B&O is pretty trash with the top on. The six speaker? There's no pretty about it, it's just trash. You'll be upgrading the sound system no matter what. Run a search, there's already several threads about it.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a video but it was on my cell phone. Thought about postingā€”but it doesnā€™t really do it justice.

Itā€™s definitely not the worse Iā€™ve heard. Iā€™ve driven some very basic Nissan cars that have had worse (Versa, Sentra, etc.). And Iā€™ve also driven some box trucks for work that were much worse.

But it is the worse Iā€™ve heard on a ā€œflagshipā€-type vehicle that costs $33,000+. Honestly Iā€™m not really all that surprised. Ford really limited themselves in where they could put the speakers with the Bronco design. All of the tried and true locations (doors, roof, etc) donā€™t work since they can be removed.

The B&O system is also not great. Much better than stock for sure, but if the B&O system is your primary reason for getting the Lux package, Iā€™d pass. My old Ford Focus with the Sony sound system is much better than the B&O system. And I suspect youā€™ll be able to do much better aftermarket for the same amount of money as the Lux package.

For me personally, Lux also has adaptive cruise control, which is one of my favorite features. Soā€¦ decisions decisionsā€¦

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The B&O is pretty trash with the top on.
I put 250 miles on a BL Lux Mannequin and over 200 of those miles were with the top in sunrider position and I thought the B&O was perfectly fine

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B&O is decent but should be great
Standard is trash but should be decent.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the reality of the vehicle will make any speaker sound bad. A lot of what goes into good in-car audio quality is the interior that it has to bounce off of.

But yes, Ford base speakers are ass. I was responsible for sourcing them.

They come from China (surprise :) ) and are a no name brand that we only used because they had easy access to neodymium (rare earth metal required in mfg of speakers)

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the reality of the vehicle will make any speaker sound bad. A lot of what goes into good in-car audio quality is the interior that it has to bounce off of.

They come from China (surprise :) ) and are a no name brand that we only used because they had easy access to neodymium (rare earth metal required in mfg of speakers)
So are the standard speakers of a marine grade in any way?

I drove my dealers mannequin that had the standard speakers and while I didn't get to play with the settings at all, my initial impressions (with hard top on) were that it got decently loud, but seemed to have a muddy sound.

I figured it would be high on my list to swap in some decent marine grade speakers that can handle the moisture and dust that the Bronco will eventually see.

OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I drove my dealers mannequin that had the standard speakers and while I didn't get to play with the settings at all, my initial impressions (with hard top on) were that it got decently loud, but seemed to have a muddy sound.

I figured it would be high on my list to swap in some decent marine grade speakers that can handle the moisture and dust that the Bronco will eventually see.
I was going to bring up the same point. Iā€™m sure Ford went into It thinking that they need to get something that can withstand the weather, so they may have sacrificed the audio quality for the protection.

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What would you recommend to upgrade? Is there an option that is good value and wonā€™t break the bank?
Thanks

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the Sahara maybe, but dont quote me.. he would have to tell us if he had a sub in the back or not.

Quick back story.... 14 jku 4-mopar kickers with dynamat, and poly fill, kicker kst tweets with alpine 650 (w/ powerpack) followed by a alpine 10- shadow box sub powered by a kicker amp. Comparing that to the bronco now... Absolutely the bronco system is junk...ish.. My jku system was loud and it played music really nice. but when it came to talking/podcasts it was terrible.. could be because i had it tunned for bass who knows. I had a hard time hearing it at highway speeds (doors and top off) whereas the bronco, not so much. The bass in the bronco is terrible it just cant handle a lot of bass. I am going to swap speakers out eventually but i want to wait till more options and what not come out.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really, the 4" dash speakers are paper but the standard 6.5" kick speakers do appear to have a plastic woofer/cone (or at least coating), which should make them relatively water resistant, but the connectors don't have any sort of weather seal.

Ford Bronco Bronco 6 speaker audio quality 20211003_092237

Ford Bronco Bronco 6 speaker audio quality 20211009_150104~01
Sponsored