Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my 89 Bii for about 20 years now 2.9 with the 5 speed. I have built and rebuilt all the running gear on it over the years (Engine Rebuilt top and bottom, 2nd transmission, drive shafts, rear end, clutch, brakes and lines batteries wires plugs etc. etc.). I have developed such a love for it and it has just been the best in snow and winter weather. I am at 268,000 miles on it now days (bought it with 135,000).

I got my 22 Hot red pepper 2 DR as a replacement for the Bii However I have since been with both Broncos currently as I really don't want to sell the Bii. If the right situation or person came up to sell it too I probably would let it go, but I cant just let her go to some one that will trash on her as she has really been rebuilt well and she just goes and goes.....

I definitely can relate to this thread.

65415.jpeg

20220705_104205.jpg

20220709_163444.jpg

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, 1990 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had my 89 Bii for about 20 years now 2.9 with the 5 speed. I have built and rebuilt all the running gear on it over the years (Engine Rebuilt top and bottom, 2nd transmission, drive shafts, rear end, clutch, brakes and lines batteries wires plugs etc. etc.). I have developed such a love for it and it has just been the best in snow and winter weather. I am at 268,000 miles on it now days (bought it with 135,000).

I got my 22 Hot red pepper 2 DR as a replacement for the Bii However I have since been with both Broncos currently as I really don't want to sell the Bii. If the right situation or person came up to sell it too I probably would let it go, but I cant just let her go to some one that will trash on her as she has really been rebuilt well and she just goes and goes.....

I definitely can relate to this thread.

Hey Chad. Great story and great Broncos! A couple of comments: I insure my Bii with Hagerty as a 'collectible' because it sits in the garage most days. It costs only $250 per year. Not sure if that is an option for you but it might tempt you to hold on to yours. And, do you not think that HPR is the best-kept secret color for your '22? The color looks fantastic in real-life and it seems photos cannot do justice to how good it actually looks.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Chad. Great story and great Broncos! A couple of comments: I insure my Bii with Hagerty as a 'collectible' because it sits in the garage most days. It costs only $250 per year. Not sure if that is an option for you but it might tempt you to hold on to yours. And, do you not think that HPR is the best-kept secret color for your '22? The color looks fantastic in real-life and it seems photos cannot do justice to how good it actually looks.

Yes the Hot red Pepper is the best color!! One of the benefits to when I was bumped from a 21 Bronco to a 22. You're defiantly right about pictures don't do it justice for how well it looks in person!

I do have the Hagerty insurance as well. I may even register for collector car plates for the Bii to save on the ownership tab renewals. I have her insured at a replacement value of 10,000. My real issue is I can only fit 4 cars in the garage and I have 3 SVT Cobras and than the new Bronco and the Bii so I am at a dilemma of which one gets parked outside. I am in no hurry to sell, but like I said if the situation came up and I felt there was a right person or a right home for the Bii I would let her go as long as she was loved for. I have had issues with the roof leaking on the Bii but have recently resealed the underneath with flex seal (it was leaking in the front corners).

Anyhow for now the Bii is still a member of the family. I may have to buy her some new wheels the next go round for tires as it seems many of the 15" tire options have went away. I was recently looking to replace the Good Year MTR I am running with the same tire again but they are no longer made......

Keep on wheeling!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

62004Copy of 2004_1017sept0069.JPG
92006Copy of 2004_1017sept0041.JPG

Got nothing productive to say, just like BII content. Years ago down in the San Juans, Black Bear and Imogene.

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's some more B2 content. My original order for my new Bronco was for the dark blue. But with my order pushed to '22 that could not be the case.

Love both of these trucks. And a Ranger thrown in for the hell of it.

IMG_20220525_181949424_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220909_150737974_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220909_150722420_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220909_150748149_HDR.jpg

5945.jpeg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's some more B2 content. My original order for my new Bronco was for the dark blue. But with my order pushed to '22 that could not be the case.

Love both of these trucks. And a Ranger thrown in for the hell of it.

IMG_20220525_181949424_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220909_150737974_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220909_150722420_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220909_150748149_HDR.jpg

5945.jpeg
I had two Bronco IIs and loved them. I had a couple of Rangers as well! My current 21 Badlands is worlds apart from any of those prior vehicles, but I would definitely like to build a Bronco II with a 4.0L and solid axles as a trial rig! Maybe something will fall in my lap to do a project some day!

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When that 2.9 goes, that's my plan. I've been looking for a 4.0 ranger donor for a bit now. Swap the bigger axles while I'm at it.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been meaning to see if the 2 Dr new bronco seats would fit in my Bii. I think they would be great to use as my stock seats are worn out. I know the new bronco seats have air bags in them, but it's on my too do list to see if I could make them fit. I am sure there will be some wrecked broncos with seats available as time goes on.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When that 2.9 goes, that's my plan. I've been looking for a 4.0 ranger donor for a bit now. Swap the bigger axles while I'm at it.
I'm a step ahead of you since mine was already swapped to a 4.0L, so when it dies (might take a while, the OHV 4.0L is possibly Ford's most reliable V6 of all time) I'm thinking 2.3 ecoboost. It will bolt right up to a Duratec Ranger M5OD.

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
30 years ago next spring my dad drove 12yo me cross country in his (since sold) Bronco II from Milwaukee WI to Yellowstone for a four day hike via the Badlands, Devil's tower and many other sites along the way. Paper maps only, no hotels, no interstate. It was quite an adventure. His 70th birthday is next week and my Bronco is scheduled to be built the day before.

He's still an active guy so my gift to him is another cross country trip wherever he wants to go... this time in my Bronco.

The Bronco II holds a special place in my heart and it's great to see it side by side the new gen.
Thanks for sharing.
More and more I hear about how a bronco can be a memory making machine of sorts, and I didn't realize it much back in high school. A buddy of mine had 2 brick nose broncos I helped him work on, and that was what started the obsession for me. Something about his 88 EB did it for me. A little while ago I let him take my 23 for a spin around the area. Ive also made memories along the way with friends or even my dog going off roading or just driving around