dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why folks think Ford can't do multiple things at once. I mean, the guys on the assembly line who are going to build these trucks aren't having to stop working on B&P, nor are they taking any time away from communicating anything to the dealerships or the customers. In fact, if they aren't building Broncos, they'll probably be building Rangers...or sitting at home waiting to build Broncos.

Personally, I like the idea that they will be building these loaners, before they start building any customer trucks.

This program very well may be intended to help with the new CEO's mandate that quality must be improved, while also giving us the opportunity to take one home for a day or two. Businesses like Ford, and programs like this one, are rarely one-dimensional; but folks, somehow, cannot grasp that idea.
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand why folks think Ford can't do multiple things at once. I mean, the guys on the assembly line who are going to build these trucks aren't having to stop working on B&P, nor are they taking any time away from communicating anything to the dealerships or the customers. In fact, if they aren't building Broncos, they'll probably be building Rangers...or sitting at home waiting to build Broncos.

Personally, I like the idea that they will be building these loaners, before they start building any customer trucks.

This program very well may be intended to help with the new CEO's mandate that quality must be improved, while also giving us the opportunity to take one home for a day or two. Businesses like Ford, and programs like this one, are rarely one-dimensional; but folks, somehow, cannot grasp that idea.
They've clearly proven they can't. Have you been paying attention?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems to me that Ford is trying to get Broncos into dealerships for people (including us) to see, ahead of our deliveries, and general availability. I am betting that by using them in a "defined use program" (FCTP) they are able to ensure that the vehicle stays with the dealer (or there are penalties) and that dealers are able to have a valid excuse for customers of why they cannot sell it.

If they just put a couple Broncos on the showroom floor you'd have a lot of ticked off potential customers who would not want to hear that they were "behind" 180K pre-orders (or whatever number converts). This way, they have a "show" vehicle (and I certainly want to sit in (and drive) one before I take delivery.

Would love something before I order to get a sense of a lot more, but that is not likely to happen, unless I am lucky enough to cross paths at a dealer when a demo training unit is there. My dealer is communicating nothing, so not holding my breath.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to know more about Accessory Pack 3A for the 2-door. Will the "Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid" fill in the 4" lip for a more level cargo area? Is the "Swing Gate Table" something that will slide under the "Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid" and pull out - similar to the 4-door slide out table? And I am still trying to find out if the front passenger seat of the 2-door is able to lie flat. This would all create a much more usable cargo area for the 2-door if this is the case. :unsure:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to know more about Accessory Pack 3A for the 2-door. Will the "Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid" fill in the 4" lip for a more level cargo area? Is the "Swing Gate Table" something that will slide under the "Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid" and pull out - similar to the 4-door slide out table? And I am still trying to find out if the front passenger seat of the 2-door is able to lie flat. This would all create a much more usable cargo area for the 2-door if this is the case. :unsure:
The Cargo Area Enclosure (fixed lid) will not level out the cargo area with the rear seats folded down. It is literally just an enclosure. (See the link for photos except that the link shows a lid with gas struts.)

Also, the rear gate folding table is just the one pictured on the Overland concept rig. It is literally a hinged metal shelf attached to the rear gate.

Sponsored

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FCTP has been around for years now . This isn't some new program they just rolled out for Bronco. It was probably always part of the plan, so its not like that production would have gone to building customer cars. My dealership has a Bronco Sport in the FCTP program. It has definitely helped people to firm up their decision to buy a Bronco Sport. I think it will be helpful, especially for 2022 reservation holders that might be on the fence.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool.

For those that have JKs/JLs - what good is the cargo area enclosure (vs the security drawer) when all someone has to do is break in/reach in and hit the door unlock button to swing open the tailgate?

And did we ever get an answer to the question of whether or not the garage door opener would work without a key nearby? My mid-90s Land Cruiser's would. Which is a recipe for disaster on a driveway parked car.

ETA:

Enclosure

Drawer
On my JK, if you lock with the fob the interior electronic door unlock button is disabled after a few minutes.

If the Jeep is centrally locked, you can’t open the rear gate without a key or the fob.

Last edited:

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First thing I noticed too. Only reason I’m going Lux is because I refuse to buy another vehicle with an awful radio. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll enjoy the other stuff too, but I could easily live with a squatched big bend if it had the upgraded radio vs the wildtrak.
I didn’t think JBL made the B&O radio either?
Do yourself a favor and go listen to a Ranger with B&O before making that decision. I am admittedly very picky about audio, but the B&O is a very mild upgrade in quality. If you want better quality, just replace the factory speakers for $200 from Crutchfield. More base is a little harder, but still not bad. With lux you payed a ton for that minor upgrade and now have to pay $1000 to replace your windshield everytime it gets cracked.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only thing really bugging me about this post is the two pictures of white 2-door Black Diamond Broncos. I was trying to keep it a secret how awesome that looks so mine would be rare. I even encouraged to anti-Oxford jokes. I was counting on my little marshmallow cube being unique.?

I guess if there ends up being and army of little 2dr BD Bronco mini-fridges out there (yes, I am talking to you @Rick Astley ), I will have to add some stripes or something.

...or...

EB-style white out by painting the grill, flares, and wheels white and getting a white canvas bikini top!???

(Even better... paint everything Wimbledon White!)

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do yourself a favor and go listen to a Ranger with B&O before making that decision. I am admittedly very picky about audio, but the B&O is a very mild upgrade in quality. If you want better quality, just replace the factory speakers for $200 from Crutchfield. More base is a little harder, but still not bad. With lux you payed a ton for that minor upgrade and now have to pay $1000 to replace your windshield everytime it gets cracked.
I live close to Crutchfield. May chat them up when the time comes and volunteer my Bronco as their audio upgrade Guiney Pig, when the time comes.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No those guys are right!
Take everyone off of the assembly lines, manufacturing plants and get them coding a new B&P website.
That’ll work!! ?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Easier to just thread-crap...

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And did we ever get an answer to the question of whether or not the garage door opener would work without a key nearby? My mid-90s Land Cruiser's would. Which is a recipe for disaster on a driveway parked car.
Unless Ford completely changes the way they do things, most people won't be getting the garage door opener. For those that are, my Ford Explorer won't open the garage door when the engine is off. I do not remember if the key was in my pocket the day I discovered this or not.
Sponsored