Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer expects me to get a Bronco before August based on his allocation and my 07/20/2020
reservation date.
Sponsored

JohnDoe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not to pour gas on the fire but...my dealer just sent me this:

"I just found out that the order banks will open January 19th and reservations will need to be converted by March. The time you made your reservation does not effect when you are able to place your order."

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No reason to get excited yet. I canā€™t be the only
person who still has 2 reservations and will, at best, order 1.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got to page 12 on this thread, skipped the rest. Called my dealer, going talk to them about ordering. Gonna express my reservations about my reservation (reservation reservations? -Brian Regan ?). My plan going forward is to #1 Not speculate about this anymore, the calculus is what it is. #2 Order the Bronco I want from B&P as it stands at the time of order, coming out of pocket with as minimum deposit as I can negotiate. #3 Wait and see where my MYnn and Estimated delivery date shake out.

If I end up in some place that I hate in all this (like a really late MY21 estimated delivered RIGHT before the '22's with cooler colors/features are available), I will test just how non refundable my local dealer considers that deposit. I may not get my money back, but I'll get my moneys worth.

Sponsored

Zoe332

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as you guys worry about getting yours too late i'm hoping that enough people stay in that I don't take delivery till feb 22 at earliest
Thatā€™s why I just made second reservation. If my August reservation doesnā€™t get me an early 2022 delivery Iā€™ll just wait it out with my second reservation and cancel my first one.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

"I just found out that the order banks will open January 19th and reservations will need to be converted by March. The time you made your reservation does not effect when you are able to place your order."
Not really pouring gas on anything, that's been the info we've had since Ford last updated the window for order. From the FAQ:

When will customers be able to convert their reservations to order?

Order conversion process will now begin in mid-January and run thru March 19, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as I get mine before September I'm happy. They can call it 2122 year for all I care lmao...but today I heard from stiggy that "numous greens" are being planned! !!!

Now I'm like wth...show them to me now! *Would love to see Norway*....
The potential green or greens that may come with '22 and addition of more options has me in this bittersweet struggle of really wanting (and now kind of needing) my ride by mid this year, but again maybe being able to make it work, roll over some vacation to '22, and end up with something even better with a '22 if somehow the stars don't align right for my 7-14 early reserve.

At the end of the day I am overly anxious and more than ready to get it, but also it might be a small blessing in disguise if in fact more options/colors are available on mine if it gets bumped another few months down the chain.
Either way I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep on it and realize there is a whole lot of water left to flow under this here 6G bridge before any of us have a firm grasp on where it all hashes out.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stop worrying about allocations.

Your dealership will get enough allocations to fulfill all reservations. It is just a matter of when.

This is my best guess as to what we can expect to happen with allocations and reservations:

Come Jan 19, Ford is allocating the first batch of reservations. As cancelations come in, more people will be given the opportunity to get their orders in before the March 19th cutoff date, but it's going to be a minority of all reservations that get to order before March 19th

I am saying that the allocation is tied to the reservation. that if a dealer fails to convert a reservation, they will loose that allocation. So if someone in Maryland cancels, it could be that someone in California is next in line. The MD dealership looses an allocation, and the CA dealership will gain one.

Ford is not going to let a dealership cancel all of their reservations to get a parking lot full of 2021 Broncos. This is why i think the allocation is strictly tied to the reservation.

Sometime later, probably in April, the second batch of reservations will be allocated. It's the same deal as above, allocations tied to the reservation, as reservations are canceled, the allocations adjust. A lot of you will move up from MY2022 to MY2021s.

Then, sometime around August, the first of the 22my reservations will be allocated to whatever dealerships the reservation was placed. Depending on things, Ford might start mixing in Dealership Stock allocations.

This is the part everyone is worried about the most:

What happens if my dealership does not get enough allocations?

It's not going to happen. Ford will honor your reservation and the allocation is tied to the reservation. Your dealership will be allocated any outstanding reservations. The question comes in as to when you will be allowed to order, and then when will that Bronco be built? Never "Will my dealership be able to honor my reservation? That sounds so silly to me.

Allocations will not effect dealerships until all reservations are filled or cancelled, and that conversion rate is going to be factored in to their dealership stock allocation.

This means yes, negotiate for price.
I don't think anyone is worried about missing out entirely, just how long they're going to have to wait. It sounds like if you're X+1 at your dealer of choice, even if you have an earlier reservation than someone else at another dealer, then you could potentially get bumped from a 21 to a 22 and go from receiving car in August to receiving a car sometime in 2022. Kinda sucks to get bumped like that just because Ford arbitrarily decided to impose this allocation thing on dealers.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Right. You can order whenever you want between January and March. When orders are sequenced, timestamp plays a factor.. along with parts availability and allocation*.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That's always been the case. There is a window to order for any reservation holder. If you didn't order it during that time frame you're reservation would be cancelled and you'd get your $100 back.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The question in my mind is when the '21 line ends and where the '22 line begins. If a dealer has x allocated and orders x, does x+1 become first in line for the '22? If someone has a 7/13 and decides they want a '22, can they toll their reservation and be first in line next year. A lot of questions that really apply to anyone waiting.

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How could you possibly read anything on this thread and think you would get one this year with a 9/10 reservation? Even big dealers arenā€™t getting enough allocation to even make out of the first week of reservations they hold.
I think that there will be mass cancelations and only about 30% of day 1-9/18 reservations will be converted to orders so even someone with a late 9/10 reservation depending on what they order could still get a 2021. Probably not a 2.7 Sasquatch.
Sponsored