Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Don't cross the streams boys"
This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
What do you mean, “biblical”?
What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Exactly.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
What do you mean, “biblical”?
What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Exactly.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.
Your honor, I've seen <stuff> that will turn you -----!

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So for those that know (or about to know) if they made the cut at their dealer, I guess the next big hurdle are those with 2.7L lux sasquatch (like me). Is that just going to be luck of the draw? And how big of a delay could that be? A month? 6 months? I know nobody has the answers, but it seems to be the last missing link here. Maybe they give you the option to chose 2 out of those three to spread the wealth and not crush everyone.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealers already have the full reservation list for their dealership. If they have x allocations, then they use the list to fill those allocations. Honorable dealers will go down the list and mark them off as they decline until they fill their allotment. Its actually pretty straight forward. Cancelling a reservation does not reduce allocation.
Yes, actually it can. Allocation ESTIMATES were based on EVERY reservation (9/18 and older) going through. Once all orders are in there will be another allocation calculation that will be the actual allocation. This can change. If all dealers have the same % of cancellations, nothing will change. However, If one dealer has 50% and another has 0% cancellations, the 0% dealer will likely gain allocations from the one that lost lots of reservations.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a litigator I respectfully disagree. This violates the terms of the contract that was formed when we placed the reservation and they took the money. I'm not going to sue and I don't do many class action lawsuits, but I am going to refer this to people I know. I'll just wait to see what the dealerships in my area say, and then probably move on to a different vehicle since I really do want an SUV this year.
Really? I'm curious about this. T&C to me, a layman, seemed pretty clear that the reservation didn't guarantee you anything.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't.

Things are turning out exactly how I wanted/planned for them to... not everyone has the same motivations.

::EDIT::

It seems that I might need to point out in this post that I'm not Zach@Granger... so my statements are as a private person who is looking forward to his Bronco.... not a representative of a dealership... since I don't work or own one.. even though my username rhymes with someone who does....
Nice PSA.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really? I'm curious about this. T&C to me, a layman, seemed pretty clear that the reservation didn't guarantee you anything.
The reservation process constituted a good faith agreement that when Broncos were built your reservation timestamp would be the primary factor in determining its production timeframe.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reason to get excited yet. I can’t be the only
person who still has 2 reservations and will, at best, order 1.
Ditto!

Dang this thread is off the chain! My head hurts :ROFLMAO:

As for me? I'll get it before I stop wantin' it ;)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's a new piece...are you a dealer?
I am not a dealer.

Via an email from FORD announcing this change:
"Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. "
Source: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-priority-fordpass-points-loyalty-gift.10042/

You can't be bumped by a dealer putting someone ahead of you. Why?

If the dealerships try, they will be penalized by FORD

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ont-sell-to-original-reservation-holder.5909/

You will see that reservation holders will get order numbers to give the dealer, and that is the num
The dealers already have the full reservation list for their dealership. If they have x allocations, then they use the list to fill those allocations. Honorable dealers will go down the list and mark them off as they decline until they fill their allotment. Its actually pretty straight forward. Cancelling a reservation does not reduce allocation.
I've got to find this, but I think it is Ford who will be turning reservation numbers into an order numbers, not the dealer. I am 99% sure Ford is the gatekeeper in this scenario.

I believe the process will be that Ford will send the dealership a package of order numbers that line up with reservations. I read this somewhere but can't find it. It wasn't related to allocations but it was a response to people worried about people skipping the line.

Allocations are just the first step, as I am sure there needs to be inventory in the system for order numbers to be generated.

For all we know the low allocation number is just Ford doing a data import in stages, and by the 19th the dealership allocations will have increased to the total number of reservations.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stop worrying about allocations.

Your dealership will get enough allocations to fulfill all reservations. It is just a matter of when.

This is my best guess as to what we can expect to happen with allocations and reservations:

Come Jan 19, Ford is allocating the first batch of reservations. As cancelations come in, more people will be given the opportunity to get their orders in before the March 19th cutoff date, but it's going to be a minority of all reservations that get to order before March 19th

I am saying that the allocation is tied to the reservation. that if a dealer fails to convert a reservation, they will loose that allocation. So if someone in Maryland cancels, it could be that someone in California is next in line. The MD dealership looses an allocation, and the CA dealership will gain one.

Ford is not going to let a dealership cancel all of their reservations to get a parking lot full of 2021 Broncos. This is why i think the allocation is strictly tied to the reservation.

Sometime later, probably in April, the second batch of reservations will be allocated. It's the same deal as above, allocations tied to the reservation, as reservations are canceled, the allocations adjust. A lot of you will move up from MY2022 to MY2021s.

Then, sometime around August, the first of the 22my reservations will be allocated to whatever dealerships the reservation was placed. Depending on things, Ford might start mixing in Dealership Stock allocations.

This is the part everyone is worried about the most:

What happens if my dealership does not get enough allocations?

It's not going to happen. Ford will honor your reservation and the allocation is tied to the reservation. Your dealership will be allocated any outstanding reservations. The question comes in as to when you will be allowed to order, and then when will that Bronco be built? Never "Will my dealership be able to honor my reservation? That sounds so silly to me.

Allocations will not effect dealerships until all reservations are filled or cancelled, and that conversion rate is going to be factored in to their dealership stock allocation.

This means yes, negotiate for price.
This is the problem with all this transparency. Allocation is a word most sales people don't know, let alone the general public.

Allocations are not tied to reservations directly. Allocation is just how Ford distributes production across dealers, and for Bronco is calculated by way of three weighted factors that this forum already knows. This is completely different than our normal allocation process.

The number we received yesterday is a projection of these categories, the final number will be based on the actual data. That data includes conversion percentage. I can't get into the exact details, but our allocation is how many they'll build for our store based on the three factors. Ford is going to organize the builds we converted and slot them in to an allocation with a combination of time stamp and commodities. If someone cancels, we don't lose an allocation, it just changes the conversion percentage.

Ford can't build all 190k reservations because of a variety of factors. Chiefly, the 21 MY is shortened from the normal 10-12 months, to Just 6-7 (May/June '21-December '21).

'22 will have much more production in theory because it will have a longer production cycle.

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's all speculation at this point.

Just my simple math. The production capacity for 2021 MY is approximately 70,000.

There's roughly 200,000 reservations let's say 70% (I think that's high) convert to orders. That means half of reservations will be a 2022 MY Bronco.

How many of our reservation holders want a black painted top? How many want a mansquatch? How many wanted a painted white top? 2.7L engine? Etc.

There's so many moving parts, I'd hate to tell someone they're out when we could get them one. I'd also hate to over-promise without knowing I can get it done. At this point it's pure speculation.

I can guarantee you that we will do our best on the dealer level to treat our customers well.

No crazy dealer fees, easy communication and try to treat our customers the way we'd like to be treated.
Thanks Zach, this is why I switched my order to Granger. Albert has been great. Rather have a delayed delivery by a few months with a dealer trying to do the right thing than deal with other playing games or not being up front and honest. There is no way at this time to know you will get an early delivery unless you are in the few couple of hundred reservations ordering a stripped down base manual with no options.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Ford and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ford is sued by at least one attorney general's office and maybe a class action lawsuit.
For what damages and under what law?