Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is that Ford website is still taking reservations for Bronco if they are having allocation problems ?
Ford will still make a Bronco for each reservation. The allocations are for the initial builds. Consider it the first round.

The problem is that not everyone will make the first round and it may be a while until the following rounds of allocations.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford will still make a Bronco for each reservation. The allocations are for the initial builds. Consider it the first round.

The problem is that not everyone will make the first round and it may be a while until the following rounds of allocations.
So you'll get your 2021 Bronco in 2024

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is my conversation today.
what a terrible dealer...surprising someone that clueless and non-responsive can even exist in today's competitive environment

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your statement is based on the assumption that dealers have comparable conversion ratios (which is part of the formula for final allocations).

Dealer A has 100 reservations and all 100 convert to an order
Dealer B has 100 reservations and 10 convert to an order

They should both get 30% of their initial reservations??
Not really..what I'm saying is that for dealer "stock" .. yes... bigger dealers naturally get more stock.

But for reservations it should not matter. If a tiny dealer happens to have the first 400 reservations that were made online (assuming Ford has the parts) that dealer should get the first 400 broncos.

Now of course reality has a little flex because they are going to build so many Trims at once for efficiency and not change up their tooling every other Bronco... but you get the gist.

If Ford can only built 57,000 Broncos for 21, they should start with Reservation #1, regardless of who the dealer is, and only skip it if they don't have the parts.

Ford doing it based on size of dealers simply sends the message that they are biased and could care less about what a reservation meant. May as well have just let dealers order stock (which they would have optioned what their local customers were asking for)

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really..what I'm saying is that for dealer "stock" .. yes... bigger dealers naturally get more stock.

But for reservations it should not matter. If a tiny dealer happens to have the first 400 reservations that were made online (assuming Ford has the parts) that dealer should get the first 400 broncos.

Now of course reality has a little flex because they are going to build so many Trims at once for efficiency and not change up their tooling every other Bronco... but you get the gist.

If Ford can only built 57,000 Broncos for 21, they should start with Reservation #1, regardless of who the dealer is, and only skip it if they don't have the parts.

Ford doing it based on size of dealers simply sends the message that they are biased and could care less about what a reservation meant. May as well have just let dealers order stock (which they would have optioned what their local customers were asking for)
You are correct. However anyone that thought that had ANY chance of happening with Fords dealer network was IMO operating under a delusion.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are correct. However anyone that thought that had ANY chance of happening with Fords dealer network was IMO operating under a delusion.
Lol.. oh i can tell you who... sounds like 189,999 of us :)

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just placed my order, nice and easy. No additional deposit required. I have a written buyer's order with the complete breakdown of the vehicle and sale price.
I could not get the sales manager to tell me how many broncos they were allocated or what place in line I am.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know how I missed this thread until now, but wow. So many post in such a short time. So, I read some, scanned some, and past some up. But, this is what I can discern.

I'll get my Bronco when I get it......and I'm good with that.

I've bought Fords for a long time, and never seen the company sell a vehicle this way. Could they have done it better, yes. I don't know how they could have, but yes some missteps have been made. Chit happens. Then again, they've never sold a vehicle (sans the Mach E) like this before. And, they certainly didn't expect a damn virus to pop up in the middle of the process. Add to that most all (unless they ordered a Tesla) here have never been through an ordering process like this either. Heck, many have never special ordered a vehicle in normal times. At my more mature age (re: old) I don't get excited over things that I have no control over anymore. So I suggest, if possible, lower your expectations, and you won't be disappointed so often. IMHO

Last edited:

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless I’ve missed it somewhere, this is a major nugget of info that is lacking. What time frame does this first round of allocations cover? Is it what each dealership will be supplied with for ALL of 2021? When will the next round of allocations be delivered?
Sponsored