WildMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK - so Bronco arrived with a door dent dimple in the passenger side rear door along the bottom didn't break the paint (thank God) so dent Doctor should be able to square away.

I also bought a 2022 F150 that arrived with three wheels severely damaged (Factory has to replace the wheels) they were damaged in shipping. The Bronco damaged at the Dealership (I think) of course no one is accepting responsibility for the door - the wheels they can't run from ...

Posting to let you all know that this is apparently happening frequently among all manufacturers so be aware to check your vehicle really, really well - no kidding have them put it on a lift and look under every single nook and cranny -
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It happens. I have waves/bends in the bottom of two of my doors, and my rear passenger window is scratched like a legit sasquatch tried to get in.

Trying to get Ford to fix the damage.

Oh, and a seam is ripped on my soft top already.

But I still sure do love my Bronco.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It happens. I have waves/bends in the bottom of two of my doors, and my rear passenger window is scratched like a legit sasquatch tried to get in.

Trying to get Ford to fix the damage.

Oh, and a seam is ripped on my soft top already.

But I still sure do love my Bronco.
Hello, Cal! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello, Cal! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Ask and you shall receive. DM heading your way.

TO BE CLEAR - MY DEALER HAS BEEN GREAT.

Ford and transit have already declined the claim for the window so either the dealer is going to eat that cost or I'm stuck with a boofed up window.

Had the wavy doors documented by the body shop less than 48 hours after taking delivery. 3 weeks later and dead silence.

Seam on soft top is ripped after less than 250 miles.....but it did sit in a field all winter long somewhere in Michigan.....

Ford Bronco Bronco and F150 arrive damaged 😡 Screenshot 2022-04-28 9.21.52 AM

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i agree it happens and sux. the first car i ever ordered was an 03 cobra when it finally came in the shipping truck leaked hydraulic fluid all over the front it ate through the clear and paint. dealer fixed it no issues and gave me an extended warranty to make me feel better. I was crushed at the time

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Ford Motor Company

A summary of my conversation with the Escalated Customer Service team yesterday:

FoMoCo: "So your dealer is the issue"

Me: "No. The dealer is not the issue. You, Ford, are the issue. The dealer has been amazing"

FoMoCo: "Are YOU sure it isn't the dealer?

Me: "IT. IS. NOT. THE. DEALER. IT IS FORD WHO IS THE PROBLEM!"

FoMoCo: "I see. You should probably file a claim against your warranty for the damage......"

Me: "Excuse me?! IT WAS MANUFACTURED INCORRECTLY AND DAMAGED IN TRANSPORT THIS ISN'T WARRANTY!"

FoMoCo: "But it could be the dealer......."

Me:*Losing patience*

FoMoCo: "We do offer financial assistance that can help offset the out of pocket expenses to fix your vehicle"

Me: "I thought you were a customer satsifaction advocate?

FoMoCo: "This is correct"

Me: "RIIIIIIIGHT"

My suggestion would be to just leave Bronco owners alone if all you're going to do is waste their time and try and blame the dealership.

I have not been mad or hacked off about any of the damage to my Bronco until THIS account and your customer service team REACHED OUT TO ME.

Ford's unwillingness to take responsibility for their manufacturing defects and horrible quality control is down right awful.

GOOD DAY, FoMoCo.

I SAID GOOD. DAY.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask and you shall receive. DM heading your way.

TO BE CLEAR - MY DEALER HAS BEEN GREAT.

Ford and transit have already declined the claim for the window so either the dealer is going to eat that cost or I'm stuck with a boofed up window.

Had the wavy doors documented by the body shop less than 48 hours after taking delivery. 3 weeks later and dead silence.

Seam on soft top is ripped after less than 250 miles.....but it did sit in a field all winter long somewhere in Michigan.....

Ford Bronco Bronco and F150 arrive damaged 😡 Screenshot 2022-04-28 9.21.52 AM
@Ford Motor Company

A summary of my conversation with the Escalated Customer Service team yesterday:

FoMoCo: "So your dealer is the issue"

Me: "No. The dealer is not the issue. You, Ford, are the issue. The dealer has been amazing"

FoMoCo: "Are YOU sure it isn't the dealer?

Me: "IT. IS. NOT. THE. DEALER. IT IS FORD WHO IS THE PROBLEM!"

FoMoCo: "I see. You should probably file a claim against your warranty for the damage......"

Me: "Excuse me?! IT WAS MANUFACTURED INCORRECTLY AND DAMAGED IN TRANSPORT THIS ISN'T WARRANTY!"

FoMoCo: "But it could be the dealer......."

Me:*Losing patience*

FoMoCo: "We do offer financial assistance that can help offset the out of pocket expenses to fix your vehicle"

Me: "I thought you were a customer satsifaction advocate?

FoMoCo: "This is correct"

Me: "RIIIIIIIGHT"

My suggestion would be to just leave Bronco owners alone if all you're going to do is waste their time and try and blame the dealership.

I have not been mad or hacked off about any of the damage to my Bronco until THIS account and your customer service team REACHED OUT TO ME.

Ford's unwillingness to take responsibility for their manufacturing defects and horrible quality control is down right awful.

GOOD DAY, FoMoCo.

I SAID GOOD. DAY.
[rhetorical]
Do you really want their assistance, or are you trying to ensure that they don't do anything?
[/rhetorical]

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
[rhetorical]
Do you really want their assistance, or are you trying to ensure that they don't do anything?
[/rhetorical]
They recorded the call. They can share the audio if they'd like.

They aren't doing anything. They admitted they are aware of dozens if not HUNDREDS of broncos with the same door issues as mine yet they believe it is something that falls under MY bumper to bumper warranty OR it's the dealer's fault.

It's unfathomable to them that maybe their manufacturing and QC might be the common denominator here.

My dealer is replacing my window and eating the cost. My dealer (they have their own body shop) has documented the doors and submitted the evidence to Ford more than 2 weeks ago and Ford won't respond.

So Ford isn't doing anything, and I was happy in my Bronco minding my own business until they decided to contact me.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not having all of the details here I'll just add my .02.

It sounds like you have a mix of transit damage and factory workmanship/materials defects which are separate issues that are handled differently.

If the transit damage was not reported when the transport driver was there during business hours and the check in people didn't get it noted on the BOL, it's on the dealer. If it was dropped after hours the dealer has 72 hours to report it. Was the window scratched when the dealer washed and PDI'd it? If so, on them.

Depending on the dealer, some do digital imaging and have to take pics, upload to Ford and someone on their end makes the call (body, paint, metal, trim, glass, interior, mirrors, etc). The waves in the doors are either a defect from adhesive pull on the panel or it's a "normal" characteristic. I say "normal" because we are supposed to compare the issue to other like vehicles to see if they exhibit the condition too. The dealer should be able to make the call without too much delay. Now, you may not like to hear it's normal but some of this is out of their hands. I can't say if it is or isn't because I'm not there but it shouldn't take this long to at least have these issues addressed.

Could be dragging their feet on the back window because they know it's on them and hope you just go away but the other two things, no excuse for an answer or at least an explanation why a decision hasn't been made yet.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several Manufacturers provide delivery to the factory for Customer pickup. European Manufactures do as well.

I think FoMoCo should consider this an option for the future. Looking forward, the trucker shortage is going to be prevalent for several years ahead. Once your COVID supply chain issues resolve and full-rate production is possible, the delivey bottleneck will become shipping.

Allowing enthusiastic Customers to partake in a Factory Delivery Program would be a great option to solve Ford's delivery problems.

Just a thought.
*cough* Union *cough*

BigBadBluBronc

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 1997 XJ Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands had two deep scratches in the rear drivers side door. Scratches were to the metal. Ugh. The paint shop took nearly 3 weeks to get it right, they apparently had to repaint twice, as the color "wasn't right" after their first attempt.

Delivery company said it came from the factory with the scratches, which I have a hard time believing....

I finally have big blue back and it looks like they did a great job with the repair.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OK - so Bronco arrived with a door dent dimple in the passenger side rear door along the bottom didn't break the paint (thank God) so dent Doctor should be able to square away.

I also bought a 2022 F150 that arrived with three wheels severely damaged (Factory has to replace the wheels) they were damaged in shipping. The Bronco damaged at the Dealership (I think) of course no one is accepting responsibility for the door - the wheels they can't run from ...

Posting to let you all know that this is apparently happening frequently among all manufacturers so be aware to check your vehicle really, really well - no kidding have them put it on a lift and look under every single nook and cranny -
God created paintless dent removal just to offset the dents he creates on vehicles in transit.

Don't question the plan!

And PDR is and has been a very, very, very common practice on new car deliveries for over a decade now. It's why most PDR vans have dealership contracts that see them make their mortgage payments. It sure isn't coming from the random ding customer here and there.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is it extends to transport to even though they are not Ford employees. It's also a function of the customer technically doesn't own the vehicle and would cause bailment problems. It gets damaged by the contracted carrier it's on them. You pick up and get hurt on Ford's property or cause damage, who pays? Once it hits the transport Ford bills the dealer which then becomes our problem.

Just assume you pick it up, no PID and find a boo boo or other issue a week later. Who's responsible? We don't get the driver to mark it on the BOL or miss it during check in, it's our problem.
Sponsored