First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m currently debating between a 2dr badlands with Lux package or a 4dr no Lux package. The 2dr Lux puts me at my budget. I had the bronco sport badlands and sold it a couple months ago because I decided I wanted the manual transmission.

Unfortunately the badlands is the only trim I can get heated seats and keep my manual transmission. After having that and heated steering in the sport I really enjoyed it. I certainly have lived without it in my other vehicles however none of those had removable tops.

im curious if anyone who lives in a cold climate (sees temps in the single or negative digits during winter) opted not to get the heated seats and steering and if you are good with that decision or you regret it. Never had a car with a removable top before so I’m unsure how cold it actually gets.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in Canada, I wanted the heated seats but I wasnt willing to go up to the Badlands to do it.

Ive had heated seats off and on in vehicles and I never really used them much to be honest, and never had a heated steering wheel.

You will be fine, just get some gloves that work for driving.

I dont think you will notice any difference in temperature inside the car due to the top.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in WI, and I literally CANNOT STAND heated seats. They make me feel like I've wet my pants, even in arctic temps. The heated steering wheel is kinda cool tho...I would take that as a standalone. I've never had any such hoo haa on any of my own vehicles, and never plan to. The removable top has almost no effect on cabin temp when the heater is running...your heater will keep you warm just fine

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Badlands, SAS, MIC and Lux. It has the heated seats and steering wheel. I‘m hoping it will get me through the SAVAGE WINTER here in Houston, comfortably…..

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Part of my prerequisite for my Bronco was it had to have the heated steering wheel. I had it on all winter last year in Alaska and it was fantastic. I'm already using it this year as it's in the high 30s/low 40s in the mornings.

Sponsored
OP
OP

idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part of my prerequisite for my Bronco was it had to have the heated steering wheel. I had it on all winter last year in Alaska and it was fantastic. I'm already using it this year as it's in the high 30s/low 40s in the mornings.
Yeah I never had a heated steering wheel till the sport and I loved it. The seats I generally turned on when the car was warming up and then I’d turn them off.

thanks to everyone for the feedback that the removable top doesn’t affect cabin temp to much. Much appreciated!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was a little concerned it might be an ice box, but even -20f she gets toasty! I love heated seats, but I feel like I'm cold a lot.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This tushy gets seat warmers.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m in north central Wisconsin I have never had a heated steering wheel but dig my heated seats greatly.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I grew up in WI and have lived in MN for the last 20 years. For 25, I've driven a Wrangler with a hard/soft top. I've parked inside and outside and have never had heated seats. Once the heat gets going it never mattered that much. I have heated seats now in my OBX, but I doubt I'll use them. The block heater might be a better option, but I didn't add it because I've never had one of those either.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not a gadget guy, Ford can take their goat modes, a4wd, cameras, sensors, side curtain airbags, tpms, Ford pass, back up sensors, Lane assist, dual climate control, turbos and a bunch of other nonsense and scrap it all, just give me a heated drivers seat and tow package. Yes, it's enjoyable to have a little warmth when it's -30 and it takes eight miles for your engine to come up to temp.

Last edited:

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Minnesota here! Heated seats are a must!!

OP
OP

idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a gadget guy, Ford can take their goat modes, a4wd, cameras, sensors, side curtain airbags, tpms, Ford pass, back up sensors, Lane assist, dual climate control, turbos and a bunch of other nonsense and strap it all, just give me a heated drivers seat and tow package. Yes, it enjoyable to have a little warmth when it's -30 and it takes eight miles for your engine to come up to temp.
too true! I’m also in Minnesota.

RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love my heated seats and steering wheel. Makes a difference to me in Wisconson winters.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't ever want to not have heated seats again. It's that simple.
And for the poster who said they make him wet or whatever - You're not supposed to leave them on after you are warm. As soon as the take the chill out, turn them off, I do the same with my steering wheel - if I had to choose, seat before hands. But both nice to have.

I also should state that I don't wear a coat while I drive. I have a long commute and at best wear a light jacket even in zero degree weather when I'm driving. Coats and gloves are for when you are outside, not driving - at least that's my opinion.
Sponsored