Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again. Literally why folks do not trust car dealerships. The entire structure of car sales needs to change. No other commodity do we bicker back and forth over the price and haggle. It’s so frustrating. Also how do I tend to know more about the vehicles, or terms of leasing then the salesman? Or do they just continue to lie. It’s infuriating.
I hope the haggling never goes away, I love it. I love the research to prepare for the haggling. I don’t waste my time horse trading with the salesman, who will just run back and forth to the sales manager. I deal directly with the sales manager.
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do I have any recourse? As you can imagine, pretty frustrated.
I feel your pain, Steven's Ford of Jersey City NJ did the same crap to me. After ordering a Black Diamond $47k with signed ordered. Third time I went back in GM told me Owner would not let my Bronco off the lot without a 10k markup. He told me I was lucky it wasn't a $15 or $20k markup like other dealers were doing. They are also doing a $5k markup on the Bronco sport. So it takes my black diamon from $47k to $57k and raises the sales tax, all in $62k. I
requested a dealer switch from Ford which was not honored so I'm dead in the water. They are the reason dealerships get bad reps.

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who’s for a class action lawsuit? Let the lawyers handle it. Drag dealership and Ford into it. Let’s see what happens.

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When i made my reservation, Ford told me how much the vehicle i selected cost. I paid the $100 and Ford assigned me a dealer based on my zip code. Back then, i didnt even know i had a choice. I think my dealer is a good one, but i guess i will find out in a couple weeks when she gets delivered.
Exactly wish I had known I had a choice of Dealer, the dealer in Jersey City NJ is a tiny dealership and knows nothing about the Bronco, I asked how to put the top up on the Big Bend demo and he had no idea.

Sponsored
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but I just don’t understand how ANYONE could think it makes sense to wait until the car arrives at the dealership until they talk about the price. With all the headlines about markups, high demand, parts shortages, why why why would someone wait until the dealer has the car - which is the point when the buyer has zero leverage. You could have switched dealers if you had this conversation with the dealer before it was shipped. This has been going on for nearly a year now. This should not be catching anyone by surprise at this point.
Dealer switches are not as easy as it would seem, I have been waiting since Oct 2021 and had 3 case numbers and still no switch and no I heard Ford s not honoring them.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm really growing sour on @Ford for allowing this to continue. Bronco may go down in history as the worst retro experiment for a buyer ever. First Ford renieighs on promised res holder builds, then dealer allocation formular then the marketing rally that dealers may be punished for this behavior. Same on you #Ford

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Walk. Let someone else throw away $15k. Be sure to contact Ford customer assistance and let them know what happened. In some cases they are restricting dealer allocation when this happens. But for the most part there's nothing you can do but start over. Next time get a written commitment on price.

Porters.ride

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My two cents on this whole thing is if you’re trading a vehicle in you’re not throwing away 15 grand, because they’re giving you more than your vehicle is worth or would’ve been worth a year ago. But if you’re not trading a vehicle in, winter the marquee equalizers just like people with houses are and get your bronco then. Dealers are only charging with the used market on Broncos is right now. If you pull up Kelley blue book value on a used 2021 bronco, it is over MSRP brand new. I agree that no one should be overcharging, but it’s the nature of the world right now. And are being forced by simple things of minimum wage the rage and shupping expenses going up.

Sponsored

PDXorBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Porshe 911 C4S,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's no wonder all the factories want to ditch the local dealers. My dealer tries this bullshit, I'm going all out nuclear on their ass.

PDXorBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Porshe 911 C4S,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call this number and ask to speak to Jim Farley, (313) 322-3000 Tell him, Dave V said to call.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Walk. Let someone else throw away $15k. Be sure to contact Ford customer assistance and let them know what happened. In some cases they are restricting dealer allocation when this happens. But for the most part there's nothing you can do but start over. Next time get a written commitment on price.
This is the answer. A Zebra doesn't shed its stripes. This is just the start of your future dealings with them. Going forward, people who shopped cars will remember those that wanted over msrp and those that didnt.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who’s for a class action lawsuit? Let the lawyers handle it. Drag dealership and Ford into it. Let’s see what happens.
who are you suing in the class action? It IS a curious case... Ford made a contract with many buyers then handed them off to dealers, by taking consideration $100, Ford made certain guarantees, I did not read the fine print in that one, so it may say that final pricing is up to the dealers.. in which case you need a lot of people to be suing ONE dealer to have a CA, then have that stick to other dealers...

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's no wonder all the factories want to ditch the local dealers. My dealer tries this bullshit, I'm going all out nuclear on their ass.
i know people don't want to pay for lawyers, I spoke to mine and paid him for an hour's worth of time going in, I'd love to see a vehicle tied up for an injunction until the problem is solved. for 2 hrs worth of billing you can get on equal footing with dealers that act scummy. Also call the local news channel and tell them what's going on, Your lawyer would love to show up at the dealer with you and get the PR for being on the news helping the little guy....
Sponsored