WildMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's unfortunate but I'm afraid this dealer stuff is going to continue until something very, very bad happens. People get so frustrated and loose their shit after waiting a year plus and then to have this crap rain down on them. Not that I condone violence but I can see it happening with some smart assed, dumb assed, swarmy mouth salesman arrogantly telling someone "Well thats just to bad - pay it or get out" - and then Pop, Pop, Pop, poppoppop...

Then the coroner, then the national news, then it stops... Shame really šŸ˜³
Sponsored

shadocontrol

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'55 Chevy 3800 Panel Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing from the OP. Wonder if the dealer sold it out from under him while he figured out a plan.

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has expressed an MSRP price to their buyers. This is a misrepresentation to the public. If the vehicle price is going to be left up to the dealers then Ford shouldnā€™t be putting a price on them.

PDXorBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Porshe 911 C4S,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i know people don't want to pay for lawyers, I spoke to mine and paid him for an hour's worth of time going in, I'd love to see a vehicle tied up for an injunction until the problem is solved. for 2 hrs worth of billing you can get on equal footing with dealers that act scummy. Also call the local news channel and tell them what's going on, Your lawyer would love to show up at the dealer with you and get the PR for being on the news helping the little guy....
For the Yellowstone fans out there, we send in Beth Dutton.

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque & Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer switches are not as easy as it would seem, I have been waiting since Oct 2021 and had 3 case numbers and still no switch and no I heard Ford s not honoring them.
I ordered mine the same month as youā€¦ I got lucky though. I made a reservation online and then the dealer I picked contacted me to say it was going to be 5k over msrp. So I called around and found out someone I know is the Sales Manager at another Ford dealer near me and they refuse to sell above MSRP (one of the few good ones out there it seems). It took me being on hold for hours on end trying to get my dealer switched, but they did it thankfully.

My Bronco just came in a couple of weeks agoā€¦ but the turbo died on my way home and itā€™s back at the dealer waiting for a new one.
After reading these horror stores of the prices I feel bad about complaining about my turbo now. Lol

Sponsored
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine the same month as youā€¦ I got lucky though. I made a reservation online and then the dealer I picked contacted me to say it was going to be 5k over msrp. So I called around and found out someone I know is the Sales Manager at another Ford dealer near me and they refuse to sell above MSRP (one of the few good ones out there it seems). It took me being on hold for hours on end trying to get my dealer switched, but they did it thankfully.

My Bronco just came in a couple of weeks agoā€¦ but the turbo died on my way home and itā€™s back at the dealer waiting for a new one.
After reading these horror stores of the prices I feel bad about complaining about my turbo now. Lol
Wow, you got lucky! I'm just stuck and trying to find one is impossible, markups are crazy! Enjoy your Bronco!

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has expressed an MSRP price to their buyers. This is a misrepresentation to the public. If the vehicle price is going to be left up to the dealers then Ford shouldnā€™t be putting a price on them.
There is a legal requirement to have an MSRP

NotThatScott

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D & 1958 Willys Utility Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am so sorry to hear this! My dealer - Bruce Titus Port Orchard Ford, here in Washington, Was very transparent, honest, and straightforward. They actually APOLOGIZED repeatedly to me for not being able to offer a discount from MSRP for my Vet and Responder status.

In my case, The dealer had agreed to a price upfront, and furnished documentation. Included in my price was a modest destination fee (which they managed to recoup by finding me financing that was cheaper than my pre-approved loan with USAA), and my out the door costs were about 10% over MSRP due to taxes, title fees, and elected supplemental warranties, but it was not an inflated sticker price based solely on Bronco awesomeness.

What makes these situations really upsetting, is that it seems as though Ford Dealers require a customer order to get access to the vehicles, but then are not required to sell them to the person who ordered them.

One dealer offered some transparency:

Again, I am sorry that this barrier is coming between you, and what should be a really fun vehicle acquisition. That just takes a lot of fun out of it, and it's upsetting to all of us. Especially the people reading this who are still waiting for delivery, because they read this, and suddenly have an overlay of "what if" on top of their anxiety of "WHEN???"

In a worst case scenario: PLEASE DOCUMENT the window sticker, and the mark-up in their Sales Summary, and expose this dealer to the Ford community, so that we don't take our Vehicles to them for maintenance.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Walk. Let someone else throw away $15k. Be sure to contact Ford customer assistance and let them know what happened. In some cases they are restricting dealer allocation when this happens. But for the most part there's nothing you can do but start over. Next time get a written commitment on price.
Walk. Let someone else throw away $15k. Be sure to contact Ford customer assistance and let them know what happened. In some cases they are restricting dealer allocation when this happens. But for the most part there's nothing you can do but start over. Next time get a written commitment on price.
Has anyone observed any proof of a dealers allocation changing because of the behavior. I would think it would stop the gouging if it did happen but the gouging continues

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the Yellowstone fans out there, we send in Beth Dutton.
One of my brothers football teammates in high school got pissed at his dad and drove his new F150 through the front picture window into the living room. Iā€™d love to see someone do that at a Ford dealer. :)
Sponsored