Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great inside look!
I thought 4A only engages when it detected slippage. Based on the wear it appears it was engaged all the time or going in and out often and consequently burnt up.
There was some verbiage on there about the truck being towed and that may have been it's demise.
Repair looks fairly easy...once you get the case on the bench :ROFLMAO:
It's kinduva no brainer to switch it from 2H to 4A if you need it, so I think I will use it when needed, and not all the time....
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was some verbiage on there about the truck being towed and that may have been it's demise.
Repair looks fairly easy...once you get the case on the bench :ROFLMAO:
It's kinduva no brainer to switch it from 2H to 4A if you need it, so I think I will use it when needed, and not all the time....
Yeah, you can run 4A all the time. Wouldn't recommend or do that but I've seen people do it for 100k. Unnecessary wear and tear and bad gas mileage. But when it snows here I'll push 4A, makes driving in snow fun and predictable.

lewishamilton

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello from a fellow Canuck! Hopefully my answers will help.
1. I don’t have any issue, but I guess it would depend on how tall you are. I’m over 6’, my Bronco has 32” tires and no side steps for reference. I would agree that having side steps would just get in the way.
2. Intelligent access just lets you pull the door handle to automatically unlock and enter the vehicle, whereas on the standard package you would need to press the unlock button on the fob first before pulling the door handle.
3. Mid package doesn’t include full led lighting. Signature led lighting is a separate option and only available on some trims. You can get it on Big Bend but not on Black Diamond. All Broncos come standard with led headlights though, the signature option gives you led taillights and fancier headlights.
4. In a 4 door I think you could
5. Can’t speak too much on other tires, but the General Grabbers on my Black Diamond are great in the snow. They also have the 3 peak mountain snowflake on them. I would think most of the stock tires would be decent seeing as they’re all terrains.
6. Having advanced 4x4 can help in snow as it can send power to the front wheels automatically if you lose traction. I had no issues last winter with just the part time 4x4 on mine. I would just put it in 4WD if I needed extra traction to get going, then pop it back in to 2WD once I was clear. You can shift on the fly even with the part time transfer case. I wouldn’t keep it in 4WD with the part time system unless the roads were really bad.
This is great write up.

But I have to ask this to OP - Which part of Canada? I used to live in Toronto and now live in Manitoba. The snow and temperature are completely different levels...

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't answer your particular questions as I don't have one of these vehicles yet, but I thought you might enjoy this video i saw the other day of a Bronco absolutely mobbing it in the snow. I think it will treat you well if you decide to go with the Bronco

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as getting into a Sasquatch Bronco without steps, I am 6'2" and it's not bad for me but sometimes I wish I had a step. If you are stretching to get in, you have to make sure that you have a solid footing when you are standing on ice or snow. You don't want to lift one foot to get in and have your other foot slip out from under you. Also, regardless of the weather, try not to use the steering wheel to pull yourself in, steady yourself for sure but don't pull. Otherwise you will eventually damage the wheel and the column.

Sponsored

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i just went through a arctic front in my bronco. it was just under 2 ft of compact snow at the peak of it. i have 35" KO2's on the bronco so i absolutely destroyed the snow. 4A and slippery mode was amazing, probably one of the best snow cars I've ever owned. my previous was a merc GLE and before that was a range rover sport. i would say the best is the bronco, then range, then the GLE. i drive the coquihalla a lot too and i feel the bronco would do well on that as well.

i used to have a 4dr soft top outer banks, and now a 2dr hard top badlands. i think the 4A drive is much better than the 4H for snow. the soft top was also very chilly, and i only park in the garage so i never really had snow on my roof either.

i dont have the squatch package but with the 35" tires its kind of lifted to the point where i had to remove the crash bars like on the squatches. im 6'1 so i have no issues just stepping in but i have some female friends who are 5' and have some issues. i installed cloth roof handle bars and that helps a lot. the handles by the glove box isn't idea to lift yourself into a car, or out of a car when its slippery.

RobL2112

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live south of Buffalo NY, so we get some snow here (some, HA!)... I have a Sasquatch OBX and the thing does well even in 2H with greasy roads. I have used 4A when they are dry in some spots, wet in others and I have also used 4H in the same way I did when I had my F-150. 4L is a beast, got out of my driveway packed with snow in that mode... long and short, the Bronco loves the snow!

As far as steps, I am 5'6" short and my wife is 5'0" short... steps are a must for us! My F-150 (2013 FX4) also had steps and it feels to me as though the steps on the Bronco are slightly higher up than the steps were on the F-150... it might be an illusion based on the cab size of the Bronco vs. the F-150 but nonetheless, given my lack of vertical height, I need them..

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still holding up just fine in Tahoe with no garage. Second winter on my 2021 soft top Badlands. It’s on the left of the driveway.
Ford Bronco Bronco as a winter vehicle? 88AC1D69-6EFC-4A74-AFAD-6923CEBA058A
Sponsored