Sponsored

Bronco auto engine shutoff after idle time?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's getting to be that time of year when it's pretty cool and crisp in the AM when I leave for work. I'm not usually a stickler for warmup time before leaving in the AM, but the Bronco being so new, and still breaking in, I have been starting it and letting it run a few minutes to warm up. I have an MT, so don't have remote start, I just walk out and start it, then go back in the house and do whatever I gotta do before leaving. Today I got distracted by something and after what I would guess is 15 min of idling, the Bronco shut off. Restarted fine, and drove to work just fine (my 1st thought was if the fuel pump died...thank god it's in the driveway!). I did keep the fob in my pocket, so I am assuming there is a timeout just like w/remote start if you start the vehicle then take the fob away? Anybody else notice this?
Sponsored

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto engine shut off?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, the engine shuts off after a 15 min timeout. You can change that in the touchscreen settings.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yup,even just having accessory on it times out in 15. happens to me washing vehicle with radio on. good feature imo.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It shuts off even if you're still in the vehicle with the key fob inside, too. It will give you a notice on the instrument panel that it's about to do it, and let you hit the button to keep it from shutting down. But if you're not there to push the button it goes ahead and shuts down.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Mustang is an auto w/ remote start. I use it in the summer time to cool the car down before going home from work.

15 minutes and then it automatically shuts off.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for replies! Guess I learned something today!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's getting to be that time of year when it's pretty cool and crisp in the AM when I leave for work. I'm not usually a stickler for warmup time before leaving in the AM, but the Bronco being so new, and still breaking in, I have been starting it and letting it run a few minutes to warm up. I have an MT, so don't have remote start...
You can still remote start it from your phone with FordPqss. I have a Base Sasquatch with basically no other options, and I was surprised that I could do that.

I've disabled the communication feature for now, because I got annoyed with FordPass complaining constantly about my tire pressure. I drop the tires to 20 psi off road, then air them back up when I get back to pavement, but the "nanny mode" stuff constantly complains about it, like every time I shut it off and restart it. Can't stop that part, but I can stop the Ford Pass complaints. Once it gets cold enough that remote start would be nice, I'll probably re-enable it. It's also disabled because I don't want any automatic software updates without me asking for them.

Anyway, get FordPass on your phone and try it.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can still remote start it from your phone with FordPqss. I have a Base Sasquatch with basically no other options, and I was surprised that I could do that.

I've disabled the communication feature for now, because I got annoyed with FordPass complaining constantly about my tire pressure. I drop the tires to 20 psi off road, then air them back up when I get back to pavement, but the "nanny mode" stuff constantly complains about it, like every time I shut it off and restart it. Can't stop that part, but I can stop the Ford Pass complaints. Once it gets cold enough that remote start would be nice, I'll probably re-enable it. It's also disabled because I don't want any automatic software updates without me asking for them.

Anyway, get FordPass on your phone and try it.
I have fordpass...I don't see any way to start the vehicle

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By pressing and holding the START button perhaps?
Ford Bronco Bronco auto engine shutoff after idle time? D2CFCE3F-7B1C-428F-8955-988421EFC7BA

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn’t order the FordPass START button option!!!!!

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual transmission…..
Sponsored